RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raiders Reportedly Won't Play in Giants' Oracle Park After SF Mayor's Comments  (Read 136 times)

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile

The Raiders are still homeless.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Tuesday that the San Francisco 49ers are not planning to waive their territorial rights for the 2019 season so the Raiders can play at the San Francisco Giants' Oracle Park.

The Raiders were closing in on a deal to play at the baseball stadium but have run into interference, most notably from San Francisco Mayor London Breed.

"As far as I'm concerned, the Oakland Raiders should play in Oakland," Breed told KTVU (h/t Sean Wagner-McGough of CBS Sports. "In San Francisco, we have a number of challenges that we need to address with the Warriors coming to the new Chase Arena, the housing—1,400 units—that's going to break ground in that area, our transportation system, our ferry landing.

"We have a number of things for years that we've been working to prepare for, and we don't need another layer to add to what we already have in terms of an area that's really congested, filled with construction, and will host a number of concerts and games for both basketball and baseball over the coming months."

The Raiders are now expected to play either in Oakland or at the 49ers' Levi Stadium in 2019 before moving to Las Vegas permanently in 2020.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819526-raiders-reportedly-wont-play-in-giants-oracle-park-after-sf-mayors-comments

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile

The Raiders are still homeless.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Tuesday that the San Francisco 49ers are not planning to waive their territorial rights for the 2019 season so the Raiders can play at the San Francisco Giants' Oracle Park.

The Raiders were closing in on a deal to play at the baseball stadium but have run into interference, most notably from San Francisco Mayor London Breed.

"As far as I'm concerned, the Oakland Raiders should play in Oakland," Breed told KTVU (h/t Sean Wagner-McGough of CBS Sports. "In San Francisco, we have a number of challenges that we need to address with the Warriors coming to the new Chase Arena, the housing—1,400 units—that's going to break ground in that area, our transportation system, our ferry landing.

"We have a number of things for years that we've been working to prepare for, and we don't need another layer to add to what we already have in terms of an area that's really congested, filled with construction, and will host a number of concerts and games for both basketball and baseball over the coming months."

The Raiders are now expected to play either in Oakland or at the 49ers' Levi Stadium in 2019 before moving to Las Vegas permanently in 2020.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819526-raiders-reportedly-wont-play-in-giants-oracle-park-after-sf-mayors-comments

London Breed is trying to stick it to the Raiders for her fellow ideologist and mayor Libby Schaaf. 

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

Fuck it call up San Diego or go play at Sam Boyd Stadium.  It can seat 40,000 in Vegas. 

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile

Fuck it call up San Diego or go play at Sam Boyd Stadium.  It can seat 40,000 in Vegas.

I believe I heard Sam Boyd is not big enough for NFL requirements, though I could be wrong.  That said, I don't know why the NFL can't waive the minimum seating requirement for one year to see this thing through.

USMC2141

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile

What’s the issue with playing at the old Qualcomm stadium?  Seems like a common sense answer to me.  They get rent for what, 9 games?  (7 season 2 preseason). Everyone wins.

Get on the horn, Mark.
"We would rather be feared than respected." - Al Davis

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

I believe I heard Sam Boyd is not big enough for NFL requirements, though I could be wrong.  That said, I don't know why the NFL can't waive the minimum seating requirement for one year to see this thing through.

I'm not sure but it looks like the Changers are playing in a stadium that seats 27000. 

Dignity Health Sports Park

Dignity Health Sports Park, formerly the Home Depot Center and StubHub Center, is a multiple-use sports complex located on the campus of California State University, Dominguez Hills in Carson, California ... Wikipedia
Address: 18400 S Avalon Blvd, Carson, CA 90746
Capacity: 27,000
Did you know: The St

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

They said Sam Boyd would have to undergo Millons of Dollars of renovations to host an NFL game...

That money could go to their new stadium (part of the deal to get our Stadium)...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.