RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Offseason wish list...  (Read 1032 times)

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
Re: Offseason wish list...
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2019, 07:16:21 PM »

I know a lot of people here want to go all defense. The way I look at it, even the best defenses aren't going to be able to slow down Mahomes, so we're going to have to be able to score points... And a trio of AB, Bell, Harry/Brown... With Warren, Martin (I like how he ran down the stretch)... Nelson, Ateman, and whichever promising practice squad receiver steps up.... We might be able to potentially have the best offense in the league, talent-wise.

Although I'm not particularly confidence with routing and mayock yet because of the experience issues oh, I do hope that they at least attack aggressively during free agency and grab some big names. Because it seems like that is the current philosophy nowadays.  Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, etc..

I agree.  If we are going to roll the dice with Carr then we need to build an offense around him.  Watching this Chiefs game while Mahomes is a stud he's  targets are wide open 90% of the time.  Just having Hill and Kelsey on the field at the same time makes it easy for Reid to get open looks all day long.

Carr has never had those kinds of weapons to work with.

Yeah, I thought Luck would have  fared better than the he has tonight.  Man I hate seeing the Queifs win again, but that Mahomes kid is fo' rizzle.

One of our most active members here recently said Carr can't beat the Chiefs.

Well looks like Luck, Big Ben, Garoppolo, Keenum, Bortles, Dalton, Maytield, Rosen, and Wilson can't beat the Chiefs either.

C/ATT   YDS   AVG   TD   INT   SACKS   RTG
Andrew Luck   19/36   203   5.6   1   0   3-27           78.8

C/ATT   YDS   AVG   TD   INT   SACKS   RTG
Derek Carr   24/33   185   5.6   0   2   3-20           60.8

What do any of them have to do with with whether or not Carr can beat them?

They also don't have to play them, at minimum, twice a season.. They also don't have them in their way of a division title... Hell, some of the guys you mentioned barely play them once every 4 years... Others have only played them once in their careers...

Carr is 2-8 overall, 0-5 @ KC... his 1st win was the very 1st time he played them... and a 1 point win, last year... And he just started playing vs Mahomes, and is 0-2...

Not sure what your post even means... *shrugs* 

Or why you felt the need to call me out... *shrugs*

Dude I called you out because you pissed me off with your comments about Carr and the Chiefs.

Watching the game today I realized Carr and Luck looked like the same guy playing against the Chiefs.  The only difference is the Colts have better talent.  But obviously the result was just about the same.

I just want to see Carr get the same team around him that Mahomes has. 

Your comments were not fair.

Lets see what happens over the next 2 years.

Sooooooooo... you get mad and call me out, because I speak the truth... Ok... lol...

And Carr has had weapons around him...

If you're waitring for him to get the "same" weapons as Mahomes, you'll probably die waiting... A future HOF TE... and the fastest kid in the universe... And an HC/OC that actually knows how run a creative and versatile offense to get them the ball?   Wait on it...

My comments are fair, because KCs defense has been atrocious every year Carr has been here... every year he plays good/decent against everyone... but KC he CONSISTENTLY looks like shit... Those are the facts bro...

I don't care if he "looked like" Luck... or if all those QBs are 0-1 or 0-2 (really? lol) against the Chiefs... Derek Carr is 2-8 with a total margin of victory being 4 points...  Nothing "unfair" about calling a spade a spade... It is no secret that Carr's "kryptonite" is KC...

You think he's great, well great would be better than 2-8 vs KC... and he's had plenty weapons over the years... What happened the 12-4 season?  Or even last season when that roster was better (offensively) than 2016...

Until he shows he can beat KC, he (and you) need to own that fact that he's KC's bitch....  We've been playing the "Let's see" game with Carr for 6 years... It's THIS type of thinking that has me arguing this Gruden shit with some of yall... Because it's nothing but excuses... and "Let's see"... How long are we going to keep playing this game with DC... and how long are we GOING to play it with JG if he's not successful in a year or 2..

Sooner or later we're going to have to take the results as WHAT THEY ARE...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:21:56 PM by varaider »

Raidersmojo

• Veteran Member
Re: Offseason wish list...
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2019, 03:03:58 PM »

I’m a fan of Carr and think he can turn it around but

There is absolutely no denying he is KC’s bitch. Zero, Zip, zadda, nadda.

No way to argue that. I think it was the pro bowl with Reid coaching Carr. Probably found something that he uses against Carr each time that he discovered from those practices.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.