RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 66   Go Down

Author Topic: NBA General Discussion  (Read 148639 times)

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
NBA General Discussion
« on: July 21, 2008, 02:29:20 PM »

NBA General Discussion Thread
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:26:24 PM by BoNeSaW »

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 04:36:28 PM »

Portland Trailblazers will surprise this year. They will be top 5 in the West. Oden will be ROY. And Defensive player of the Year!

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

Oakland65

• HOF Member
  • Hail the Throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 04:39:19 PM »

Portland Trailblazers will surprise this year. They will be top 5 in the West. Oden will be ROY. And Defensive player of the Year!

That will make me happy since I just got tickets!

I too think that now or very soon they will be in the mix, which is why I had to jump on tickets now, they are hard to get when things are going good, the Blazers are the only pro ticket in town, which makes them a commodity when things are going good.

Only after disaster can we be resurrected - Tyler Durden
Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden

Limb Reaper

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 05:37:52 PM »

Looks like the Suns are set to sign FA SF Matt Barnes to a vet minimum deal.

I guess the Warriors didn't want him back? Odd since he was a team captain and a good role player for them.

LARaider

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 06:50:21 PM »

nice signing for the Suns, they get a defensive minded forward that has some pop in his shot

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 06:56:38 PM »

Isn't Terry Porter the new HC for the Suns?

It will be interesting to see how the suns play this year. It clearly wont be the up tempo run and gun like before

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

KnuckleHead

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 02:28:44 AM »

Go Kings!!!!!

Shadow

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 03:07:08 AM »

Hornets signed James Posey which will vault them into the West Finals maybe the whole thing
Also kills the Celtics hopes of a repeat

Limb Reaper

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 11:21:01 AM »

Isn't Terry Porter the new HC for the Suns?

It will be interesting to see how the suns play this year. It clearly wont be the up tempo run and gun like before

Yes he is and yes it will.

They won't completely scrap the up-tempo stuff but more emphasis will be placed on D, which is a good thing.

I do not think this team can win it all though.

LARaider

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 08:33:59 PM »

Hornets signed James Posey which will vault them into the West Finals maybe the whole thing
Is James Posey a good glue guy?Yes
Is James Posey going to catapault a team from the 2nd rounde to the finals?Hell No

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 08:51:57 PM »

Posey was a no body before the Finals. its  amazing to me. But then the Raiders do that kind of thing too. lol

gst8

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 10:47:21 AM »

I guess the Warriors didn't want him back? Odd since he was a team captain and a good role player for them.

Matt was a shell of the player he was for the Warriors the previous season. 

Specualtion is that the death of his mother affected his play over the course of the season but the Warriors also have a history of finding these one-year-wonder types... Barnes, Earl Boynkins, Brian Cardinal, etc.  I like Matt (and the Suns) and hope he does well for you guys.

Limb Reaper

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 10:55:31 AM »

Is James Posey a good glue guy?Yes
Is James Posey going to catapault a team from the 2nd rounde to the finals?Hell No

Possibly...they were so close already. Posey's the kind of role player they lacked against the Spurs. He's versatile enough to defend 2's, 3's or 4's and a clutch shooter. Miami would not have won in '06 without him, nor Boston last year. He's not about ego, just winning. Getting him won't guarantee NO a title by any means but their chances got a whole lot better.

Limb Reaper

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 10:57:08 AM »

Matt was a shell of the player he was for the Warriors the previous season. 

Specualtion is that the death of his mother affected his play over the course of the season but the Warriors also have a history of finding these one-year-wonder types... Barnes, Earl Boynkins, Brian Cardinal, etc.  I like Matt (and the Suns) and hope he does well for you guys.

I hope so too. I feel a lot better with him backing-up Hill.

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 11:42:14 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 66   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.