Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/raiderf/public_html/raiderforum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Anyone watching "The Walking Dead"?
July 22, 2018, 11:50:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone watching "The Walking Dead"?  (Read 25177 times)
r8derfan33
« on: November 12, 2010, 10:43:20 AM »

AMC 7pm PST Sunday nights.  Great show!  Great acting.  Intense!
Oakland65
HOF Member

Hail the Throne!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 02:15:27 PM »

Yup, love it, been waiting for this, well worth the wait!

Season two already picked up for 16 more episodes.

Only after disaster can we be resurrected - Tyler Durden
Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden
gossamer138
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 06:33:26 PM »

i think i may of heard of this...

http://raiderforum.net/smf/index.php?topic=508.msg136959#msg136959

http://raiderforum.net/smf/index.php?topic=7317.0

Grin

theres probably 3 or 4 other instances i ranted and raved about this. been waiting since july when first announced and got a sneak peak at it when it premiered at comic-con. supposedly follows the comic pretty faithfully. a great storyline of humanity within the dead.  for those unfamiliar yes this is based on a comic book from 2003. unfortunately it will be both fun and a bit forseen since im familar with the collection to see if how faithful or any new twists they may add.

http://www.comicvine.com/the-walking-dead/49-18166/?page=4
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:39:01 PM by gossamer138 » Logged
BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 07:02:08 PM »

I didn't watch it because I thought it was like all the zombie movies.  Don't laugh, but I don't watch things like zombies and Saw movies and slasher stuff - because it's too scary to me.   Grin

WozeRaider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 07:20:47 PM »

I didn't watch it because I thought it was like all the zombie movies.  Don't laugh, but I don't watch things like zombies and Saw movies and slasher stuff - because it's too scary to me.   Grin

Sissy girl! dielaffin dielaffin dielaffin dielaffin

WozeRaider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 07:22:27 PM »

By the way I bet DH is loving it!!!!!

gossamer138
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »

dvd set is rumored to be late winter ($49 srp) with included B&W episodes. ive seen the animated "days gone by" drawn just like the comic (actually the name of the first vol hardcover) which was surprisingly good. bad news is that only 6 episodes were shot for the first year so we are midway through the first season already and blood thirsty for more. thank god breaking bad should be picking up on amc in the next few months to fill the gap in the meantime.
Rolling_Raider
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 04:22:33 AM »

I am not really big into the zombie topics but I did tune into the first episode and almost turned the channel after the first few minutes had shown a lot of senseless gun fire and the killing of a classic Pontiac GTO! That really really pissed me off! It was nearly demolished - I am not sure what year it was - it wasn't my favorite '65-'67 but it was still a classic GTO! But I did keep watching and glad I did. It is some very good acting, and I like the story line including the mystery of how it all happened! So I watched episode two and look forward to the next one! But I would feel a lot better to hear from the producers that the GTO lived - in real life - not on the show!

Just Repeat, Baby!
gossamer138
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »

this is really not so much about the zombies as it is about the surviors, and that should become more evident as the series progresses. its about humanity, the struggle to survive and coming to terms that there is no cure or hope at the end of the road. about putting aside differences and working with people to survive, family, and politics (as we will soon see with the governor) and the endless quest to stay alive and human. the make up is some of the best ive seen and the time and effort that went behind it was incredible that many may not take notice or even know about. the director wanted a certain type of face. elongated, especially for the first zombie encounter in the park and had actors face scanned to find the right dimiension and shape , the make up along took over 4 hours. we will see family conflict (grimes and ex partner) and differences in opinion as to what is best, travel, stay etc... wont reveal to much more to avoid spoilers but this is about the human aspect rather then mindless zombies , is smartly written, esp. from a comic book and has multiple layers of complexity and characters, even the zombies are made up specifically and have thier own story to tell.
jossjeff
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 07:07:47 PM »

In....love it so far,

Scares the GF to the bedroom.

jmasky
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 09:53:25 PM »

This show is freaking awesome. Might end up being the first Comic I get into, reading after the Episodes air.

I loved Lost, thought it was the best show on TV, but thus far, in my humble opinion, The Walking Dead blows it out of the water.
SoCal_Mike
Franchise Member

Pride and poise

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 01:35:18 PM »

Thought this was a thread about my co-workers...  Wink
gossamer138
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 06:16:48 PM »

putting the hardcover books on my xmas list. first vol. already is up 25% in price from last week. damm. lol
its going to be a long year until then so might as well catch up on whats ahead...

Walking Dead Season 2 When?
Source: THR November 15, 2010

Three episodes to go until The Walking Dead exits AMC, closing out its first season (I suspect it'll be a doozy of a cliffhanger).

Don't fear, a second season is on the way. AMC has given season two the green light and, today, insiders are telling The Hollywood Reporter we probably won't see it hit the small screen until next October.

Perfectly understandable. There are 13 episodes to produce next year, as opposed to six, and production hasn't even begun yet. Plus, you have to take into account AMC's other slate of television shows.

THR added in their news item that Frank Darabont will likely slip back into the director's chair again, too.

Rolling_Raider
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 02:04:51 AM »

Yeah gossamer138 I just read your post as I came here to to tell you that I just read the THR article "Long Wait Likely for "Walking Dead" Season 2 http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/walking-dead-season-two-45474

This is very disconcerting - a show begins and catches my attention and just as I start to like it, maybe even get into it - I learn that there is only 3 more new episodes in the current season and that the next season won't start for another 12 months! That's fucked up! I never thought I would have to treat a tv show like a one night stand get what I can and then forget about it but I really do not appreciate being led on for a few dates to find out that I will have to wait for a year before I can really get some! So it is not a good idea to get hooked on this show because you will have to wait a long time before you will get any more!

Just Repeat, Baby!
Oakland65
HOF Member

Hail the Throne!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »

BBBBBBRRRRRAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS...................

Only after disaster can we be resurrected - Tyler Durden
Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: