RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Offseason wish list...  (Read 1036 times)

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
Re: Offseason wish list...
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 10:44:04 PM »

4. Oakland Raiders
Clelin Ferrell | EDGE | Clemson

24. Oakland Raiders (from CHI)
Mack Wilson | LB | Alabama

27. Oakland Raiders (from DAL)
Kyler Murray | QB | Oklahoma

35. Oakland Raiders
A.J. Brown | WR | Ole Miss

66. Oakland Raiders
Damien Harris | RB | Alabama

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/10/raiders-select-qb-kyler-murray-in-new-3-round-mock-draft/

I don't think Murray or Brown will be there that late (Too many QB-needy teams to just let him drop)... But if they are, they're both no brainers...

I'd prefer Haskins, simply because he doesn't have the baseball urge... I think Murray only entertains the NFL if he knows for a fact he'll start... plus that baseball money is a whole different beast...

And I'm favoring Harry over Brown right now, idk what it is, but that kid just seems like he has that "special" vibe... Watching his highlights, they are something else, the catches he makes... very Hopkins like...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:05:24 PM by varaider »

TIBERIUS

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 11:28:09 PM »

4. Oakland Raiders

35. Oakland Raiders

66. Oakland Raiders

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/10/raiders-select-qb-kyler-murray-in-new-3-round-mock-draft/

I don't think Murray or Brown will be there that late (Too many QB-needy teams to just let him drop)... But if they are, they're both no brainers...

I'd prefer Haskins, simply because he doesn't have the baseball urge... I think Murray only entertains the NFL if he knows for a fact he'll start... plus that baseball money is a whole different beast...

And I'm favoring Harry over Brown right now, idk what it is, but that kid just seems like he has that "special" vibe... Watching his highlights, they are something else, the catches he makes... very Hopkins like...

Hard to argue any of that at this point.

How much fun is this shit???????

Money....picks.....

Endless possibilities.

This draft is going to be fun as hell.

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 11:30:41 PM »

4. Oakland Raiders

35. Oakland Raiders

66. Oakland Raiders

Money....picks.....

Endless possibilities.

Agree 100%

RaiderinKorea

• Pro Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 04:21:21 AM »

4. Oakland Raiders

35. Oakland Raiders

66. Oakland Raiders

Money....picks.....

Endless possibilities.

Agree 100%

Pluse Murray is already under contract with the A’s

Raidersmojo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 05:21:36 AM »

Wish list... Hmmm

FA:
DT - Grady Jarret
DE - Trey Flowers
S - Landon Collins
WR- Golden Tate
Re-sign Cook

Draft:
4th - Ferrell DE
24th - Irv Smith Jr - TE
27th - Marquis Brown WR
35th - Vosean Joesph - LB

Fantasy scenario:
Jags trade up to #4 for a QB and flip us Ramsey to get out from under his future contract and attitude and we still take Ferrell (Never happen but its my fantasy, damn it)

I want Ferrell because its my last name...Easy jersey purchase from day 1 right there.

ghostmech

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 09:05:31 AM »

I want Ferrell because its my last name...Easy jersey purchase from day 1 right there.

I would take Josh Allen over Ferrell if they are both still there.  I think he is more versatile and will convert to the edge when needed.  Reminds me of Aldon Smith without the dumbass factor.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 12:34:05 PM »

I would take Josh Allen over Ferrell if they are both still there.  I think he is more versatile and will convert to the edge when needed.  Reminds me of Aldon Smith without the dumbass factor.

No RB prospect for us this year Ghost?

You've had one for us every year... Who do you like?

ghostmech

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2019, 01:26:05 PM »

;D  Well, since you asked...

I really like Bryce Love from Stanford.... if he could only stay healthy. 

Travis Etienne from Clemson looked like a beast this year and I think surprised a lot of people.... would not mind getting him if he declares.

Damien Harris from Alabama would be a good one with our 2nd or 3rd round pick, but I doubt he will there in the 3rd.

Another one that is a phenom is Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin, but the dude is a sophomore so no chance of seeing him for another year.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 01:28:57 PM by ghostmech »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 02:42:15 PM »

Travis Etienne from Clemson looked like a beast this year and I think surprised a lot of people.... would not mind getting him if he declares.

Damien Harris from Alabama would be a good one with our 2nd or 3rd round pick, but I doubt he will there in the 3rd.

Another one that is a phenom is Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin, but the dude is a sophomore so no chance of seeing him for another year.

I knew you had a list waiting, haha...

:cheers

I'm hoping we find a stop gap, and can get my young boy Ricky Slade from Penn State... Coached him in 12U, 13U, and HS passing leagues... 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:46:44 PM by varaider »

ghostmech

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 03:38:19 PM »

I knew you had a list waiting, haha...

:cheers

I'm hoping we find a stop gap, and can get my young boy Ricky Slade from Penn State... Coached him in 12U, 13U, and HS passing leagues...

