December 22, 2014, 06:18:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Thread  (Read 26763 times)
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 07, 2012, 09:34:53 PM »

Go Devils!   Lol I'm trying to keep this one alive.

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
gossamer138
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 31, 2012, 08:34:28 AM »

Go geno. Art Ross.
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 27, 2012, 10:54:22 AM »

How about them Devils!

ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 14, 2012, 06:52:22 PM »

Parise and Sutter to the Wild.  Not gonna lie that one hurt.  Watch out for the Wild next year.

Sonic
Franchise Member

Here Comes The Mack Attack!

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 06, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »

NHL & NHLPA reach tentative agreement

NEW YORK -- A tentative agreement has been reached between the NHL and the players' association.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr stood side by side in the early hours of Sunday morning to announce there was a framework in place for a new collective bargaining agreement.

Although the deal still requires language clarification, legal fine-tuning and ratification from both sides, a verbal agreement has been reached on the major points.

"We still have a lot of work to do," Bettman said, "but it's good to be at this point."

The deal still requires majority approval from both the board of governors -- likely Wednesday, a source told ESPN -- and the NHLPA membership before it can become official.

The tentative agreement is a 10-year deal with a mutual opt-out clause after eight years and includes contract term limits at seven years (eight years for a team to re-sign its own players), a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8817955/nhl-nhlpa-reach-tentative-agreement

Win, Lose, or Tie: Raiders 'Til We Die WE DESERVE BETTER!
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 07, 2013, 04:55:05 PM »

Let's go Devils!!   We have hockey boys and girls!!!!

Sonic
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 05, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »

I love my Fantasy Hockey league on ESPN that I selected.  There is no limit to the players I can acquire so I can fill up all my spots every day. muhaha

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 26, 2013, 01:11:14 AM »

Go ahead and give two more points to the streaking Chicago Blackhawks.

Hossa scored 1:44 into overtime and the Blackhawks beat the Edmonton Oilers 3-2 on Monday night to stretch their NHL-record opening points streak to 19 games.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

FIRE DENNIS ALLEN/ (thank you)/ FIRE REGGIE MCKENZIE/GET NEW OWNERSHIP
Sonic
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 26, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »

Go ahead and give two more points to the streaking Chicago Blackhawks.

Hossa scored 1:44 into overtime and the Blackhawks beat the Edmonton Oilers 3-2 on Monday night to stretch their NHL-record opening points streak to 19 games.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

As long as Jonathan Toews does great this year...I got him on my fantasy team.

Sonic
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 26, 2013, 11:57:06 PM »

Just wanted to send a middlefinger to the peewee hockey coach up in Richmond B.C. who tripped an opposing player during a postgame handshake.  Not only did you hurt a child by doing this but you also set a bad example as a coach, to teach your players about sportsmanship and this is what you do?

FUCK YOU! 

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/pee-wee-hockey-coach-canada-gets-15-days-005127521--nhl.html

Johnny Rotten
Franchise Member

(Semi)Official RaiderForum Crew Chief

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 28, 2013, 06:12:06 PM »

At least the Caps are finally showing a pulse, last night's debacle in Philly not withstanding...  Roll Eyes

An SS Camaro looks like it could kick your ass, but a WS-6 Trans Am looks like it's actually coming to do it!
Sonic
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 28, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »

At least the Caps are finally showing a pulse, last night's debacle in Philly not withstanding...  Roll Eyes

I watched a bit of that Flyers-Caps game the other night and I must tell you, Alex Ovechkin has really behaved quite like Sidney Crosby the other night, one Flyer just brushed him with his elbow and Ovechkin went down as if he was trying to draw a 5-minute major.  Even in transitions and on the backcheck Ovechkin showed no effort whatsoever. 

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 09, 2013, 11:40:41 AM »

Player Uppercuts Ref In The Face, Banned For Life

VID........

http://www.sportsgrid.com/video/hockey-player-punches-ref-banned-for-life/

Johnny Rotten
Franchise Member

(Semi)Official RaiderForum Crew Chief

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 10, 2013, 06:05:13 PM »

Player Uppercuts Ref In The Face, Banned For Life

VID........

http://www.sportsgrid.com/video/hockey-player-punches-ref-banned-for-life/

Being a player myself, can't condone this for any reason.  Good riddance.

An SS Camaro looks like it could kick your ass, but a WS-6 Trans Am looks like it's actually coming to do it!
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 13, 2013, 02:27:03 AM »

Hawks clinch Central, sweep Wings

Brandon Saad just keeps adding to his rookie resume of great moments. And he had one of his biggest at the right time on Friday night.

Saad tallied his first career shootout winner, and the Blackhawks clinched the Central Division in their 3-2 victory over the Detroit Red Wings. The Blackhawks, who took the Central crown as soon as regulation ended, swept the regular-season series over the Wings for the first time since the 1976-77 season.

Viktor Stalberg and Jonathan Toews also scored for the Blackhawks, who won their fourth consecutive game. It was the Blackhawks’ 15th division title in franchise history, and the first since the 2009-10 season, which culminated with a Stanley Cup.

[MORE: Blackhawks agree to deal with Hobey Baker winner LeBlanc]

Corey Crawford stopped 27 of 29 in regulation and overtime, and then four of five Wings in the shootout for his fourth victory over them this season. Crawford, who hadn’t started the past three games, said he didn’t feel right when he faced the St. Louis Blues in the shootout last week. He didn’t have that problem on Friday.

“I felt really good, actually,” said Crawford. “We watched some video and I was moving back too fast [last time]. I had more control and was able to move side to side pretty well.”

Saad also moved pretty well in the shootout. The rookie forward said he watched the Blackhawks’ previous shooters to get an idea of what to do. He focused on Toews, who wasn’t able to lift his shot past Jimmy Howard. Saad did the same type of move, but with elevation.

[WATCH: Quenneville says Crawford was great Friday night]

“I saw when Johnny made his move; if he got it up, he had him beat. So I just tried to do the same on the other side and it worked for me,” Saad said. “I’ve gotten a couple cracks at [the shootout]. Tonight it finally went in.”

Toews gave approval of Saad’s move.

“The new move, and a pretty one at that, too,” Toews said. “The kid’s got a lot of confidence, a lot of energy. He’s just got that sense about him that if he’s called upon, he gets a chance, he wants to be a difference maker. It’s a real good quality he has as a player. He’s been a big-time player for us, and proved it again tonight.”

Crawford was also big. While he’s had hiccups in recent starts, he’s been gold against the Red Wings throughout his career. Entering tonight’s game with a 10-2-0 record lifetime against them, Crawford added to it, even if it took him time to shake off the rust.

[RELATED: Red Wings still struggling to find answer against the Blackhawks]

“There were maybe a couple of plays where I fumbled it behind the net, some other situations where I looked to the wrong side of a guy,” Crawford said. “But for the most part, I felt really good.”

Coach Joel Quenneville agreed.

“I thought he was great,” he said. “He was big in the net, found pucks, moved well and looked excellent in the shootout as well.”

The Blackhawks keep knocking off things on the 2013 checklist. They got into the postseason before any other NHL team did. They clinched another division title. They haven’t let up no matter what they’ve gotten this season, and Friday was another example of that.

“It’s easy to say, being in the position we’re in, that a team like Detroit would walk away with two points. But we want to keep working,” Toews said. “When you have the confidence to come back in games like that, that’s huge going into the playoffs.”

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/blackhawks-talk/hawks-clinch-central-sweep-wings

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: