RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Offseason wish list...  (Read 1031 times)

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
Offseason wish list...
« on: January 09, 2019, 04:52:43 PM »

From what I've been reading, it sounds like Gruden is going to go after a big-name receiver in the offseason, or two. With the draft capital that we have the likely choice would probably be Antonio Brown.

To even sweeten the deal, sign Le'Veon Bell as well, since he won't require any type of trade, just money that we have to spend.

With that said, my dream scenario for the draft in free agency would be to pick up Antonio Brown, by probably giving up one of our late firsts or our second round pick. And spending the other late first pick on N'keal Harry or AJ Brown.

And with the 4th pick take the best available defensive player, hopefully a pass rusher Orr safety.

to be honest, I wouldn't even be upset if we took Haskins with the 4th pick. Especially if we make the moves that I mentioned above...

What are you guys' dream scenarios for this offseason?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:56:21 PM by varaider »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
Re: Offseason wish list...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 06:00:47 PM »

I know a lot of people here want to go all defense. The way I look at it, even the best defenses aren't going to be able to slow down Mahomes, so we're going to have to be able to score points... And a trio of AB, Bell, Harry/Brown... With Warren, Martin (I like how he ran down the stretch)... Nelson, Ateman, and whichever promising practice squad receiver steps up.... We might be able to potentially have the best offense in the league, talent-wise.

Although I'm not particularly confidence with routing and mayock yet because of the experience issues oh, I do hope that they at least attack aggressively during free agency and grab some big names. Because it seems like that is the current philosophy nowadays.  Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, etc..

az raider

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 07:23:31 PM »

I would give the cowboys pick for Bell. We need a legit running back going forward to be sure.

I’m really on the fence with AB.  So much baggage there.
I’d rather snag Harry (ASU) with the 24th pick....if he’s there....if not then look into cutting a deal for AB

And grab the best pass rusher with our first pick....Josh Allen...Ferrell..would be nice

With so many damned needs, I really hope Gru/Mayock kill this draft.

if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis

TIBERIUS

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 12:00:29 AM »

I know a lot of people here want to go all defense. The way I look at it, even the best defenses aren't going to be able to slow down Mahomes, so we're going to have to be able to score points... And a trio of AB, Bell, Harry/Brown... With Warren, Martin (I like how he ran down the stretch)... Nelson, Ateman, and whichever promising practice squad receiver steps up.... We might be able to potentially have the best offense in the league, talent-wise.

Although I'm not particularly confidence with routing and mayock yet because of the experience issues oh, I do hope that they at least attack aggressively during free agency and grab some big names. Because it seems like that is the current philosophy nowadays.  Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, etc..

No way in hell can DC go toe to toe with Mahomes. Only one Mahomes and we aint got him. In my opinion the way to beat him is limit his possessions, and make gaycee one dimentional. And when he does have the ball blitz the hell out of him. That comes from a rush game and a pressure defense.

Make no mistake, we are miles behind gaycee at this point. We just need to stock this team with talent at this point ans hope in 2020 we can go toe to toe with em.

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

CB

• Franchise Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 10:21:50 PM »

No way in hell can DC go toe to toe with Mahomes. Only one Mahomes and we aint got him. In my opinion the way to beat him is limit his possessions, and make gaycee one dimentional. And when he does have the ball blitz the hell out of him. That comes from a rush game and a pressure defense.

Make no mistake, we are miles behind gaycee at this point. We just need to stock this team with talent at this point ans hope in 2020 we can go toe to toe with em.

Sure he can. Protect him and give him some weapons and he can play with damn near anybody. It was only two seasons ago he was out playing Brees, Rivers, Roethlisburger. We'll find out soon enough of Mahomes can sustain his play.
Raider fan in lamb land

I am not responsible for anyone that understands what VA says.

TIBERIUS

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 11:44:14 PM »

Sure he can. Protect him and give him some weapons and he can play with damn near anybody. It was only two seasons ago he was out playing Brees, Rivers, Roethlisburger. We'll find out soon enough of Mahomes can sustain his play.

