RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: To the Lurkers or Old school Members who don't post much  (Read 763 times)

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Re: To the Lurkers or Old school Members who don't post much
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 09:25:53 PM »

ME... of course... Duh!!!!

I'm the "Anti-Forum"...  ;D ;D ;D

Well, you're not wrong...

Sad but true. It's to bad too. I truly believe that VA is good at starting conversations. And very good at keeping conversations going. I believe he has good football knowledge. Problem is that the post is also, way too often, accompanied by belittling comments, insults, and name-calling when someone has a differing opinions. This actually has kept me from posting more. The thought "I should post this, but then it's going to get VA started again" has kept me from posting things before. And on the rare occurrence it actually gets me to post, it is unfortunately not about the Raiders or football, it's about VA being an ass. Which is clearly counterproductive to what we want to do here. 

Definitely a double edged sword.

I think we really need to advertise more to get new members. Then, we have to be accepting of folks who may have different opinions and views. We have to be more welcoming.

I Love what TIBS has been doing. More fun threads with different kinds of games. Betting threads. Fantasy threads. Birthdays threads were always created, and they used to be replied to by most everyone when they came up. Things like that keep folks engaged. It makes people feel like they are part of something. That their input is valued. We have to encourage new members to post. We do that by replying to their posts. And when doing so, being accepting even if you don't agree.

One thing is for sure. Our hard core group has been dwindling down for years. And it's not going to be sustainable for much longer unless we change something.

Dude, STFU... Get me started???  I challenge you, and ANYONE else, to go look at YOUR last posts... and see how you completely contradict yourself... 90% of everything you post is directed at me, or some antagonistic BS, but you cry HERE and say I "keep you from posting"... GTFOH!    MF, seems like I'm the ONLY REASON you DO post!  LMMFAO!!!

Here's an example of your most recent "contribution"...

I'm pretty sure VA just Yadda Yadda'd sex.

I'm also pretty sure the sex was with himself. The self love is clearly evident.

It started with touching. See... "except yours truly"

It got really exciting with the... "Yadda Yadda Yadda".

And he ended with.... "Gruden (or whoever you want to blame)".

And you wonder why my comments come off as rude... This is the same shit I get from you, Ghost and a few others, ALL THE TIME... 805 even tries this shit, but when you get rude with HIM, he threatens to ban you... LOL!

So don't bitch and moan about insults and belittling, if this (quoted above) is the only type of shit you can contribute...

You're just mad because its only YOU... and GHOST... who get shit on by me... and occasionally Nut, but my issues with him are totally different and Raider 8, because he just acts like a bitch... and recently Prole has teamed up with the VA hate crew... That shit don't bother me... I got replies for DAYS... So keep bringing it...    o;)

Other than these 4, I get along with everyone else here... Me and CB used to battle it out religiously, but the DIFFERENCE is... CB always keeps it about FOOTBALL and/or RAIDERS... while the VA Hate Crew, tend to only focus on ME... (go figure)...

You guys (VA Hate Crew) are just mad because I routinely call you out on your SHIT, and hold you accountable to YOUR words... because you are my biggest "critics" so you damn right, I'm gonna go at you... DUH!

SO... do the math... 5 people, out of 88... 

(P.S. Just look at this thread as proof... Look who quoted me... The VA Hate Crew is real, lol!)

I think you just answered The original question. Guys (and gals) don't come here for a 200 word dissertation on your opinion. Whether you back it up with facts or not, every post becomes a knock down drag out fight in the form of a novel.

People come here for a lot of reasons. To talk football. To rant. But I think you're the only one who comes here looking for an argument. If I want an argument, I can start one with my wife. At least then the make up sex makes it worthwhile.

If we want new members (and for old members to remain engaged), then every thread can't be a bloodbath. Say your piece, keep it brief and realize that others will have different opinions and that you don't need to hit them over the head with half a page of 'facts' to get them to see the light.

As I said earlier... keep it football and there wont be any bloodbaths... *shrugs*

Earl

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 09:41:01 PM »

:lol:

Way. Too. Easy.

-^

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 10:00:30 PM »

I've been around since the days of DH running the joint (I joined circa 2005 if I had to guess), but I was a kid then.  Now I have 3 kids of my own, married, life goes on, etc.  This forum has been a shifting constant for me, like the Raiders have been, and members come and go.  And come back.  I don't think much can be done about increasing posting activity of the members from a forum management perspective - activity is really up to the individuals.

This...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

The Prole

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 03:55:11 PM »

I've been around since the days of DH running the joint (I joined circa 2005 if I had to guess), but I was a kid then.  Now I have 3 kids of my own, married, life goes on, etc.  This forum has been a shifting constant for me, like the Raiders have been, and members come and go.  And come back.  I don't think much can be done about increasing posting activity of the members from a forum management perspective - activity is really up to the individuals.

