RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: To the Lurkers or Old school Members who don't post much  (Read 1018 times)

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
To the Lurkers or Old school Members who don't post much
« on: February 01, 2019, 10:03:22 PM »

I really need your input.

Some of you cats have been here for 10+ years....

What is it that makes you not want to post here that often?

What can change here to make you guys post more??

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
Re: To the Lurkers or Old school Members who don't post much
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 10:13:05 PM »

ME... of course... Duh!!!!

I'm the "Anti-Forum"...  ;D ;D ;D

ghostmech

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 05:52:29 AM »

Uh.... yep.

CB

• Franchise Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 06:12:41 AM »

Well, you're not wrong...
Raider fan in lamb land

I am not responsible for anyone that understands what VA says.

Earl

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 06:54:18 AM »

Sad but true. It's to bad too. I truly believe that VA is good at starting conversations. And very good at keeping conversations going. I believe he has good football knowledge. Problem is that the post is also, way too often, accompanied by belittling comments, insults, and name-calling when someone has a differing opinions. This actually has kept me from posting more. The thought "I should post this, but then it's going to get VA started again" has kept me from posting things before. And on the rare occurrence it actually gets me to post, it is unfortunately not about the Raiders or football, it's about VA being an ass. Which is clearly counterproductive to what we want to do here. 

Definitely a double edged sword.

I think we really need to advertise more to get new members. Then, we have to be accepting of folks who may have different opinions and views. We have to be more welcoming.

I Love what TIBS has been doing. More fun threads with different kinds of games. Betting threads. Fantasy threads. Birthdays threads were always created, and they used to be replied to by most everyone when they came up. Things like that keep folks engaged. It makes people feel like they are part of something. That their input is valued. We have to encourage new members to post. We do that by replying to their posts. And when doing so, being accepting even if you don't agree.

One thing is for sure. Our hard core group has been dwindling down for years. And it's not going to be sustainable for much longer unless we change something.   

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 08:43:44 AM »

Sad but true. It's to bad too. I truly believe that VA is good at starting conversations. And very good at keeping conversations going. I believe he has good football knowledge. Problem is that the post is also, way too often, accompanied by belittling comments, insults, and name-calling when someone has a differing opinions. This actually has kept me from posting more. The thought "I should post this, but then it's going to get VA started again" has kept me from posting things before. And on the rare occurrence it actually gets me to post, it is unfortunately not about the Raiders or football, it's about VA being an ass. Which is clearly counterproductive to what we want to do here. 

I think we really need to advertise more to get new members. Then, we have to be accepting of folks who may have different opinions and views. We have to be more welcoming.

I Love what TIBS has been doing. More fun threads with different kinds of games. Betting threads. Fantasy threads. Birthdays threads were always created, and they used to be replied to by most everyone when they came up. Things like that keep folks engaged. It makes people feel like they are part of something. That their input is valued. We have to encourage new members to post. We do that by replying to their posts. And when doing so, being accepting even if you don't agree.

One thing is for sure. Our hard core group has been dwindling down for years. And it's not going to be sustainable for much longer unless we change something.

Dude, STFU... Get me started???  I challenge you, and ANYONE else, to go look at YOUR last posts... and see how you completely contradict yourself... 90% of everything you post is directed at me, or some antagonistic BS, but you cry HERE and say I "keep you from posting"... GTFOH!    MF, seems like I'm the ONLY REASON you DO post!  LMMFAO!!!

Here's an example of your most recent "contribution"...

I'm pretty sure VA just Yadda Yadda'd sex.

I'm also pretty sure the sex was with himself. The self love is clearly evident.

It started with touching. See... "except yours truly"

It got really exciting with the... "Yadda Yadda Yadda".

And he ended with.... "Gruden (or whoever you want to blame)".

And you wonder why my comments come off as rude... This is the same shit I get from you, Ghost and a few others, ALL THE TIME... 805 even tries this shit, but when you get rude with HIM, he threatens to ban you... LOL!

So don't bitch and moan about insults and belittling, if this (quoted above) is the only type of shit you can contribute...

You're just mad because its only YOU... and GHOST... who get shit on by me... and occasionally Nut, but my issues with him are totally different and Raider 8, because he just acts like a bitch... and recently Prole has teamed up with the VA hate crew... That shit don't bother me... I got replies for DAYS... So keep bringing it...    o;)

Other than these 4, I get along with everyone else here... Me and CB used to battle it out religiously, but the DIFFERENCE is... CB always keeps it about FOOTBALL and/or RAIDERS... while the VA Hate Crew, tend to only focus on ME... (go figure)...

