RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40   Go Down

Author Topic: MLB Thread  (Read 100267 times)

SlayerRaider

Re: MLB Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2008, 12:42:18 AM »

During the Angels-Yankees game last night, I saw something that has been goin on for a while with the team & needs to stop if they want to score more runs

When the bases were loaded, Chone Figgins swung on a hitters' count pitch when he should've acknowledged that Ponson had thrown more balls than strikes during that at-bat. Maicer Izturis didn't help that cause either by not containing his swing.

The moral of the story is that if you're up to bat and the pitcher is having control problems at the time, let him have his control problems and take the walk.
??? ???

This kind of shit happens all the time!

michiganraider

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2008, 12:57:06 AM »

During the Angels-Yankees game last night, I saw something that has been goin on for a while with the team & needs to stop if they want to score more runs

When the bases were loaded, Chone Figgins swung on a hitters' count pitch when he should've acknowledged that Ponson had thrown more balls than strikes during that at-bat. Maicer Izturis didn't help that cause either by not containing his swing.

The moral of the story is that if you're up to bat and the pitcher is having control problems at the time, let him have his control problems and take the walk.
??? ???

This kind of shit happens all the time!

seriously, Angels got nothing to to worry about...by FAR the best team in baseball..of course that doesn't always mean a lot come playoff time, but they the CLEAR favorites

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 07:24:31 AM »

So what team do ya'll think Matt Holliday will end up on??? Yankees?

The Rockies are a bunch of cheap bastards who don't what the fuck to do when it comes to signing talent.

Signiture By: 9erHater

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 09:49:19 AM »

looks like no where for Holliday.

I didnt the Sox would actually give up on Manny though.

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 10:56:17 PM »

looks like no where for Holliday.

I didnt the Sox would actually give up on Manny though.

Yea. If Holliday goes it will be in the offseason.

Signiture By: 9erHater

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 12:52:53 PM »

Will be at tonight's Oakland / Toronto game.....
should be a high scoring contest, two shitty pitchers on the mound.
I always sit above the bullpen (first row, left field) to razz the pitchers and maybe get some HR balls, LOL.

Sonic Raider

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 08:37:27 PM »

2 months left to go in the baseball season & my Angels are still the #1 team in baseball.

Still stoked about getting Teixeira, he & Vlad make a great 1-2 punch at the #3 & #4 spots respectively.  Braves fans should appreciate Kotchman, he is a player who will always give it his all.

Sonic Raider

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »

What a weekend for the Angels! ;D

We swept the New York Yankees in Anaheim.  The 1st 2 games were blowouts while the rubber match proved that we can win in very close games as well. 

Our offense is finally turning up the offense and the runs as well.  Up until now it seemed like we only relied on our great pitching corps but now everybody is coming together & clicking on all cylinders. 

The thing about the Yankees is that we've been a thorn in their side for a few years now.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the Angels were hated by Yankees fans at this point. 

jayraiderfan

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 11:43:32 AM »

We swept the New York Yankees in Anaheim.  The 1st 2 games were blowouts while the rubber match proved that we can win in very close games as well. 

Our offense is finally turning up the offense and the runs as well.  Up until now it seemed like we only relied on our great pitching corps but now everybody is coming together & clicking on all cylinders. 

The thing about the Yankees is that we've been a thorn in their side for a few years now.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the Angels were hated by Yankees fans at this point. 

:middle finger:

SlayerRaider

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 02:59:43 PM »

I still don't understand how you're a fan of all of these west coast teams considering you're from Philly?? ???

jayraiderfan

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2008, 07:47:35 PM »

I still don't understand how you're a fan of all of these west coast teams considering you're from Philly?? ???

Easy... the Ducks won the cup and the Angels have a better record than the Phillies. He appears to be a front runner... has been as long as I've been a member of this forum.

lady_raider_4_life

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 11:25:29 PM »

MANNY CUT HIS HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

an inch  ;D ;D

SlayerRaider

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 02:17:23 PM »

Easy... the Ducks won the cup and the Angels have a better record than the Phillies. He appears to be a front runner... has been as long as I've been a member of this forum.

It would appear that way.  I hate that shit! >:(

CC 2

• HOF Member
  • Win or Lose make them pay the price!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2008, 12:47:34 PM »

Even though the Jays will not take the wild card. The Red sox most likely.
The Jays beating the NY Yankee's last night 14-3 pulling within 1 game of the high powered and priced Yankee's is still making me laugh.
Go Sox/Jays.

Fire that mutt Downing !

jayraiderfan

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2008, 07:15:51 AM »

First replay review in MLB history was last night in Yankees-Rays game... and I was THERE!!!!!!!!  HIstory!  It took a little over 2 minutes but they got the call right. I was sitting right under the pole, literally, and watched it go over in fair territory.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.