Good post. I joined this board back in 2005 too. I know this because I met my wife about a month later.  It’s like you say, a lot of things change. I now have two kids, changed jobs twice. Life can be pretty hectic just with work and family. Right now I’m trying to sell two houses and buy another one. This place is my Raider home, and sometimes I’m quite active, like when I was sitting around after I injured my Achilles last year, but at other times, like right now, I don’t have a lot of time to participate. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 04:37:48 PM »

Good post. I joined this board back in 2005 too. I know this because I met my wife about a month later.  It’s like you say, a lot of things change. I now have two kids, changed jobs twice. Life can be pretty hectic just with work and family. Right now I’m trying to sell two houses and buy another one. This place is my Raider home, and sometimes I’m quite active, like when I was sitting around after I injured my Achilles last year, but at other times, like right now, I don’t have a lot of time to participate. Sometimes life just gets in the way.
There is a difference though.. When you do log in you actually participate. I see members logging in and not doing a damn thing but lurking.  That's what i want to change here.. IMO lurking makes no sense to me. If you are going to take
the time to log in here, why not participate???

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 11:13:42 AM »

There is a difference though.. When you do log in you actually participate. I see members logging in and not doing a damn thing but lurking.  That's what i want to change here.. IMO lurking makes no sense to me. If you are going to take
I get.  I talk alot less now.  It's hard because everyone wants to argue over every little opinion.  It's just easier not to give it rather than get caught up in a six day argument.
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2019, 02:51:06 PM »

I get.  I talk alot less now.  It's hard because everyone wants to argue over every little opinion.  It's just easier not to give it rather than get caught up in a six day argument.
This is a good point.  We all share a love of the Raiders and a fierce passion.  Participation in an open forum like this (or any) will inevitably polarize the population.  It is a lot like political discussion (particularly with our current commander in chief in this digital age...) in that most productive debate devolves into hate-filled venom.  That is how I feel a lot in the cybersphere and I notice this polarization and negativity can happen even here among good Raider brothers and sisters.  Makes it difficult to invest at times...
I guess I should come up with a new sig now...

WozeRaider

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2019, 03:39:41 PM »

Long time member and used to post a lot. Like many, time has changed lots of things we do or don't do anymore. I remember watching the games and posting with DH and the rest of the group but somewhere along the line it kinda changed (meaning the vibe). I will always be a die hard Raider fan and a fan of this site but if I only check in every now and again I'm not lurking I'm just checking in. BTW I do miss some of the old school (no offence to the newer ones.)

The one

• HOF Member
  • "The only easy day was yesterday"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2019, 10:02:05 PM »

Lots has happened to our lives and the forum during the last decade plus. I started posting here about 2005-2006ish? Back in the day we had members talking and debating football with a few disagreements of course, however, we were all passionate Raider fans. Sundays were fun due to so many people on the game day forum watching the game and posting. I was at a lot of the games in the mid 90's until a few years ago. We used to have a lot of fun here. It does seem lately that every option get dissected into pieces and then arguments ensue. We all are just "fans" with opinions. We know nothing of the inner operations of an actual NFL organization. I think we can agree to disagree without having 6 page essays on "I'm right, you'r wrong". I post when I see something I would like to chime in on, other than that, between work, family and training, not as much as I used to. Perhaps a winning team will evoke more positive posts and we can get back to having fun as fans. Thats my 2cents (before taxes). :den :kc :sd :cheers
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.”   ? Sun Tzu, The Art of War

jossjeff

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2019, 10:54:21 PM »

Back in the day I used a laptop. Now I use my phone or tablet and it's more annoying to type out my thoughts. Plus ingame was fun and now it's just not as much. Mostly like everyone says time is a problem.

Raidersmojo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 06:01:35 PM »

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

SilverBlackFan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 09:32:40 PM »

Been a long time watching the conversation and just recently started posting. This forum used to be a great place to get news and to hear educated fans talk about a team we all love. Unfortunately it’s turned into more arguing between long time members and less and debating the teams performance. Part of the reason I started posting was to try be positive and steer this place away from personal fights and hoping that others would also join. This place is special and it will be great again. We just need the team to pull out of its decade long slump and new members will start coming here.

USMC2141

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »

“We just need the team to pull out of its decade long slump and new members will start coming here.”

^ This, along with what VA said about people not using message boards as much anymore.  It’s Twitter and Facebook today.  We’re lucky we still have this place at all, imo.
"We would rather be feared than respected." - Al Davis

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »

I've been studying for a certification and waiting for Free Agency to kick off.   I'll be around more soon. 

Were going to have allot to talk about in the next couple months.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.