RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: CALLING ALL MEMBERS.........OPINIONS WANTED  (Read 142 times)

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
CALLING ALL MEMBERS.........OPINIONS WANTED
« on: January 09, 2019, 02:35:00 AM »

Now that the season is over and we a few months of down time before we gear up for the draft.....I thought it would be a good time to take this old tug into dry dock and give it a cosmetic face lift.

I'm not talking about the banner, but how this site is laid out. I've been thinking about it a lot since I came back. Everyone or everything I've seen and know needs a little makeover. Well... maybe not so much me.  ;D

Give it some thought and perhaps we can get our owner involved. He needs a good dose of Tib's about now.

So fire away with your thoughts and opinions, and let's get this place ready to rock for the 2019 season.

RAIDER ON MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND TO ALL RAIDER NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Re: CALLING ALL MEMBERS.........OPINIONS WANTED
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 01:26:45 PM »

Do you have any suggestions Tibs?  I'm not exactly sure what kind of changes your talking about. 

Are you talking about stickies?

Limb Reaper

• Administrator
  • Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 06:03:58 PM »

Much of the layout here is dictated by the Simple Machine software that we use. What were you thinking of changing?

The one

• HOF Member
  • "The only easy day was yesterday"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 10:48:11 PM »

Whatever works...keep classy.
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.”   ? Sun Tzu, The Art of War

az raider

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 11:09:26 PM »

I’m just hoping for some kind of boob section....but I digress
if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 03:09:49 AM »

I'm talking about the way the place is laid out. For example....how many of you go outside the Raider grid? I'm guessing not many by the number of posts.

I'm thinking more along the lines of streamlining the layout, look, and functionality of this place.

When you log on......what would you like to see? I mean besides titties.  ;D

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 03:16:09 AM »

Much of the layout here is dictated by the Simple Machine software that we use. What were you thinking of changing?

I understand that. But we can change/eliminate boards no one is interested in. Bring the forums we want under one umbrella when we log on.

The Prole

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 03:58:57 AM »

I understand that. But we can change/eliminate boards no one is interested in. Bring the forums we want under one umbrella when we log on.

To be fair, more and more people are posting non-Grid stuff (myself included) in the Grid, because it feels like any posts on the other boards will just get overlooked. They're like a waste-ground nobody really visits. Maybe more conversation will be generated if we have fewer areas.

I also think the 'RAIDERSLINKS' button is looking a bit dated. Peach was a regular here back in the day, but that's a long time ago now. I'm happy to keep the link, it just needs freshening up or maybe moved to a different area (if possible).

Limb Reaper

• Administrator
  • Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 10:17:47 AM »

You're seeing it from the perspective of a moderator, something I've never been. The purpose of those subs is obviously to give folks a place to post off-topic crap...but how many of us do that anymore? We really just come here to talk Raiders.

Slo will have the final say, natch.

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 03:33:20 AM »

You're seeing it from the perspective of a moderator, something I've never been. The purpose of those subs is obviously to give folks a place to post off-topic crap...but how many of us do that anymore? We really just come here to talk Raiders.

Slo will have the final say, natch.

Of course. He stated he was disappointed in the lack of traffic. I'm thinking like a guy running the site.

I don't want to be anything other than what I am now however. A regular.

That said, Why the fuck wouldn't we want to make this place better suited to our likes?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:38:57 AM by TIBERIUS »

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 03:36:29 AM »

To be fair, more and more people are posting non-Grid stuff (myself included) in the Grid, because it feels like any posts on the other boards will just get overlooked. They're like a waste-ground nobody really visits. Maybe more conversation will be generated if we have fewer areas.

I also think the 'RAIDERSLINKS' button is looking a bit dated. Peach was a regular here back in the day, but that's a long time ago now. I'm happy to keep the link, it just needs freshening up or maybe moved to a different area (if possible).

Excellent observations sir. Why I think it Important to keep the links......a refresh would be welcome.

As for your other point, that is also my thinking. It would generate more dialog.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Anymore ideas members?

CB

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 11:38:55 AM »

I can live with just about anything. I remember back when the Merc had a forum where everything was out in one thread. If you missed a couple days there would be 20 pages to scroll through and the topics ranged from Raiders to babes to movies to politics.

Right now, I still go to some of the other sub forums, but there usually isn't a lot of fresh conversations, so the grid is where it's at.

I think we put our finger on it in the birthday thread. We are all a bunch of old motherfuckers. We're not impressed with the fancy stuff, we like things that are easy to find and to work. I don't need a lot of options, just clean and simple.
Raider fan in lamb land

I am not responsible for anyone that understands what VA says.

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 01:25:26 PM »

I have one.. put a cap on the number of words on a response

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 03:18:31 PM »

A SLO SIGHTING

The Prole

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »

I have one.. put a cap on the number of words on a response

:lol:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.