RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone watching "The Walking Dead"?  (Read 30643 times)

BC

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone watching "The Walking Dead"?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 04:30:23 PM »

I didn't watch it because I thought it was like all the zombie movies.  Don't laugh, but I don't watch things like zombies and Saw movies and slasher stuff - because it's too scary to me.   ;D

BBBBBBRRRRRAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS..................

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 06:17:33 PM »

Yeah gossamer138 I just read your post as I came here to to tell you that I just read the THR article "Long Wait Likely for "Walking Dead" Season 2 http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/walking-dead-season-two-45474

This is very disconcerting - a show begins and catches my attention and just as I start to like it, maybe even get into it - I learn that there is only 3 more new episodes in the current season and that the next season won't start for another 12 months! That's fucked up! I never thought I would have to treat a tv show like a one night stand get what I can and then forget about it but I really do not appreciate being led on for a few dates to find out that I will have to wait for a year before I can really get some! So it is not a good idea to get hooked on this show because you will have to wait a long time before you will get any more!

yeah AMC struck gold with another great series (rumor has it HBO turned this down and AMC picked up the original deal for 6 episode trial) and now it will be almost a year before we see new episodes. its like waiting for the sopranos all over again. will be very hard to keep people interested in this or even remember what the hell happened from a year ago. will have to replay the original 6 before new season starts to start getting people re-aquainted with it. was one of the highest rated cable tv shows and is quickly picking up steam just as its about to end.which is why im guessing youll see season one by end of winter on dvd.  a year is way to long, which is why i plan on picking up the hard cover collecters editions to keep me tied over until then. but ill also have breaking bad starting up in march again.

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »

vatos

BC

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 09:13:55 PM »

Shoot.   I was just about to watch it.........................   :o

Limb Reaper

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 06:44:54 PM »

Seems like the Walking Dead has been taking pointers with episode titles from breaking bad. Loved the last title "Vatos" which has a dual meaning, both expressed in the episode. the first is the spanish translation for "dude" which when russ and his boys pull guns on  the spanish gang, guillermo pulls his gun with a "dude". second it is an acronym for "valid at time of shipment" refering to the deal with the shipment of the guns for the life of glenn.

also loved when daryl dixon told the old guy to basically "get your old ass and your hat and go back to on golden pond".  :laugh:

Limb Reaper

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 09:18:11 AM »

Seems like the Walking Dead has been taking pointers with episode titles from breaking bad. Loved the last title "Vatos" which has a dual meaning, both expressed in the episode. the first is the spanish translation for "dude" which when russ and his boys pull guns on  the spanish gang, guillermo pulls his gun with a "dude". second it is an acronym for "valid at time of shipment" refering to the deal with the shipment of the guns for the life of glenn.

also loved when daryl dixon told the old guy to basically "get your old ass and your hat and go back to on golden pond".  :laugh:

I missed it Sunday. Hopefully they'll replay it next week before episode 5.

r8derfan33

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 01:47:50 PM »

I missed it Sunday. Hopefully they'll replay it next week before episode 5.

Check with AMC's schedule.  They have several replays during the week.

r8derfan33

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 01:51:07 PM »

man....what i love about the show is that they're not trying to scare you with the music or sudden cuts to scare the crap out of you.  They do it with anticipation and intense scenes.  You feel for all the survivors and you're putting yourself into that role.  You wonder 'What would I do in that situation?"  You can feel the fear that is in everyone. 

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »

"wildfire"...andrea to russ after pulling a gun on him when mourning over her daughter... "I know how the safety works" ;D keen observers will chuckle at this line if they remember her first run in with russ.

cdc
dr. j
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:53:24 AM by gossamer138 »

r8derfan33

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 06:02:42 PM »

"wildfire"...andrea to russ after pulling a gun on him when mourning over her daughter... "I know how the safety works" ;D keen observers will chuckle at this line if they remember her first run in with russ.

cdc
dr. j

sorry bro...she was crying over her sister....they were about 12 years apart i believe.

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 07:06:53 PM »

your right, no idea why i called her , her daughter, didnt even realize it until you said something.  i think early on i just assumed it because big sis was raising her and it just stuck.

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 09:23:11 PM »

sorry bro...she was crying over her sister....they were about 12 years apart i believe.

well i figured it out. check out the time - date stamp. my post was on the 23rd , 5 days before the episode aired. when Andrea. was contemplating stealing the necklace in the mall, i dont believe the relationship between the two was revealed just yet. it wasnt til the episode aired "Wildfire" with the beginning with them on the boat that verified the age difference and the fact that the older one was the sister , not the mother, though she displayed a mature tendencie to care for her younger sister like a daughter and grew up fast. when i posted this i was still under the assumption she was the mother,(having not seen the opening boat scene) .

Finale: "TS-19" reveals the essence of test subject 19 and the effect of the virus on the brain.

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 10:01:23 PM »

test subject 19. finale. its going to be a long anxious wait.  >:(

r8derfan33

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 12:24:45 AM »

So do we have to wait till next October?  That's just too long! 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.