RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: BOXING, UFC, Fighting Thread  (Read 102756 times)

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
BOXING, UFC, Fighting Thread
« on: July 21, 2008, 02:33:24 PM »

ALL BOXING, UFC, MIXED MARTIAL ARTS DISCUSSION IN HERE

Oakland65

• HOF Member
  • Hail the Throne!
    • View Profile
Re: BOXING, UFC, Fighting Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 04:18:09 PM »

And down goes Irvin.....like I said, won't even be a sweat for the Spider!

Only after disaster can we be resurrected - Tyler Durden
Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 04:38:38 PM »

Love the UFC!! just wish i could watch more of it.

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

Oakland65

• HOF Member
  • Hail the Throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 12:46:10 AM »

Cotto vs. Margarito

Saturday PPV

Has the potential to be an amazing war!

Catch it if you can!

Cotto (32-0, 26 KOs), from Caguas, Puerto Rico, a two-division world champion, won the WBO junior welterweight championship in September 2004, knocking out undefeated contender Kelson Pinto for the vacant title. He successfully defended the belt six times during his two-year reign, before vacating it to challenge undefeated contender Carlos Quintana. He stopped him in the fifth round to capture the WBA welterweight crown in December 2006. Cotto has successfully defended it four times, going the distance only once.

Margarito (36-5, 26 KOs), from Tijuana, Mexico, is a two-time welterweight champion. He knocked out Antonio Diaz in the 10th round to capture the vacant WBO title in March 2002. He successfully defended it seven times during his five-year reign before losing it to Paul Williams in July 2007 via a close 12-round decision. He captured the IBF title in his most recent fight on April 12, knocking out defending champion Kermit Cintron in the sixth round.
http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2008/2008_0726_cotto_margarito/index.html

THE LONG VISION QUEST
It took Antonio Margarito six years to find an elite boxer willing to fight him. Now that he has one in Miguel Cotto, Margarito is so intensely focused that his manager put up a big TV screen in the gym playing nothing but nonstop Cotto fights.
Full Read:
http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2008/2008_0726_cotto_margarito/columns/gottlieb_margarito.html

IS THIS COTTO'S MOMENT?

July 10, 2008 - by Ron Borges | Photos by Will Hart

Miguel Cotto can separate himself from the pack - and maybe even from the Pac-Man - on July 26. All he has to do is separate Antonio Margarito from his senses.

With the retirement of Floyd Mayweather Jr., the undefeated WBO champion ascended to the top of every list of the world's best welterweights and moved closer to the top of the pound-for-pound rankings Mayweather ruled for so long. The top slot in the latter is primarily occupied now, in the opinion of most observers, by Manny Pacquiao, the recently crowned WBC lightweight champion who has won world titles in four weight classes and who is certainly considered among the most exciting fighters in the world as well as one of the most devastating punchers.

Where that leaves Cotto (32-0, 26 KO) is right where he chose to be - which is in the ring with arguably the most dangerous welterweight in the world...other than himself. This is a choice Cotto did not have to make but welcomed because that is how he looks at his job. He is not simply a boxer. He is a fighter desperate to prove where he fits in the sport's hierarchy, a desire that has become too rare a commodity these days in boxing.
Full Read:
http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2008/2008_0726_cotto_margarito/columns/borges_cotto.html
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 12:49:26 AM by Oakland65 »

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden

Automatic

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 02:16:41 AM »

And down goes Irvin.....like I said, won't even be a sweat for the Spider!

Anderson Silva and Fedor are the best p4p fighters in the world. I hope Machida loses to Thiago Silva so   that the Spyder can make a serious run at the lhw title.
As far as Fedor goes, the Arlovski we saw on Sat night would make for a great fight on paper. Two fighters with Sambo backgrounds, with the edge going to Fedor, while Arlovski's technique gets the advantage standing up.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 02:21:19 AM by Automatic »

Automatic

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 02:32:09 AM »

Cotto vs. Margarito

Saturday PPV

Has the potential to be an amazing war!

Catch it if you can!

Cotto (32-0, 26 KOs), from Caguas, Puerto Rico, a two-division world champion, won the WBO junior welterweight championship in September 2004, knocking out undefeated contender Kelson Pinto for the vacant title. He successfully defended the belt six times during his two-year reign, before vacating it to challenge undefeated contender Carlos Quintana. He stopped him in the fifth round to capture the WBA welterweight crown in December 2006. Cotto has successfully defended it four times, going the distance only once.