You know I would  ;)

I looked up Slade and he's a good lookin' kid.... got a lot of promise.   I'll keep an eye out for him next season. Thanks  :cheers

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 04:00:13 PM »

From what I've been reading, it sounds like Gruden is going to go after a big-name receiver in the offseason, or two. With the draft capital that we have the likely choice would probably be Antonio Brown.

To even sweeten the deal, sign Le'Veon Bell as well, since he won't require any type of trade, just money that we have to spend.

With that said, my dream scenario for the draft in free agency would be to pick up Antonio Brown, by probably giving up one of our late firsts or our second round pick. And spending the other late first pick on N'keal Harry or AJ Brown.

And with the 4th pick take the best available defensive player, hopefully a pass rusher Orr safety.

to be honest, I wouldn't even be upset if we took Haskins with the 4th pick. Especially if we make the moves that I mentioned above...

What are you guys' dream scenarios for this offseason?

So trade Mack and Cooper. 

Then come back next seaon with

Antionio Brown
Le'Veon Bell
N'Keal Harry

and any of these guys
Quinen Williams
Nick Bosa
Josh Allen
Clelin Ferrell
Ed Oliver

I'm in on that deal all day long.  Not just for the talent but the cap implications. 

Brown is set to make about 12 million a year and is under cotract for 3 more years. We have money to spend.

Le'Veon scares me a little bit money wise. I'm not sure what he's going to expect.  There is only so much money to go around and I can't see paying him Gurley money.  If he's willing to be a top 5 paid back I would consider it.

Of course both of these guys have proven they will quit on their team.  That is a concern. 

In any case great post VA.  You got me excited thinking of all of the possibilities we have to look forward too.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 04:05:09 PM »

I know a lot of people here want to go all defense. The way I look at it, even the best defenses aren't going to be able to slow down Mahomes, so we're going to have to be able to score points... And a trio of AB, Bell, Harry/Brown... With Warren, Martin (I like how he ran down the stretch)... Nelson, Ateman, and whichever promising practice squad receiver steps up.... We might be able to potentially have the best offense in the league, talent-wise.

Although I'm not particularly confidence with routing and mayock yet because of the experience issues oh, I do hope that they at least attack aggressively during free agency and grab some big names. Because it seems like that is the current philosophy nowadays.  Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, etc..

I agree.  If we are going to roll the dice with Carr then we need to build an offense around him.  Watching this Chiefs game while Mahomes is a stud he's  targets are wide open 90% of the time.  Just having Hill and Kelsey on the field at the same time makes it easy for Reid to get open looks all day long.

Carr has never had those kinds of weapons to work with. 

ghostmech

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 04:37:12 PM »

I know a lot of people here want to go all defense. The way I look at it, even the best defenses aren't going to be able to slow down Mahomes, so we're going to have to be able to score points... And a trio of AB, Bell, Harry/Brown... With Warren, Martin (I like how he ran down the stretch)... Nelson, Ateman, and whichever promising practice squad receiver steps up.... We might be able to potentially have the best offense in the league, talent-wise.

Although I'm not particularly confidence with routing and mayock yet because of the experience issues oh, I do hope that they at least attack aggressively during free agency and grab some big names. Because it seems like that is the current philosophy nowadays.  Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, etc..

I agree.  If we are going to roll the dice with Carr then we need to build an offense around him.  Watching this Chiefs game while Mahomes is a stud he's  targets are wide open 90% of the time.  Just having Hill and Kelsey on the field at the same time makes it easy for Reid to get open looks all day long.

Yeah, I thought Luck would have  fared better than the he has tonight.  Man I hate seeing the Queifs win again, but that Mahomes kid is fo' rizzle.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 05:04:16 PM »

Yeah, I thought Luck would have  fared better than the he has tonight.  Man I hate seeing the Queifs win again, but that Mahomes kid is fo' rizzle.

One of our most active members here recently said Carr can't beat the Chiefs.

Well looks like Luck, Big Ben, Garoppolo, Keenum, Bortles, Dalton, Maytield, Rosen, and Wilson can't beat the Chiefs either.

C/ATT   YDS   AVG   TD   INT   SACKS   RTG
Andrew Luck   19/36   203   5.6   1   0   3-27           78.8

Derek Carr   24/33   185   5.6   0   2   3-20           60.8

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2019, 05:27:56 PM »

One of our most active members here recently said Carr can't beat the Chiefs.

Well looks like Luck, Big Ben, Garoppolo, Keenum, Bortles, Dalton, Maytield, Rosen, and Wilson can't beat the Chiefs either.

Andrew Luck   19/36   203   5.6   1   0   3-27           78.8

Derek Carr   24/33   185   5.6   0   2   3-20           60.8

What do any of them have to do with with whether or not Carr can beat them?

They also don't have to play them, at minimum, twice a season.. They also don't have them in their way of a division title... Hell, some of the guys you mentioned barely play them once every 4 years... Others have only played them once in their careers...

Carr is 2-8 overall, 0-5 @ KC... his 1st win was the very 1st time he played them... and a 1 point win, last year... And he just started playing vs Mahomes, and is 0-2...

Not sure what your post even means... *shrugs* 

Or why you felt the need to call me out... *shrugs*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.