RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Penn "losing Mack took toll on team"  (Read 508 times)

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
Re: Penn "losing Mack took toll on team"
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 02:54:07 PM »

I'd rather cut the Cable-guy before any of our players on the line. I think all of them, Penn and Miller included, can perform at a high level under the right direction.
Penn is old, Injury prone and has us over paid.  Three very bad things to be during a rebuild if you want to retain your current job.  Either take a drastic pay cut or kick rocks.  Plus I'm still not over carrs back

Some of the best Tackles in NFL history were "old"...

I wouldn't calla guy who hadn't missed a single game due to injury for 10 seasons "injury prone"...

And currently, he counts as 3% towards our cap... and is the 20th highest paid Tackle in the league...

And Carr's injuries were FLUKE... could happen with even the BEST tackle in the league... With his leg, that was the first sack Penn gave up that entire season (at like week 16 or 17)....  And even Carr admits himself, that he should have went down, instead of trying to break out...

I also believe the back injury was the first sack given up that year as well... Shit happens... Maybe its the QB who's "injury prone"...

You say take a drastic pay cut, as if we don't have to pay someone ELSE, at the most EXPENSIVE position on the OL...  Dude is 20th in salary... That's a bargain...

Penn should be the LEAST of our worries at Tackle, for at LEAST this year and next... He can still play... IF they move him back to where he belongs... LT... That was the dumbest move ever, IMO...  Another example of Gruden outsmarting himself...  (If it ain't broke don't fix it)
yes.  But do.you want to be standing there holding the hot potatoes when he goes on IR for the rest of the year again and the decides to retire?  No thanks let someone else eat that dead cap.  No thanks were rebuilding man.....Donald Penn more than any other Offensive lineman just makes sense.  Find someone younger and cheaper
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 02:57:20 PM »

I'd rather cut the Cable-guy before any of our players on the line. I think all of them, Penn and Miller included, can perform at a high level under the right direction.
Penn is old, Injury prone and has us over paid.  Three very bad things to be during a rebuild if you want to retain your current job.  Either take a drastic pay cut or kick rocks.  Plus I'm still not over carrs back

I wouldn't calla guy who hadn't missed a single game due to injury for 10 seasons "injury prone"...

And currently, he counts as 3% towards our cap... and is the 20th highest paid Tackle in the league...

And Carr's injuries were FLUKE... could happen with even the BEST tackle in the league... With his leg, that was the first sack Penn gave up that entire season (at like week 16 or 17)....  And even Carr admits himself, that he should have went down, instead of trying to break out...

I also believe the back injury was the first sack given up that year as well... Shit happens... Maybe its the QB who's "injury prone"...

You say take a drastic pay cut, as if we don't have to pay someone ELSE, at the most EXPENSIVE position on the OL...  Dude is 20th in salary... That's a bargain...

Penn should be the LEAST of our worries at Tackle, for at LEAST this year and next... He can still play... IF they move him back to where he belongs... LT... That was the dumbest move ever, IMO...  Another example of Gruden outsmarting himself...  (If it ain't broke don't fix it)
yes.  But do.you want to be standing there holding the hot potatoes when he goes on IR for the rest of the year again and the decides to retire?  No thanks let someone else eat that dead cap.  No thanks were rebuilding man.....Donald Penn more than any other Offensive lineman just makes sense.  Find someone younger and cheaper

Another team can't "eat" another team's dead cap... It's dead meaning it belongs to whatever team cut/traded the player...

We found someone younger/cheaper last season... he ended up being the worst Tackle in the league...

Do you want to hold the potatoes if he plays out the whole season?  Works both ways brother...

It would be STUPID to get rid of Penn, at his salary... with the current Tackles we have...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 03:02:53 PM »

Another team can't "eat" another team's dead cap... It's dead meaning it belongs to whatever team cut/traded the player...

We found someone younger/cheaper last season... he ended up being the worst Tackle in the league...

Do you want to hold the potatoes if he plays out the whole season?  Works both ways brother...

It would be STUPID to get rid of Penn, at his salary... with the current Tackles we have...
hahahaha your making one incorrect assumption.  I'm not looking to win again next year.  That's why I dont care who's under center.  That's why I dont care who's protecting.  Fuck the vets on this team.  They quit on themselves.  They can all go except a select few and all the up and comers.  Let the Vegas team not be tainted by that bullshit we saw.  By the team that imploded itself.  Let Vegas get a fresh start

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 04:17:01 PM »

hahahaha your making one incorrect assumption.  I'm not looking to win again next year.  That's why I dont care who's under center.  That's why I dont care who's protecting.  Fuck the vets on this team.  They quit on themselves.  They can all go except a select few and all the up and comers.  Let the Vegas team not be tainted by that bullshit we saw.  By the team that imploded itself.  Let Vegas get a fresh start

I'm always looking to win... sorry...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 02:19:04 PM »

I wanna win too.  But I don't just want one year then nothing.  This team had its chance. They couldn't maintain it. 

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2019, 04:59:35 PM »

I wanna win too.  But I don't just want one year then nothing.  This team had its chance. They couldn't maintain it.

Coaching sucked just as much, if not more... for 2 years straight, IMO...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 09:51:26 AM »

Coaching sucked just as much, if not more... for 2 years straight, IMO...
agreed shit.  But the d.coaching staff is gone. We have what we have and if they were gonna get rid of the cable mlm guy he'd be gone already.  So we gotta make bbn what we.have work.  Sooo. Yeah meh. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 23 queries.