RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Carr a top 3 deep ball accuracy QB?  (Read 217 times)

USMC2141

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
"We would rather be feared than respected." - Al Davis

USMC2141

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carr a top 3 deep ball accuracy QB?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 05:14:34 PM »

#Raiders QB Derek Carr throws a very accurate deep ball, and 2019 could bring more opportunities for success in the deep passing game 🔽

profootballfocus.com/news/pro-with-…
"We would rather be feared than respected." - Al Davis

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 10:30:56 PM »

He's def on a dime at distance, just never had the legit deep threat (except a bit when Crabs was around and Coop was doing more than dropping every damn pass...)
I guess I should come up with a new sig now...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 10:16:33 AM »

Lol mostly because hes captain dump the ball off so he doesn't or didn't last year make alot ofndeep throws.  Understandably.  Just adding context to stats
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

CB

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 02:30:57 PM »

Lol mostly because hes captain dump the ball off so he doesn't or didn't last year make alot ofndeep throws.  Understandably.  Just adding context to stats

And the reason he dumps the ball off so much? Because he rarely had time to look deep. He was a good deep ball passer in 2016 when the O-line kept him clean (until that fateful Christmas Eve against the Colts).

Give him time and weapons that can get deep and he'll do well in Gruden's offense.
Raider fan in lamb land

I am not responsible for anyone that understands what VA says.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 07:03:33 PM »

And the reason he dumps the ball off so much? Because he rarely had time to look deep. He was a good deep ball passer in 2016 when the O-line kept him clean (until that fateful Christmas Eve against the Colts).

Give him time and weapons that can get deep and he'll do well in Gruden's offense.
anybody can be a good deep baller with talented wide outs and superior pass protection.  And we've seen how his deep.game goes without.  Pretty much like any other qb.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 07:03:58 PM »

He is entirely replaceable.....

CB

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 10:58:37 PM »

Careful what you wish for. We just spent a decade and a half trying to find a decent replacement for Gannon. And before that, 2 decades trying to replace Stabler.

Raider fan in lamb land

emaytiti

• Veteran Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 06:00:11 AM »

He is entirely replaceable........

Spoken like a man. That never got to witness Marc Wilson play

Darth Raider

• Pro Member
  • I dont trust sane people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 10:12:43 AM »

Dumbest thing I ever heard, I dont mean that in an offensive way I just know that when the rest of the team did their job, he was a HOF QB .

Only 2 Qb's have done what he did so far.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:12:27 PM by Darth Raider »
If me and King Kong went into an alley, only one of us would come out and it wouldn't be the monkey.

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »

Careful what you wish for. We just spent a decade and a half trying to find a decent replacement for Gannon. And before that, 2 decades trying to replace Stabler.
This

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 01:30:47 PM »

I've been a raiders fan for as long as I can remember and I'm 44.  The fact of the matter is carr isn't that good.   In a perfect situation hes damn good.  But you can say that of any qb.  But how often is that going to be?  Couple that with the fact that hes made of glass ..sorry bro I dont see longevity there...people keep talking about the lack of a deep ball... he got a hand....his throwing hand...hes also had a back...these all factor I to the fact that hes not built to last.  And to think that those injuries dont factor into his game today is just naive.  Hes ways had a penchant to throw murder balls..  but  now he throws them inaccuratly... I have a carr jersey... he was my guy.  But dude.  Sorry I'm. Or the guy who got you broken.  Take that bullshit up with your offensive line.  Me I'm likenits time to move on.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 10:12:16 AM »

I've been a raiders fan for as long as I can remember and I'm 44.  The fact of the matter is carr isn't that good.   In a perfect situation hes damn good.  But you can say that of any qb.  But how often is that going to be?  Couple that with the fact that hes made of glass ..sorry bro I dont see longevity there...people keep talking about the lack of a deep ball... he got a hand....his throwing hand...hes also had a back...these all factor I to the fact that hes not built to last.  And to think that those injuries dont factor into his game today is just naive.  Hes ways had a penchant to throw murder balls..  but  now he throws them inaccuratly... I have a carr jersey... he was my guy.  But dude.  Sorry I'm. Or the guy who got you broken.  Take that bullshit up with your offensive line.  Me I'm likenits time to move on.

I get your ready to move on but I think your just wrong.  He's not "made of glass".  He broke a finger taking a snap.  That happens.   He broke his leg in a very awkward sack.  Also something that happens.   And the back thing was another fluke sack. (He just sent down weird) Last season he was sacked 51 times and I don't think he missed a game.  That's not made of glass. 

He actually played well last season with 2 rookies starting at Tackle and a rotation of backups at left guard.  You would be checking down as well.  Especially when your WR's aren't getting any separation.   

He hasn't had enough talent around him except for the 12-4 year be expected to succeed.

Our Defense was last in PPG last season.  Just swapping Joyner for Nelson will help that and we have made some decent Vet upgrades but this draft along with last years draft going into year 2 is going to push our D up to at least the middle of the pack in PPG.  This means more stops and more chances for our now talented offense. 

We do not need to start over with a Rookie QB who we have no idea if he will be better than Carr. 

You'll be wearing your Carr Jersey by week 3.

Our Oline is clearly going to be better next season. 
Our WR core went from lower middle of the pack to top 5.
I think we draft a RB and we get way better in that department.

Carr 2018 Rankings

12th in passing Yards
6th in completions   
12th in attempts   
5th in comp %     
20th in yard average  (Even if we throw short our new WR's will get more RAC.
21st in TD            (Enter AD and TW)
20th in INT's
3rd in sacks          (He won't be sacked 51 times and will have more time to throw)
18th in QB Rating     
19th in yards per game

If Carr does fall on his face this season or get a major injury then we move on.  I we have 2 1st round pics next year and there are at least 4 good prospects coming out.  This year we keep him.

CB

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 01:23:33 PM »

He may be replaceable, but it ain't going to be easy. There are QB's every year that come out and all the draftniks and fans think they're all going to lead their teams to Super Bowls. That just ain't true. Finding a QB that would be an upgrade over Carr is a very iffy proposition if you ask me.
Raider fan in lamb land

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 09:36:44 PM »

He may be replaceable, but it ain't going to be easy. There are QB's every year that come out and all the draftniks and fans think they're all going to lead their teams to Super Bowls. That just ain't true. Finding a QB that would be an upgrade over Carr is a very iffy proposition if you ask me.
Otis don't like Carr.

He just seems to forget that he is the best we've had since Gannon and wants to pull the plug on him already.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.