You guys (VA Hate Crew) are just mad because I routinely call you out on your SHIT, and hold you accountable to YOUR words... because you are my biggest "critics" so you damn right, I'm gonna go at you... DUH!

SO... do the math... 5 people, out of 88... 

(P.S. Just look at this thread as proof... Look who quoted me... The VA Hate Crew is real, lol!)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:51:57 AM by varaider »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 09:04:17 AM »

Ghost --- Pro-Gruden
Me --- Jury Out

SO naturally, we're going to bump heads... keep it football and not personal, and we're good...

Nut --- Anti-RM
Me --- Pro-RM

SO naturally we're going to bump heads....  Keep it football, and keep your racist shit/inferences away from me, and we're good...

Raider - Crybaby
Me - Grow Up

SO naturally, we're going to bump heads... Stop getting in your non-stop "about VA" rants and keep it football, and we're good...

Earl --- Anti-VA (while OBSESSED with VA)
Me ---- IDGAF

You ONLY post about me (90%)... just look at your recent posts, lmao... and barely, if ever offer anything related to the topic or football... you just hop on posts and antagonize me... (again, just check all your recents, the PROOF is there)... Gett off my DICK... and talk actual FOOTBALL, and we MIGHT be good... But I don't think that's your purpose here... I actually think you're a "cover" for someone else... but meh... fuck it... Just don't cry like a bitch when getting called out...

And there you have it...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 09:13:31 AM »

Moral of the story...

Keep shit football... and have thick skin...

Welcome to Raider Forum... Die Hard Fans, with Die Hard Opinions...

You want a pussy forum, go get on Facebook or something... that way you can pick and choose who you want to deal with...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:17:00 AM by varaider »

ghostmech

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 09:21:37 AM »

Dude, STFU... Get me started???  I challenge you, and ANYONE else, to go look at YOUR last posts... and see how you completely contradict yourself... 90% of everything you post is directed at me, or some antagonistic BS, but you cry HERE and say I "keep you from posting"... GTFOH!    MF, seems like I'm the ONLY REASON you DO post!  LMMFAO!!!

I'm also pretty sure the sex was with himself. The self love is clearly evident.

And you wonder why my comments come off as rude... This is the same shit I get from you, Ghost and a few others, ALL THE TIME... 805 even tries this shit, but when you get rude with HIM, he threatens to ban you... LOL!

So don't bitch and moan about insults and belittling, if this (quoted above) is the only type of shit you can contribute...

You're just mad because its only YOU... and GHOST... who get shit on by me... and occasionally Nut, but my issues with him are totally different and Raider 8, because he just acts like a bitch... and recently Prole has teamed up with the VA hate crew... That shit don't bother me... I got replies for DAYS... So keep bringing it...    o;)

Other than these 4, I get along with everyone else here... Me and CB used to battle it out religiously, but the DIFFERENCE is... CB always keeps it about FOOTBALL and/or RAIDERS... while the VA Hate Crew, tend to only focus on ME... (go figure)...

You guys (VA Hate Crew) are just mad because I routinely call you out on your SHIT, and hold you accountable to YOUR words... because you are my biggest "critics" so you damn right, I'm gonna go at you... DUH!

(P.S. Just look at this thread as proof... Look who quoted me... The VA Hate Crew is real, lol!)

Wow... you really do live an alternative universe.  o;) 

They should do a movie ... "The World According to VA", a roller-coaster sci-fi adventure into the mind of a delusional narcissist who sees himself as the purveyor of ultimate truth and how his opinions affect the world around him. Keep in mind this film would be rated R for triggered episodes of hateful rhetoric and foul language.

I find it hilarious that you were the first one to post in this thread that you, yourself are the cause of dwindling posts and then get all indigent when others agree with you.  Go figure.   :o   

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »

First off, it's my opinion... So of course it's going to be "According to VA"... WTF is wrong with you? (lol, joke)... What else am I supposed to say... YOUR opinion?  I think you just have it dead set in your mind, that if it's VA's opinion, you just HAVE to shit on it, I get it... really, I do... It's just so ironic, how you blame me for the exact things YOU do, lmao... The whole VA Hate Crew honestly...

