RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible Charles Woodson is out next DB coach??  (Read 279 times)

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
Is it possible Charles Woodson is out next DB coach??
« on: February 08, 2019, 08:31:09 PM »

Current Raiders DB coach Derrick Ansley takes job as co-Defensive Coordinator at Tennessee

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2019/2/8/18217467/raiders-db-coach-derrick-ansley-takes-job-as-co-defensive-coordinator-at-tennessee

...Which opens the door for...

Could it be the Raiders have our new DB coach... Charles Woodson just left ESPN for something "new".

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2019/2/8/18217489/raiders-have-opening-at-db-coach-charles-woodson-just-left-espn-could-it-be

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible Charles Woodson is out next DB coach??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »

I'm never a fan of supremely talented players becoming coaches.  It can be difficult for someone who's natural talent made mundane portions of playing easy.  I think if you didn't have to grind and struggle you cant truly tell someone how to improve.  Just my two cents
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 08:24:02 PM »

I'm never a fan of supremely talented players becoming coaches.  It can be difficult for someone who's natural talent made mundane portions of playing easy.  I think if you didn't have to grind and struggle you cant truly tell someone how to improve.  Just my two cents

So you don't think these guys grinded and struggled to get to where they were?  Wow...

NFL Football players aren't just born brother... They are made... by good coaches... good parenting and by themselves, by working hard and focusing on their goals and busting their asses to achieve it...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 11:50:08 PM »

So you don't think these guys grinded and struggled to get to where they were?  Wow...

NFL Football players aren't just born brother... They are made... by good coaches... good parenting and by themselves, by working hard and focusing on their goals and busting their asses to achieve it...
I did t say they dong grind but for some whi are supremely talented it can be hard to understand why.  And it's the why that matters most.  Why they cant do things the way THEY did things and not succeed

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 09:10:55 AM »

I did t say they dong grind but for some whi are supremely talented it can be hard to understand why.  And it's the why that matters most.  Why they cant do things the way THEY did things and not succeed

To be "supremely talented" you must work to achieve that as well... You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't harness it, use it and perfect it, it's worthless...

az raider

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 11:22:37 AM »

Dudes a legend...I’m sure guys would love to play for him.

I think he’d do great.
if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 12:10:34 PM »

To be "supremely talented" you must work to achieve that as well... You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't harness it, use it and perfect it, it's worthless...
true.  But you cant make an apples ro apples comparison.  It is harder for them.  Smits obviously it's not true of every person.  But it is true none the less. 

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 08:40:17 PM »

true.  But you cant make an apples ro apples comparison.  It is harder for them.  Smits obviously it's not true of every person.  But it is true none the less.

One thing we know for sure... CWood's knowledge of this game is HOF worthy...

Our DBs could benefit solely by him just being in the building...

JackTatum

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 11:08:16 AM »

Bring him aboard but as an assistant, make him earn his chops. This list of great players getting coaching (or manager) gigs because of their playing resume, and then not succeeding is long and distinguished. Football, Baseball, Soccer.

The Prole

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 11:20:52 AM »

I know what you mean. I think SOME of the best players have an X-Factor that can't always be taught. No doubt they've also benefitted from great coaching, but if they do have that X-Factor it doesn't always translate to the sidelines. If certain things seem obvious or easy to them they can't always get that across to other players. Doesn't mean C'Wood can't coach, it just means that just because he was a great player doesn't automatically turn him into a great coach.

In all sports there are a long list of successful coaches who never played at a high level, and a long list of former legends who failed as coaches.

I'd hate to see C'Wood's legacy get tainted.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 11:21:39 AM »

Bring him aboard but as an assistant, make him earn his chops. This list of great players getting coaching (or manager) gigs because of their playing resume, and then not succeeding is long and distinguished. Football, Baseball, Soccer.
dude hes still in great shape put his ass back in the field

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 09:42:02 PM »

Woodson was ALREADY a coach on the field and off his last stint with us... Did anyone ever pay attention to what all the DBs used to say about him?  Lol...  That was one of the MAIN things they spoke about, his knowledge and ability to teach them the ins and outs of the game...

And who are WE to judge if this man can coach or not, lol...

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 08:48:38 AM »

I think Woodsen would be a perfect fit.... he's a Raider, he's a HOF'er, he has always been known for his work ethic, and I think the young guys would respond to him.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 03:01:56 PM »

I think Woodsen would be a perfect fit.... he's a Raider, he's a HOF'er, he has always been known for his work ethic, and I think the young guys would respond to him.

Agreed...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2019, 05:57:13 PM »

Woodson was ALREADY a coach on the field and off his last stint with us... Did anyone ever pay attention to what all the DBs used to say about him?  Lol...  That was one of the MAIN things they spoke about, his knowledge and ability to teach them the ins and outs of the game...

And who are WE to judge if this man can coach or not, lol...
I can actually finally agree with something you said in that first paragraph.  Lol that second one.  Shit judging people is what we do in Jersey. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.