RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48   Go Down

Author Topic: College Basketball Thread  (Read 116955 times)

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: College Sports Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »

Buckeyes huh? Living near St.Louis my boss has really done a good job turning me into an ILLI fan. I follow the Oregon ducks a little closer but still follow the ILLI....I dont know if the Buckeye offense will be good enough at the QB spot to carry them as far as normal this year.  Is there any word on how Pryor is doing???? Will he play? I was really hoping he would be a Duck but the travel was just too much for him.

I am glad he went there and not to Mich though.

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

Cincywarrior

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 06:45:57 PM »

Buckeyes huh? Living near St.Louis my boss has really done a good job turning me into an ILLI fan. I follow the Oregon ducks a little closer but still follow the ILLI....I dont know if the Buckeye offense will be good enough at the QB spot to carry them as far as normal this year.  Is there any word on how Pryor is doing???? Will he play? I was really hoping he would be a Duck but the travel was just too much for him.

I am glad he went there and not to Mich though.
I think will be fine at quarterback.Pryor is doing good and will get into games.Can't wait til the showdown with USC should be a good one.

CC 2

• HOF Member
  • Win or Lose make them pay the price!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
The champions of the West!

Fire that mutt Downing !

Sonic Raider

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 03:46:16 PM »

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,

We'll be seeing your BOYS in South Bend on September 13 ;D

CC 2

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 08:38:25 PM »

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,

SONIC you must be a ND fan. Thats ok my boys play high school football for a ND team up here, same logo & color's so its all good. A member of the athletics dept came up North here to talk to them last year going into the provincial(state) championship game.
As for me its all Go Blue!

Fire that mutt Downing !

Sonic Raider

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 12:31:27 PM »

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,

SONIC you must be a ND fan. Thats ok my boys play high school football for a ND team up here, same logo & color's so its all good. A member of the athletics dept came up North here to talk to them last year going into the provincial(state) championship game.
As for me its all Go Blue!

Yes Sir 100% Notre Damer here ;D

Good luck with your boys CC 2.  I have all the faith in them.

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 01:55:55 PM »

i would be shocked if both ND and Mich win a combine 10 games this year.

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

michiganraider

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 06:14:14 PM »

i would be shocked if both ND and Mich win a combine 10 games this year.

u kidding me? have u seen how many cupcakes ND has on their sched..they will definitely win 5-6 games and what u think Michigan is gonna go 4-8?!?

why all the hate on Mich from a Ducks fan? u were also pleased Pryor didnt end up here

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 07:12:45 PM »

Actually yeah. i was glad pryor ddnt end up there.I was actually hopeing for JO-PA to get him since he wasn't going to be a duck. I hate Rodriguez and how he totally abandoned WV a total BS move on his part..  Mich will be good again in a couple of years but i would be shocked if they did win more than 5 games. Just cause they dont have the players to run Rich's system.

ND still has to show me something. I dont care if they played AA ball. Clausen was GREATLY overrated and could be challenged by another freshman.

michiganraider

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 01:06:10 AM »

Actually yeah. i was glad pryor ddnt end up there.I was actually hopeing for JO-PA to get him since he wasn't going to be a duck. I hate Rodriguez and how he totally abandoned WV a total BS move on his part..  Mich will be good again in a couple of years but i would be shocked if they did win more than 5 games. Just cause they dont have the players to run Rich's system.

ND still has to show me something. I dont care if they played AA ball. Clausen was GREATLY overrated and could be challenged by another freshman.

RR might've left WV abruptly but that place isn't nearly what is now compared to before he got there, so they should be thankful

i understand u think Mich will struggle, i think they will too, but to think that it would be shocking for them to win 5 is simply ridculous. look at their sched

http://www.mgoblue.com/football/page.aspx?id=84112

Utah, Miami (OH), ND, Toledo, Purdue, NW, Minn...you're telling me you'd be shocked if they won 5 of those games?!?!?

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 10:11:36 AM »

Utah and Prudue will beat them....And Minn will give them a challenge.  I think Michigan's defense will really miss their DC..there was one thing you could count on from Mich and that was a sound Defense..now i am not so sure.

Yes i am serious about Utah and Purdue...

michiganraider

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »

Utah and Prudue will beat them....And Minn will give them a challenge.  I think Michigan's defense will really miss their DC..there was one thing you could count on from Mich and that was a sound Defense..now i am not so sure.

actually the D will be very solid this year with the vast majority of starters returning..as for your prediction we'll just wait and see

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »

I am not holding my breath for the ducks to be anything special this year. Just a bowl game would be nice this year.  They are very young especially at key spots. Defense is nice but.  Much like Mich, they have to show me first. Surprise me! is all i am saying.

CC 2

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 07:36:41 PM »

#&%$&%!!!  >:(
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:46:43 PM by CC 2 »

Fire that mutt Downing !

michiganraider

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 10:45:31 PM »

actually the D will be very solid this year with the vast majority of starters returning..as for your prediction we'll just wait and see

MR
here is my prediction for this coming season...
Donovan Warren at Corner will be a household name by season end. Trent will need to play like a Sr. I'm more concerned with our Linebackers. We got pretty whiped out with Crable and the Sr's like Graham leaving. But Michigan always has a great lineage of Linebackers. So i trust the recruiting there.
Jamison should captain the D line that guy is a beast.
O line with Schill & Ortmann should create a good base.
Our Offence will be intresting under freshman Threet. Mathews and Butler will have big years. Minor will be the man at HB but i like Carlos Browns versatility.
How good do you think Stonum is going to be? Alot of hype about this kid.

i agree with you on Warren, and Trent now as a senior should be an adequate CB2..the front 4 will be great and the LB'ers should be fine.

as for the offense, qb and the OL are what concern me..it seems like Sheridan is the starter, and the OL is very young

at RB we're fine, minor/brown are decent and McGuffie will be great if he lives up to his hype

i think Stonum will be solid, Matthews is the leader and Butler should be a solid TE..

i'm intrigued by Micheal Shaw as well, dude is scary fast
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.