RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grading Raiders 2017 draft class after second season  (Read 303 times)

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Re: Grading Raiders 2017 draft class after second season
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2019, 06:54:46 PM »

Always find a way to hate on the man, never fails here...

I said during his last couple years here that he was just starting to come into his own... I'm just glad to see him still balling... I guess most forgot how the man is even lucky to even be alive, this game almost cost him his life... and he still has the heart (LITERALLY) to play it...  So I'll ALWAYS be a fan...

And to see him thriving is a good thing... Mind you, he's on the same team as arguably the best CB in the league, and graded higher than him... And the AFC South is LOADED with CB talent... I believe Kareem Jackson is the best CB on the market right now, Grade-wise and opinion...

(FYI, he graded higher than every CB on our team not named Conley... Ouch, I bet that stings for the haters)
Hayden didn't turn out to be bad.  But honestly he never lived up to his draft status.  And guys like that get cut by the teams that draft them for the most part.  I'm glad he was able to stick somewhere.  Good for him.  The raiders ran out of patience

That's something I have always disagreed with...

IMO, the player is the player...  not the draft pick... So he shouldn't be judged by his pick number, the GM should, because it was the GM (RM) who made him be that certain pick...

Case in point, the perceived top CB of that draft Dee Milliner (9th overall)... is no longer in the league... Or Xavier Rhodes (25th overall), the actual best CB of that draft... still in the league...

So "living up to the draft pick" falls on the GM.... Being a good football player is on the player... JMO...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
Re: Grading Raiders 2017 draft class after second season
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2019, 06:06:43 PM »

Always find a way to hate on the man, never fails here...

I said during his last couple years here that he was just starting to come into his own... I'm just glad to see him still balling... I guess most forgot how the man is even lucky to even be alive, this game almost cost him his life... and he still has the heart (LITERALLY) to play it...  So I'll ALWAYS be a fan...

And to see him thriving is a good thing... Mind you, he's on the same team as arguably the best CB in the league, and graded higher than him... And the AFC South is LOADED with CB talent... I believe Kareem Jackson is the best CB on the market right now, Grade-wise and opinion...

(FYI, he graded higher than every CB on our team not named Conley... Ouch, I bet that stings for the haters)
Hayden didn't turn out to be bad.  But honestly he never lived up to his draft status.  And guys like that get cut by the teams that draft them for the most part.  I'm glad he was able to stick somewhere.  Good for him.  The raiders ran out of patience

That's something I have always disagreed with...

IMO, the player is the player...  not the draft pick... So he shouldn't be judged by his pick number, the GM should, because it was the GM (RM) who made him be that certain pick...

Case in point, the perceived top CB of that draft Dee Milliner (9th overall)... is no longer in the league... Or Xavier Rhodes (25th overall), the actual best CB of that draft... still in the league...

So "living up to the draft pick" falls on the GM.... Being a good football player is on the player... JMO...
I totally dont think it's fair to hmm player but money is money.  And when the production doesnt meet the money.  How as the owner can u justify keeping them.  Top 10 picks are supposed to be impact players.  And as a dp if hes drafted top.ten then come contract time hes going to go bn for lockdown money.  And ifnthe production doesnt meet what their ask in ng for it makes sense
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.