Margarito (36-5, 26 KOs), from Tijuana, Mexico, is a two-time welterweight champion. He knocked out Antonio Diaz in the 10th round to capture the vacant WBO title in March 2002. He successfully defended it seven times during his five-year reign before losing it to Paul Williams in July 2007 via a close 12-round decision. He captured the IBF title in his most recent fight on April 12, knocking out defending champion Kermit Cintron in the sixth round.
http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2008/2008_0726_cotto_margarito/index.html

THE LONG VISION QUEST
It took Antonio Margarito six years to find an elite boxer willing to fight him. Now that he has one in Miguel Cotto, Margarito is so intensely focused that his manager put up a big TV screen in the gym playing nothing but nonstop Cotto fights.
Full Read:
http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2008/2008_0726_cotto_margarito/columns/gottlieb_margarito.html

IS THIS COTTO'S MOMENT?

July 10, 2008 - by Ron Borges | Photos by Will Hart

Miguel Cotto can separate himself from the pack - and maybe even from the Pac-Man - on July 26. All he has to do is separate Antonio Margarito from his senses.

With the retirement of Floyd Mayweather Jr., the undefeated WBO champion ascended to the top of every list of the world's best welterweights and moved closer to the top of the pound-for-pound rankings Mayweather ruled for so long. The top slot in the latter is primarily occupied now, in the opinion of most observers, by Manny Pacquiao, the recently crowned WBC lightweight champion who has won world titles in four weight classes and who is certainly considered among the most exciting fighters in the world as well as one of the most devastating punchers.

Where that leaves Cotto (32-0, 26 KO) is right where he chose to be - which is in the ring with arguably the most dangerous welterweight in the world...other than himself. This is a choice Cotto did not have to make but welcomed because that is how he looks at his job. He is not simply a boxer. He is a fighter desperate to prove where he fits in the sport's hierarchy, a desire that has become too rare a commodity these days in boxing.
Full Read:
http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2008/2008_0726_cotto_margarito/columns/borges_cotto.html

With Mayweather retired, a Cotto win might set up an end of the year fight with De la Hoya, although it was floating around earlier today that a Pac Man vs. Golden Boy fight at 147 could be signed for later this year.

CC 2

• HOF Member
  • Win or Lose make them pay the price!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:12:58 AM »

Affliction banned one the best cards ever, a free UFC card & Dream 5. Me thinks that it was too much MMA for the net to handle thus taking our RF down in flames. Faster the Fedor submission on Sylvia.

Fire that mutt Downing !

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 11:53:51 AM »

Gina!

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

ao23

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »

hopefully margarito wins

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 12:54:17 AM »

Affliction banned one the best cards ever, a free UFC card & Dream 5. Me thinks that it was too much MMA for the net to handle thus taking our RF down in flames. Faster the Fedor submission on Sylvia.

Competition between the factions is good. Means we get alot better quality cards, and a lot of freebies.

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

CC 2

• HOF Member
  • Win or Lose make them pay the price!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 04:02:31 PM »

EliteXC freebie tonight on CBS. The rematch between Lawler and Smith is going to a good one. I give my vote to Lawler. Diaz v Denny I give to Diaz but his defending against standing strikes is pretty sloppy. Shields Thompson could go either way. Silva is always fun to watch the dude looks like a Brazillian Cyborg.

Fire that mutt Downing !

Oakland65

• HOF Member
  • Hail the Throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 04:28:34 PM »

EliteXC freebie tonight on CBS. The rematch between Lawler and Smith is going to a good one. I give my vote to Lawler. Diaz v Denny I give to Diaz but his defending against standing strikes is pretty sloppy. Shields Thompson could go either way. Silva is always fun to watch the dude looks like a Brazillian Cyborg.

That should be a great fight < Lawler/Smith >, but I will watch it later on TIVO, tonight is all about:

COTTO VS. MARGARITO

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 06:10:49 PM »

HD NET is showing the Dream 5 lightweight finals 2nite. Anyone been watching that tourney?

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »

ELITE might want to institute some form of legit drug testing. Did you see the guys, errr girls fight ?

Dude(ettes) had necks the size of Urlacher.  ;D  No offense Brian.  ;D

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 09:18:07 PM »

How bout Nick Diaz post fight interview. Hey Nick, STFU you walking promotional board.

Get any money from those shout outs. Interviewer never got in 1 question. 

;D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.