That was 2 years ago. Sadly, he is no more.  One would hope that a QB would not regress. Especially one getting paid like an elite.

SO................

No way IMHO. At this point I can only go on from what I have seen. Is DC a good QB? Sure.

Don't try and feed me however, that if given the chance, you wouldn't take MaHomes over DC.

Now, if you say yes like everyone else......

Then tell me why you would trade? 

-'

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 09:11:21 AM »

He had good numbers this year... with minimal weapons...

BUT... It still seems like he plays scared... IMO, he's a huge question mark... especially with the QBs coming out this year and next...

What if Murray declares... Do you think Gruden passes him up?  Given all his "hype"... Even Haskins is worthy of a #4 pick...

If Murray declares... ONE of them WILL be there at #4... given Gruden's unpredictability, we may have a QB controversy on our hands... And I think the more him and Mayock talk him up this offseason, the more of a chance we may be drafting a QB...

If a complete rebuild is what the strategy, I don't think it's too far-fetched to think they would trade Carr and draft Murray or Haskins... We can get at least a 2nd this year for Carr...

Imagine if we could get the Giants 2nd rounder for him... That would be 4 picks between slots 24-38... That would appealing for any GM., IMO... Especially if you can draft a franchise QB at #4...

Raider 8

• HOF Member
  • Commitment to Excellence
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 02:50:43 PM »

My off-season wish list is to NOT trade for Antonio Brown, NOT sign Leveon Bell, and NOT draft Dwayne Haskins

CB

• Franchise Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 03:02:17 PM »

He had good numbers this year... with minimal weapons...

BUT... It still seems like he plays scared... IMO, he's a huge question mark... especially with the QBs coming out this year and next...

What if Murray declares... Do you think Gruden passes him up?  Given all his "hype"... Even Haskins is worthy of a #4 pick...

If Murray declares... ONE of them WILL be there at #4... given Gruden's unpredictability, we may have a QB controversy on our hands... And I think the more him and Mayock talk him up this offseason, the more of a chance we may be drafting a QB...

If a complete rebuild is what the strategy, I don't think it's too far-fetched to think they would trade Carr and draft Murray or Haskins... We can get at least a 2nd this year for Carr...

Imagine if we could get the Giants 2nd rounder for him... That would be 4 picks between slots 24-38... That would appealing for any GM., IMO... Especially if you can draft a franchise QB at #4...

IMO, trading Carr for a #2 makes as much sense as trading Mack for 2 #1's made. Not much.

I just fail to see the logic in trading a known commodity for an unknown prospect. There have been dozens if not hundreds of 'sure fire' QB's that just didn't pan out.

We know what we have in Carr. He is a very capable QB when you protect him and provide him with some decent play makers. He is a piece of the puzzle that is in place, why toss it aside and hope to find another matching piece. I'm pretty sure the plan would be to bring in weapons and provide a solid line to protect a rookie QB, so why not give the same to Carr.

I also think that Gruden's penchant for vets will kick in and he won't want to start over with a rookie after making some good progress with Carr late in the season. I would think Gruden would be more inclined to pick up a vet like Foles or Flacco should he bail on Carr.
Raider fan in lamb land

CB

• Franchise Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 03:08:31 PM »

That was 2 years ago. Sadly, he is no more.  One would hope that a QB would not regress. Especially one getting paid like an elite.

SO................

No way IMHO. At this point I can only go on from what I have seen. Is DC a good QB? Sure.

Don't try and feed me however, that if given the chance, you wouldn't take MaHomes over DC.

Now, if you say yes like everyone else......

Then tell me why you would trade? 

-'

This wasn't about trading Carr for Mahomes. This is can Carr compete with Mahomes. I say, Yes, he can if he is given some play makers and we fortify the line in front of him.

Of course, Mahomes is the better player at this point in their careers, but I still think Carr can play at a high level under the right conditions. He's not the kind of guy who can make chicken salad out of chicken shit, but he is good enough for us to compete with the chefs.

I don't think Carr is in the twilight of his career. Hell, he's still under 30 and may not have hit his prime.
Raider fan in lamb land

Raider 8

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 03:15:35 PM »

Never let go of a serviceable QB until he gets beat out in practice.

