RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: BOXING, UFC, Fighting Thread  (Read 102754 times)

ao23

Re: BOXING, UFC, Fighting Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 11:44:18 PM »

Margarito fucken won. great fucken day n it wuz free haha

HWD R8DR

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 11:56:20 PM »

It's a classic:
Margarito KOs Cotto in 11!
By Victor Perea and Andreas Hale at ringside
Photo: Chris Cozzone

Former champion Antonio Margarito (37-5, 27 KOs) regained the world welterweight title with a brilliant eleventh round knockout of previously unbeaten WBA champion Miguel Cotto (32-1, 26 KOs) on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Cotto outboxed Margarito in round one, but the war was on in round two as both fighters connected with huge bombs. Margarito applied relentless pressure over the next few rounds, but Cotto, boxing beautifully, landed the cleaner blows. Margarito turned things around in the seventh, finally hurting Cotto and punishing the champion. Cotto tried to regroup in the eighth, but Margarito got to him again late in the round. Cotto seemed to win the ninth and most of the tenth, but got rocked at the end of the round. Margarito battered Cotto in the eleveth and Cotto took a knee twice before his corner threw in the towel. Time was 2:05.

www.fightnews.com

I told everyone Margarito KO11.  YEAH!!!  ;D ;D ;D

gst8

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 01:42:45 PM »

Cotto looked like a cowaring dog the second time he took an knee.

From here on out, every fighter will have a mental edge on him.

His career is over.

Oakland65

• HOF Member
  • Hail the Throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 04:39:41 PM »

His career is over.

??? I highly doubt it!

Very few, if any, could do what Margarito did, between his stamina, and his ability to take big shots while delivering big blows.

Props to Margarito, but to say Cotto's carrer is over after one loss is a bit far reaching imo!

Only after disaster can we be resurrected - Tyler Durden
Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden

gst8

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 10:11:53 PM »

His career is over.

??? I highly doubt it!

Very few, if any, could do what Margarito did, between his stamina, and his ability to take big shots while delivering big blows.

Props to Margarito, but to say Cotto's carrer is over after one loss is a bit far reaching imo!

I might agree had Cotto simply been KO'd.

Instead, he went belly-up.

Now, every fighter Cotto faces will dig that much deeper knowing that he quit before.

He just became a stepping stone IMO.

HWD R8DR

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »

His career is over.

??? I highly doubt it!

Now, every fighter Cotto faces will dig that much deeper knowing that he quit before.

Not a chance.  Margarito has arrguably the best chin in boxing and, has the record for most puches thrown in any fight according to compubox.  Cotto could've knocked anybody else with those punches.  Margarito just broke him down with continues pressure.

The seccond time Cotto took a knee was after receiving big shots through out eleven rounds.  His body could take no more.  I was cheering for Margarito but Cotto showed a lot of heart and went out on his shield.

gst8

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 05:41:42 PM »

His career is over.

??? I highly doubt it!

Not a chance.  Margarito has arrguably the best chin in boxing and, has the record for most puches thrown in any fight according to compubox.  Cotto could've knocked anybody else with those punches.  Margarito just broke him down with continues pressure.

The seccond time Cotto took a knee was after receiving big shots through out eleven rounds.  His body could take no more.  I was cheering for Margarito but Cotto showed a lot of heart and went out on his shield.

Cotto didn't go out on his shield, he quit.  Neither the ref or his corner was going to stop the fight until he took that knee.  Margarito broke him the same way Trinidad broke Vargas and, like Vargas, I don't think he'll be the same fighter again.  Boxing is as much mental as it is physical and Cotto has just conceded that edge IMO.

Automatic

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 08:28:39 PM »

Cotto vs De la Hoya for a career going away party. With Mayweather retired, this is a much better match up for Oscar's last fight. I think Cotto beats him but at least we get a more even fight on paper over Pac man vs Golden Boy.

