RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: RAIDERFORUM MOVIE/DVD REVIEWS  (Read 80474 times)

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: MOVIE/DVD REVIEWS
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 05:46:41 PM »

Just seen....Stop Loss

its a really good movie. has people you will recognize. Ryan Philippeee..lol.

Its a movie about soldiers that have served their terms and the military re assigns them to new duty. Ryan's character trys to fight it and finds others who have tried. it has other things in it too. I would suggest though if you have someone overseas you may not want to watch it. There is some stuff that could upset you.

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 07:59:24 PM »

while the first is not a movie just had to vent. saw thie other 3 all practically within 2 days.

sitting here and watching wipeout. i tried to give this show a chance but being a die hard Takeshi's castle fan (aka mxc) i just find this to be a pathetic ripoff that is subpar in every category (including commentary). for years i begged for an american version or something along the lines of ninja warrior. takeshi's castle was the bomb when it came to game shows but wipeout just plain sucks.

also it seems hollywood has bastardized another one of my favorite movies. anyone else notice the obnoxious onslaught of "confession" movies? Confession of a teenage girl, confessions of a go-go dancer, confessions of an american starlet. all are done in the same fashion as a first person narrative and blatenly ripped off of one of my favorite movies "Confessions of an american girl". so heres a big F you to hollywood with its bubblegum and cookie cutter remakes that just plain suck.

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »

G4 is showing the korean film "the host" on halloween. any fans of cloverfield i strongly recommend this. a great film.

gst8

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »

Just seen....Stop Loss

its a really good movie. has people you will recognize. Ryan Philippeee..lol.

Its a movie about soldiers that have served their terms and the military re assigns them to new duty. Ryan's character trys to fight it and finds others who have tried. it has other things in it too. I would suggest though if you have someone overseas you may not want to watch it. There is some stuff that could upset you.

Most people people don't pay attention to the fact that they enlist for eight years and assume their service automatically ends when they are scheduled to be discharged from active duty.  I understand the disapointment over being "stop-lossed" but it's spelled out pretty clearly for all enlistees.  I haven't seen the movie but I'm betting it trys to push the notion that stop-loss is some little known "tuck rule" type policy the military dusts off to screw the soldiers when that just isn't the case.

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2008, 06:47:39 PM »

wow heres a blast from the past. few would probable recoginize this. was cleaning out some cabinets because im moving and came across a VHS tape of "Lair of the White Worm"    :D now that brings back memories.   also found "serpent and the rainbow" another favorite of mine, and Violence Jack (japanamine) at its finest and another little known movie which failed in the finish "Boxing Helena". what a punked out ending would of been much better if they just let it be.

liar of the white worm was controversary for its time and really hookie pookie but a classic.

Raidersteviemarie

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 10:40:29 AM »

anybody gonna go see saw 5 today? I want to see it but i also want to see the cop movie too,.

The one

• HOF Member
  • "The only easy day was yesterday"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2008, 11:31:01 PM »

CHANGELING-Directed and Produced by Clint Eastwood

One of the most outstanding movies I have ever seen. Jolie was great. Sad by some accounts. He (Clint) will most likely get nominated for best picture etc. Jolie might get best actress, I imo think its that good. Go see it!
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.”   ? Sun Tzu, The Art of War

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 01:26:22 PM »

Anyone seen "Rock n Rolla" yet?

I'm a huge fan of Snatch, loved Lock Stock, so will be going this week for sure to see it.
Got pretty good reviews, about time Guy Ritchie went back to these style of movies, love'em.

I know it wont be as good as Snatch, but I'm sure it's a good flick!

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »

Spielberg is reportedly doing a remake of one of my favorite movies "old boy".  :-\  now im all for getting people to see this this great flick in one way or another but dont think Spielberg is the one to do it much justice. my advice pick up and see the original Korean film before it gets its american bastardization and ruined. gritty. also check out "the host" an s. korean film and "irreverisible" a french film ( the unoffical sequel to "i stand alone).

dean290000

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 04:01:16 AM »

CHANGELING-Directed and Produced by Clint Eastwood

One of the most outstanding movies I have ever seen. Jolie was great. Sad by some accounts. He (Clint) will most likely get nominated for best picture etc. Jolie might get best actress, I imo think its that good. Go see it!

How does Jolie look in it? She looked like a skeleton wiht a little flesh last time I saw her in a movie.

Dean

The one

• HOF Member
  • "The only easy day was yesterday"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 11:30:33 AM »

She does, but the movie was set back in the 20's, so they wanted to use the makeup, clothing and hair style that resembled women of that era. She looks like she did loose a little weight, maybe for another role? But she is excellent, even though I have never been a big fan of hers acting wise, eastwood and the role really brought out a great performance. Without giving away the movie, she played her emotional state very well and seemed very real.
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.”   ? Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Limb Reaper

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2008, 02:10:49 PM »

Spielberg is reportedly doing a remake of one of my favorite movies "old boy".  :-\  now im all for getting people to see this this great flick in one way or another but dont think Spielberg is the one to do it much justice. my advice pick up and see the original Korean film before it gets its american bastardization and ruined. gritty. also check out "the host" an s. korean film and "irreverisible" a french film ( the unoffical sequel to "i stand alone).

Very strange...'Old Boy' does not seem like something Spielberg would ever want to tackle.

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2008, 06:47:31 PM »

Very strange...'Old Boy' does not seem like something Spielberg would ever want to tackle.

thats what i was thinking. will smith is in talks to play the lead so you can beat the ultra violence will be turned down to zero to be made hollywood and theater friendly and draw the big crowds.

CC 2

• HOF Member
  • Win or Lose make them pay the price!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2008, 03:35:57 AM »

Just saw Role Models... funny funny movie. If you liked Super Bad, Anchorman, or 40 year old virgin than this movie will give you some good laughs.

Fire that mutt Downing !

gossamer138

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2008, 11:19:57 AM »

thats what i was thinking. will smith is in talks to play the lead so you can beat the ultra violence will be turned down to zero to be made hollywood and theater friendly and draw the big crowds.

smith will be working not only on "old boy" but a  sequel to "i am legend"...REally come on now. and a sequel to "Hancock".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.