September 23, 2017, 05:25:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AL DAVIS MEMORIAL THREAD. WE WILL NEVER FORGET.  (Read 24157 times)
dinor8er
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2011, 12:17:45 PM »

my smileys do not show why is that??? I suspect you guys see them but I don't??

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"
                                                      Samuel Adams
BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2011, 06:06:02 PM »

I see them.

TIBERIUS
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2011, 11:52:18 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGrZwU6wde0&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/DGrZwU6wde0&rel=0</a>

In a place you only dream of, where your soul is always free
Silver stages, golden curtains, filled my head plain as could be
As a rainbow grew around the sun, all my stars above, who died
Came from somewhere beyond the scene you see
These lovely people played just for me

Now if I let you see this place where stories all ring true
Will you let me past your face to see what's really you
It's not for me I ask this question as though I were a king
For you have to love, believe and feel
Before the burst of tambourines take you there

[| From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/o/outlaws-lyrics/green-grass-and-high-tides-lyrics.html |]
Green grass and high tides forever
Castles of stone, soul and glory
Lost faces say we adore you
As kings and queens bow and play for you

Those who don't believe me, find your souls and set them free
Those who do, believe and know that time will be your key
Time and time again I've thanked them for a peace of mind
That helped me find myself amongst the music and the rhyme
That enchants you there

Green grass and high tides forever
Castles of stone, soul and glory
Lost faces say we adore you
As kings and queens bow and play for you
Yeah they play just for you
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:54:55 PM by TIBERIUS » Logged

BACK FROM THE DEAD

r8derfan33
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »

Just heard that Al passed from congestive hear failure brought on by cardiomyopathy....
TIBERIUS
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2011, 06:50:04 PM »

That would explain his other ailments.

BACK FROM THE DEAD

TIBERIUS
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2011, 07:03:09 PM »

According to the certificate, Davis also had a form of skin cancer and had undergone throat surgery three days before his death. He also underwent heart surgery in 1996.

He died at the Oakland Airport Hilton, where he lived during much of the football season.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:05:06 PM by TIBERIUS » Logged

BACK FROM THE DEAD

BoNeSaW
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2011, 01:52:20 PM »

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis died from a broken heart ... this according to his death certificate obtained by TMZ.

The document reveals three primary causes of death:

A) Ventricular fibrillation -- a dangerously abnormal heart rhythm
B) Congestive heart failure
C) Cardiomyopathy -- heart muscle disease

According to the death certificate, Al died at the Oakland Airport Hilton at 2:45 AM on October 8th.

The document shows Al had been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy years ago ... and suffered a ventricular fibrillation just 15 minutes before his death. Davis also suffered from Merkel cell carcinoma -- an aggressive form of skin cancer.

According to the doc, Davis -- who was involved with the NFL for 60 years -- underwent throat surgery just three days before his death. Davis also had heart surgery in 1996.

Al was 82 when he died.

Death certificate

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/1028_AL_DAVIS_deathcert.pdf
TheRedneckRaider
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2011, 03:08:06 PM »

I ain't been able to post for various reasons but it's been on my mind for some time to talk about Al with you guys....

Man I miss that cat. He was one cool cat. Everyone just talked so much shit about the man but he paved the modern day fucking nfl.

Al Davis was everything. He threw the middle finger to league and the law. The league is the law and Al never, not once, ever backed down. That's what I loved most about him.

Once a Raider, always a Raider and the most loyal person many of us loved. I'll probably never know a person as loyal as he was.

I miss him. I miss him to this day. I miss his presence.

I hate to hear that he had such problems at the end and a surgery....I'm going to read this entire thread now....I want to hear you guys' comments...and thoughts on this. In jail, I was surrounded by cowboys fans and no one really got what I was feeling. Fucking jailbirds, how can i expect them to understand. And the guards were straight dicks. I need this thread now. I know i'm rambling on but I needed you guys and now I have this thread and will read it entirely.
BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2012, 09:48:03 PM »

I'll never forget.  Now I want to honor him by continuing to bleed Silver and Black.  In the way it is.

jwmann2
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »

Believe it or not, I find it hilarious that Raiders fans would continuously bash this guy as an owner but are saying they miss him. RIP but this franchise is in a better position now that he is gone.
Oakland65
Global Moderator
HOF Member

Hail the Throne!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2012, 12:09:03 AM »

Believe it or not, I find it hilarious that Raiders fans would continuously bash this guy as an owner but are saying they miss him. RIP but this franchise is in a better position now that he is gone.

That remains to be seen, and he brought us five Super Bowl trips and 3 Rings! He was a major factor in the shape of the NFL.

The world is a sadder place now that he is gone, and the NFL lost an OG!

Nothing "hilarious" about anything, the Raider fans that did bash him, still know what a great man he was, and showed nothing but respect when he passed, as all fans should of the Raiders should.

This is a Thread for respect, pay it, or get out of it.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:13:36 AM by Oakland65 » Logged

Only after disaster can we be resurrected - Tyler Durden
Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden
TIBERIUS
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2012, 03:39:59 PM »

Late Oakland Raiders’ Owner Al Davis to Be Honored with the Younger Award

While many may have disagreed with the Oakland Raiders' iconic owner Al Davis over the years, most of the time ol' Al turned out to be right. Although he passed away last October, his son, Mark Davis, will accept The Younger Award on his behalf this Friday in Indianapolis.

While the busy week begins today at the NFL Scouting Combine, also in Indianapolis, with four days of intense interviews involving hundreds of the best college football players and executives, coaches, scouts and doctors from all 32 NFL teams, the late Davis will be given the Paul "Tank" Younger Award.

Davis is noted as being perhaps the person who has had the greatest impact on the NFL in its entire history. He rescued the Raiders when he purchased the team, taking them from an old high school field and turning them into one of the most winning teams in the NFL. But what Davis may be most noted for, is his idea of equal opportunities for everyone when it came to hiring.

Davis himself was just 33 years old when he bought the team, and was the youngest person in professional football to hold both general manager and head coach positions. The Younger Award recognizes the commitment the iconic owner had to both racial and gender diversity.

Attending a game in Oakland with a sea of Silver and Black throughout the Coliseum represents the great ideals of Davis and what most of us hope the world can some day be like. When you're a Raider fan you are a part of one big family, no matter what the color of your skin, your gender, age or financial status.

Davis saw talent and hired based on a person's abilities and nothing else. He hired CEO Amy Trask, and she became the highest ranking female the NFL had ever seen. In 1968, Davis drafted the first African American quarterback, Eldridge Dickey, in the first round of the draft. He was the first to hire a Latino head coach in Tom Flores, who took the team to two Super Bowls, and he also named the first African-American head coach of the modern era when he appointed Art Shell to the team in 1989.

There is no doubt that Davis is well-deserving of this award, and I'm grateful that he was not only a part of the Raiders' legacy, but made so many outstanding contributions to our world.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10997906

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

BACK FROM THE DEAD

Oakland65
Global Moderator
HOF Member

Hail the Throne!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »

Stanford Routt ? @SRoutt26

I also want to send a special thanks to Al Davis...he gave me my first job, was one of my biggest fans and kept his promise...#RIPAllenDavis

Only after disaster can we be resurrected - Tyler Durden
Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2012, 12:55:33 AM »

Nice call

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2012, 05:57:18 PM »

YO bro this is Al's memorial thread show some fucking respect.

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: