RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 66   Go Down

Author Topic: NBA General Discussion  (Read 141712 times)

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 04:42:46 PM »

Pistons won the open. Thats always good. Long season.

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

Automatic

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 10:37:48 PM »

Lake Show 2-0 with solid defense performances.

Limb Reaper

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 05:29:27 PM »

So...what do you think of the trade?

I'm thinking that Dumars was really after Iverson's expiring contract moreso that AI himself. The Nuggets improved themselves by adding Billups, but IMO it was a lateral move for Detroit.

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 10:58:33 PM »

So...what do you think of the trade?

I'm thinking that Dumars was really after Iverson's expiring contract moreso that AI himself. The Nuggets improved themselves by adding Billups, but IMO it was a lateral move for Detroit.

That group of players had a great run, but they underachieved IMO. JD just might catch lightning in a bottle for 1 year. He can resign him if it works, or free up cash. What interests me is how AI and Rip operate together, if AI and Mellow couldn't.

All I can say is thank fucking god the NBA is here to help relieve my NFL pains.  ;D

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2008, 10:56:26 PM »

Well this was a surreal nite. Watched AI in a Pistons uni, and no Mr. Big Shot.

Was flipping back and forth to the Suns/Bulls. Wow, not surprising Porter has em playing half court ball.

Amazing. Hey Reap, have you become adjusted to your new style of play?

Limb Reaper

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 01:46:20 AM »

Was flipping back and forth to the Suns/Bulls. Wow, not surprising Porter has em playing half court ball.

It's comforting knowing that our coach is stressing fundamentals and defense. Under D'Antoni, if our shots weren't falling, we were pretty much fucked. A D'Antoni team would probably have lost that Indiana game.

But Porter plays the bench and the young guys know that playing tough D will get them minutes. I loved the Run 'N Stun while it lasted, but I'm glad they're back to a more traditional style. I still don't see them getting past L.A. or New Orleans, but at least this way they have a chance.

Tonight they just didn't have it though. If they can beat Milwaukee tomorrow and go 3-1 on the trip, I'll take it.

michiganraider

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 02:52:46 AM »

It's comforting knowing that our coach is stressing fundamentals and defense. Under D'Antoni, if our shots weren't falling, we were pretty much fucked. A D'Antoni team would probably have lost that Indiana game.

But Porter plays the bench and the young guys know that playing tough D will get them minutes. I loved the Run 'N Stun while it lasted, but I'm glad they're back to a more traditional style. I still don't see them getting past L.A. or New Orleans, but at least this way they have a chance.

Tonight they just didn't have it though. If they can beat Milwaukee tomorrow and go 3-1 on the trip, I'll take it.

i agree, certainly not enough to beat LA or NO..same with Utah and Houston also

speaking of tht game tonight, anyone see that Rose posterization of Barbaosa? Rose is gonna be SICK.

Oakland65

• HOF Member
  • Hail the Throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 10:53:25 PM »

I have season tix to the Blazers, and I gotta say we have been doing pretty good at home, every game has been exciting and down to the wire, then we won on the road against the Magic last night.

I know we aren't among the elite right now, but IF Oden can ever be healthy and we keep grooving, the future is looking pretty good for our young team.

Only after disaster can we be resurrected - Tyler Durden
Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 12:46:08 AM »

OK Laker fan, let's here all about how the Lakers "lost" the game as opposed to the Pistons "winning" it.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Sonic Raider

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »

OK Laker fan, let's here all about how the Lakers "lost" the game as opposed to the Pistons "winning" it.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey Tibs, great game your boys played against the Lakers.  I gotta say, they can go REAL far in the NBA Playoffs.

Sonic Raider

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 05:14:02 PM »

I gotta hand it to the Trail Blazers, they got an exciting team this year, Greg Oden mixed with Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, and others.  Did you frustrate the Bulls or what?

Oakland65

• HOF Member
  • Hail the Throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008, 09:37:13 PM »

I gotta hand it to the Trail Blazers, they got an exciting team this year, Greg Oden mixed with Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, and others.  Did you frustrate the Bulls or what?

Man, we owned the Bulls from front to end, it was never a game, beyond who you mentioned, Rudy and Rodriguez have great chemistry, Blake is playing good, Outlaw is huge off the bench, Frye with Oden's height combo is a tough pull for teams that aren't long, and once Webster gets back from being hurt we could have a good run.

A young team, nothing but good things on the horizon, a few years time and who knows....

Only after disaster can we be resurrected - Tyler Durden
Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2008, 10:01:23 PM »

Great leadership makes all the difference in the world.

Thanks Detroit for letting CB come home.,

Signiture By: 9erHater

r8derfan33

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2008, 01:54:43 AM »

LAKERS!!  CAN YOU SAY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

Limb Reaper

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2008, 12:56:51 PM »

LAKERS!!  CAN YOU SAY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

No offense...but Lakers fans can go fuck off - nothing personal.

You people have no idea what it's like to suffer for years without a title. You're the spoiled brats of the NBA.

Sour grapes?

Damn straight.

The lack of parity in the NBA is a major problem.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 66   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.