But anyways, yes, it was sarcasm... and pointing out the FACT that those listed, have said this before... and ALWAYS try to use me as a scapegoat (in their failed efforts at trying to get me banned, yea... I now about the PMs that float around here) And me not wanting to give you the REAL truth...

News Flash...

Maybe posts are dwindling, because it's 2-thousand-fucking-19 (2019)... and no one uses forums anymore...  There are complete Facebook groups, for this, they're more visual, more interactive and have way more options and are just "better"... There are also OTHER forums out there, that are just "better" in those same regards.  Those forums try to "mimick" the Facebook experience, with likes, easy pic postings, easy link posting, etc... I believe this is (was) how they survived and still continue to be active... 

For example, for twitter links, we have to actually copy, paste format quote all this shit... when on other forums, you just post the link and the actual tweet (just like it's seen on twitter) shows... they have polls, They have "like" buttons, it's visually more enticing/inviting... etc, etc, etc...

Coupled with the fact that even when the forum was "more active" (10 years ago)... the members were mostly already in their 40's, 50's and 60's...

Maybe you older cats are the exception to the norm, but I would think MOST 50/60 y/o's aren't perusing Old School Forums anymore...

Another thing, aside from Me, Tibs, 805... We're the only (used loosely) ones who post unbiased news articles, tweets, news, draft, FA info, etc... Most people only post news/articles that supports what they believe... or to play "gotcha"... I do it as well, but its a fact that I post ALL news info, good or bad (in terms of my opinions)...

So yea, although I know you guys would LOVE to try to pin this on ME... as yet ANOTHER way to try to get me "banned" or whatever... Sorry... That's just not the reality... The reality is that Forums like this are dying (actually have BEEN dead), we're just the last of the mohicans that still frequent them...

PROBABLY because we LOVE this site and don't want to see it go away... So, IMO, that includes not trying to get members banned and forming Hate Militias with a purpose to do so... But hey, I'm just 1 of 88... But I know I religiously do my part... Can you (whoever) say the same?  Or do you just want to keep using ME as a scapegoat? 

Unlike the majority, I (and others like Tibs, 805, Raider etc) actually WORK to keep this place going, flooding it with news, tweets, info, articles, info, etc... while the majority, just reads and responds... Maybe the majority needs to pick up some slack and put in the same work... More posts equal more discussion, more discussion equals more people, and so on...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:01:14 AM by varaider »

emaytiti

• Veteran Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 10:01:25 AM »

I have been around since 2002 if not longer. I will say this for VA. Without a doubt in my mind he is the one of the most important members on this board. He writes well. Makes great arguments whether you agree with them or not. He makes the board interesting. The last thing we want is a bunch of people who always agree. As far as name calling on the internet....... Yeah I only wish he would send his written wrath towards me with a dash of racist rant. But, alas I have never been able to provoke him

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 10:02:47 AM »

I have been around since 2002 if not longer. I will say this for VA. Without a doubt in my mind he is the one of the most important members on this board. He writes well. Makes great arguments whether you agree with them or not. He makes the board interesting. The last thing we want is a bunch of people who always agree. As far as name calling on the internet....... Yeah I only wish he would send his written wrath towards me with a dash of racist rant. But, alas I have never been able to provoke him

:cheers

Is that a threat or a promise?   ;D

(joke)

CB

• Franchise Member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 02:30:33 PM »

I think you just answered The original question. Guys (and gals) don't come here for a 200 word dissertation on your opinion. Whether you back it up with facts or not, every post becomes a knock down drag out fight in the form of a novel.

People come here for a lot of reasons. To talk football. To rant. But I think you're the only one who comes here looking for an argument. If I want an argument, I can start one with my wife. At least then the make up sex makes it worthwhile.

If we want new members (and for old members to remain engaged), then every thread can't be a bloodbath. Say your piece, keep it brief and realize that others will have different opinions and that you don't need to hit them over the head with half a page of 'facts' to get them to see the light.
Raider fan in lamb land

I am not responsible for anyone that understands what VA says.

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »

...wait...so what is this thread about again?
I guess I should come up with a new sig now...

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 03:30:32 PM »

I've been around since the days of DH running the joint (I joined circa 2005 if I had to guess), but I was a kid then.  Now I have 3 kids of my own, married, life goes on, etc.  This forum has been a shifting constant for me, like the Raiders have been, and members come and go.  And come back.  I don't think much can be done about increasing posting activity of the members from a forum management perspective - activity is really up to the individuals.
I guess I should come up with a new sig now...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.