RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Penn "losing Mack took toll on team"  (Read 496 times)

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
  • Commitment to Excellence

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
Re: Penn "losing Mack took toll on team"
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 10:37:45 AM »

I'm sure it did.  Just like both times you got our qb broken.  So stfu.  I cannot wait for you to no longer be a raider.
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 12:31:11 PM »

I'm sure it did.  Just like both times you got our qb broken.  So stfu.  I cannot wait for you to no longer be a raider.

Yikes!

Penn has been the best T we've had here since fucking Kennedy... Even right now at 35 years old, coming off injury... Donald Penn is the best LT (or tackle period) on the team, and arguably the entire AFC West (Fisher from KC being the other)... 

2017, sacks with Penn playing 14 games in = 20
2018, without Penn at LT and/or injured = 51

Yea, let's cut this guy... (and continue to complain about pass protection, lol)... Makes sense...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:34:00 PM by varaider »

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 04:17:10 PM »

The timing of it would have taken a toll on any team. Same with the Cooper trade.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 08:51:28 PM »

Yikes!

Penn has been the best T we've had here since fucking Kennedy... Even right now at 35 years old, coming off injury... Donald Penn is the best LT (or tackle period) on the team, and arguably the entire AFC West (Fisher from KC being the other)... 

Yea, let's cut this guy... (and continue to complain about pass protection, lol)... Makes sense...
I'm good with cutting every offensive lineman other than our center honestly.  To much money invested in 4 underperforming guys

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 06:09:14 AM »

Yikes!

I'm good with cutting every offensive lineman other than our center honestly.  To much money invested in 4 underperforming guys

What are you talking about bro?  Lol.  The most underperforming guys were the 2 rookie Tackles...  Hell, even Feliciano played good, literally, when he filled in, before being put on IR (after finishing a game with a torn calf muscle I believe)...

Jackson actually played the whole season with a torn pectoral muscle, that happened in the Week 1 Rams game... He played the last few games of his season with a fractured elbow...

KO had his share of injuries as well, and played good this season, just not outstanding...

Between KO (4), Hudson (1), Jackson (3) and Penn (3)... they gave up 11 of the 51 (FIFTY-ONE) sacks given up this season...

Seems to me like you're placing the blame on the wrong people... Hiring the worst OL coach in the league didn't help either....

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 08:37:49 AM »

Yikes!

Gabe Jackson has become one of the better guards in football

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 09:08:15 AM »

Yikes!

What are you talking about bro?  Lol.  The most underperforming guys were the 2 rookie Tackles...  Hell, even Feliciano played good, literally, when he filled in, before being put on IR (after finishing a game with a torn calf muscle I believe)...

Jackson actually played the whole season with a torn pectoral muscle, that happened in the Week 1 Rams game... He played the last few games of his season with a fractured elbow...

KO had his share of injuries as well, and played good this season, just not outstanding...

Between KO (4), Hudson (1), Jackson (3) and Penn (3)... they gave up 11 of the 51 (FIFTY-ONE) sacks given up this season...

Seems to me like you're placing the blame on the wrong people... Hiring the worst OL coach in the league didn't help either....
let's start with the sentence.  The most underperforming.  Which implies they aren't the only ones.  Yes?  And dont hit me with that bullshit...our offensive line coach thing.  I was the first one screaming about him.  Day one.. on the date he got hired.  Yes he sucks nuts.  Obviously the cable guy needs to go.  Throw numbers around all u like.  But the fact of the matter is our qb got sacked like 50 some odd times.  Unacceptable.  Heads should roll.  And were rebuilding so fuck it.  Next man up

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 05:33:57 PM »

Yikes!

let's start with the sentence.  The most underperforming.  Which implies they aren't the only ones.  Yes?  And dont hit me with that bullshit...our offensive line coach thing.  I was the first one screaming about him.  Day one.. on the date he got hired.  Yes he sucks nuts.  Obviously the cable guy needs to go.  Throw numbers around all u like.  But the fact of the matter is our qb got sacked like 50 some odd times.  Unacceptable.  Heads should roll.  And were rebuilding so fuck it.  Next man up

You do understand that outside of the "big money" lineman... the "other" guys gave up almost 40 of those sacks, right?

Which is why I was saying you're pointing the blame at the wrong guys...

Our "big money" guys are (and have been) playing up to their contracts... So why get rid of them, and start all over?

I dig that you want to clean house... but while cleaning house, it would be smart to keep the areas that are already "clean" intact?  Right?

Or do you REALLY want to start from scratch, rebuild the entire team... and be in yet another, 4-5 year process?

A good OL take YEARS to build... and we're just a Tackle away from our 2016 production, IMO...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 02:41:31 AM »

Yikes!

You do understand that outside of the "big money" lineman... the "other" guys gave up almost 40 of those sacks, right?

Which is why I was saying you're pointing the blame at the wrong guys...

Our "big money" guys are (and have been) playing up to their contracts... So why get rid of them, and start all over?

I dig that you want to clean house... but while cleaning house, it would be smart to keep the areas that are already "clean" intact?  Right?

Or do you REALLY want to start from scratch, rebuild the entire team... and be in yet another, 4-5 year process?

A good OL take YEARS to build... and we're just a Tackle away from our 2016 production, IMO...
by the time were relevant again those contract will be up anyhow.  Why pay premium price. When were gonna be sucking anyway?

The Prole

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 08:26:03 AM »

I'd rather cut the Cable-guy before any of our players on the line. I think all of them, Penn and Miller included, can perform at a high level under the right direction.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 04:26:54 PM »

I'd rather cut the Cable-guy before any of our players on the line. I think all of them, Penn and Miller included, can perform at a high level under the right direction.
Penn is old, Injury prone and has us over paid.  Three very bad things to be during a rebuild if you want to retain your current job.  Either take a drastic pay cut or kick rocks.  Plus I'm still not over carrs back

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 05:50:43 PM »

Penn is old, Injury prone and has us over paid.  Three very bad things to be during a rebuild if you want to retain your current job.  Either take a drastic pay cut or kick rocks.  Plus I'm still not over carrs back
I will say this.... Miller did a hell of a job protecting Carr's blind side for the first couple before he got injured going against some of the best pass rushers... Penn isn't a necessity anymore, but a must for depth and leadership. It would be foolish to shit can him.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 06:26:08 PM »

This...

Moreso Penn than Miller.... But I do think Miller makes a big stride from year 1 to year 2...

But I still prefer Penn at LT...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 06:36:51 PM »

Some of the best Tackles in NFL history were "old"...

I wouldn't calla guy who hadn't missed a single game due to injury for 10 seasons "injury prone"...

And currently, he counts as 3% towards our cap... and is the 20th highest paid Tackle in the league...

And Carr's injuries were FLUKE... could happen with even the BEST tackle in the league... With his leg, that was the first sack Penn gave up that entire season (at like week 16 or 17)....  And even Carr admits himself, that he should have went down, instead of trying to break out...

I also believe the back injury was the first sack given up that year as well... Shit happens... Maybe its the QB who's "injury prone"...

You say take a drastic pay cut, as if we don't have to pay someone ELSE, at the most EXPENSIVE position on the OL...  Dude is 20th in salary... That's a bargain...

Penn should be the LEAST of our worries at Tackle, for at LEAST this year and next... He can still play... IF they move him back to where he belongs... LT... That was the dumbest move ever, IMO...  Another example of Gruden outsmarting himself...  (If it ain't broke don't fix it)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 06:40:03 PM by varaider »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 22 queries.