If only Pac Man was naturally bigger, between his speed and power he could match up with anybody out there, from Mayweather to Margarito and anybody in between.

Oakland65

• HOF Member
  • Hail the Throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 09:32:47 PM »

Fuck De La Hoya, I wouldn't pay a dime to watch him, his time is done!

Although it would be nice to watch Cotto beat him into retirement, but I would see that a week later for free!

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden

HWD R8DR

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 10:32:20 PM »

His career is over.

??? I highly doubt it!

Cotto didn't go out on his shield, he quit.  Neither the ref or his corner was going to stop the fight until he took that knee.  Margarito broke him the same way Trinidad broke Vargas and, like Vargas, I don't think he'll be the same fighter again.  Boxing is as much mental as it is physical and Cotto has just conceded that edge IMO.

Weather or not he can bounce back is yet to be seen.  But I that last knee he took was because his body gave all it had to give.  At least that's the way I saw it.

HWD R8DR

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 10:40:35 PM »

Fuck De La Hoya, I wouldn't pay a dime to watch him, his time is done!

Although it would be nice to watch Cotto beat him into retirement, but I would see that a week later for free!

I've been to his last three fights.   ;D  Probably will go to his last (Vegas is off the hook DLH weekends).  But he is done.  No way he fights Cotto now and I don't think he'll want to fight Margarito, though, this what the fans will want to see.  If he fights Paquiao it's a lose - lose situation.  We'll see.

Oakland65

• HOF Member
  • Hail the Throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 11:26:59 AM »

UFC 87 SEEK AND DESTROY

Aug-9-2008 7pm PT / 10pm ET 
Event Type: PPV Live

Description: Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre defends the UFC® Welterweight Championship at UFC® 87: SEEK AND DESTROY, as number one contender Jon Fitch steps up to take on the newly crowned champion. Then, hometown hero Brock Lesnar returns to the Octagon™ to seek redemption in the Heavyweight Division. Plus, in what could end up being the matchup of the year, lightweight contenders face off as Kenny 'KenFlo' Florian battles Roger 'El Matador' Huerta.

Georges St-Pierre Vs. Jon Fitch

Brock Lesnar Vs. Heath Herring

Kenny Florian Vs. Roger Huerta 

Manny Gamburyan Vs. Rob Emerson

Jason MacDonald Vs. Demian Maia 

If Florian/Huerta can live up to the potential, it should be a great fight.

Fitch may surprise some people, I think St. Pierre will win, but if Pierre has taken Fitch lightly he is in trouble.....I think he learned his lesson in the first Serra fight though....

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »

Fitch got his assed kicked! He's a tough fucker but did nothing to hurt St.Pierre.
GSP smoked him! BJ Penn will be a better opponent for GSP. Fight will take place in Montreal I bet...
they want 1 more in Canada before end of year.

Lesnar is a beast... but damn bro, show some respect, this isn't WWE!
Laughing at opponent? Grabbing mic from Rogan? The Fish and Reel gesture?
C'mon man...

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 10:49:05 AM »

UFC 88: Chuck Liddell vs Rashad Evans

Am I the only one thinking Liddell will get his ass kicked?
Evans is the big underdog, I think I might throw a big wager down.

CC 2

• HOF Member
  • Win or Lose make them pay the price!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 09:19:15 PM »

Fitch got his assed kicked! He's a tough fucker but did nothing to hurt St.Pierre.
GSP smoked him! BJ Penn will be a better opponent for GSP. Fight will take place in Montreal I bet...
they want 1 more in Canada before end of year.

Lesnar is a beast... but damn bro, show some respect, this isn't WWE!
Laughing at opponent? Grabbing mic from Rogan? The Fish and Reel gesture?
C'mon man...

GSP just about smashed Fitch's grill right off. Most non fans of GSP think he is just a technical fighter with outstanding take down defence. I have watched GSP beat opponents every possible way.

Fire that mutt Downing !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.