And if football teams are built from the football out, don't worry about QB until you have solid pieces in place to put a young QB in and he can succeed.

Maybe we draft a good QB, but without the pieces around him, he struggles and it doesn't work out, not because of the QB though.

Use this draft and free agency to build this team and see where we're at with QB next off season.

CB

• Franchise Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 03:16:45 PM »

Now, for my wish list.

I would use our draft picks on DE, safety and MLB. Maybe a RB in a later round along with a WR.

I would like to see us also try to pick up a FA or two at each of these positions. Provide some leadership and competition.

I wouldn't trade for Brown or sign Bell. I think Bell was foolish for not signing his franchise tag last season. He could have played at a 20% raise from the previous year and then if they tagged him again he would be looking at 40% raise next year. That would be far above what I think he'll get in FA. There just aren't teams willing to spend top dollar on FA RB's especially when their north of 30.

I think Brown is still a stud, but the last thing this team needs is a prima donna who isn't on the same page with the QB or the HC. I don't know that any coach in the league does a better job of communicating with his players than Tomlinson and if he can't get Brown on board then why would we think Gruden can?
Raider fan in lamb land

Raider 8

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 03:20:09 PM »

Now, for my wish list.

I would use our draft picks on DE, safety and MLB. Maybe a RB in a later round along with a WR.

I would like to see us also try to pick up a FA or two at each of these positions. Provide some leadership and competition.

I wouldn't trade for Brown or sign Bell. I think Bell was foolish for not signing his franchise tag last season. He could have played at a 20% raise from the previous year and then if they tagged him again he would be looking at 40% raise next year. That would be far above what I think he'll get in FA. There just aren't teams willing to spend top dollar on FA RB's especially when their north of 30.

I think Brown is still a stud, but the last thing this team needs is a prima donna who isn't on the same page with the QB or the HC. I don't know that any coach in the league does a better job of communicating with his players than Tomlinson and if he can't get Brown on board then why would we think Gruden can?

C'mon dude, when was quitting on your teammates not a good thing.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 07:45:35 PM »

Now, for my wish list.

I believe Brown's issue was with Ben and Tomlinson was caught in the middle... A change of scenery can fix all that.  And who cares about primadona shit more than this forum, lol... The guy is the best WR in the league (between him and Hopkins, to me)... You know me, I don't care about all that other shit... Catch TDs and be unguardable, that's all I need... And we NEED a star when we get to Vegas... Problem solved...

And player's don't like playing on the tag, they want to get rid of it.  It takes players actions like Bell's to change this philosophy.  The guy had an astronomical amount of touches in 2017... With that many touches, your chance at injury goes way up.... I don't think it was foolish to forfeit a year to endure you get a long term, hell of a deal... What if they use him to death again... and he gets injured... then what?  Besides... just like AB... Bell is that good...

Mahomes is immune to defense (so far)... We need to score points... Denver's defense is going to be very good... We need to score points... The Chargers defense is going to be really good... We need to score points...

Scoring points has been our Achilles heal the last 2 years... Sure the defense sucked this year, but how many games did we watch thinking "If we could only score on this drive"...

The last time we had a high scoring/efficient offense... we went 12-4 and were contending for a #1 seed, until a broken leg derailed it all...

And the best defenses in the league this year, in the playoffs... are both sitting at home...

Arguably the best WR and the best RB are both "available"... It would be foolish for Gruden not to explore this... Especially as an offensive minded coach...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:48:58 PM by varaider »

TIBERIUS

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 08:53:31 PM »

4. Oakland Raiders
Clelin Ferrell | EDGE | Clemson

24. Oakland Raiders (from CHI)
Mack Wilson | LB | Alabama

27. Oakland Raiders (from DAL)
Kyler Murray | QB | Oklahoma

35. Oakland Raiders
A.J. Brown | WR | Ole Miss

66. Oakland Raiders
Damien Harris | RB | Alabama

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/10/raiders-select-qb-kyler-murray-in-new-3-round-mock-draft/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.