RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A source close to the Mayor's Office told The Dan Sileo Show that .......  (Read 227 times)

TIBERIUS

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

Limb Reaper

• Administrator
  • Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor

Looks man...as weird as SD sounds, it makes a ton of sense. We practically sold the place out when the Chargers were playing there.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor

They should play in the Rose Bowl...

ghostmech

• HOF Member

I saw them play a preseason game at Cal - Berkeley stadium in the late 60s/early 70s.  It holds the same amount of people as the Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum holds and I don't know why they can't just play there.

The Prole

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor

I saw them play a preseason game at Cal - Berkeley stadium in the late 60s/early 70s.  It holds the same amount of people as the Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum holds and I don't know why they can't just play there.

I have wondered that myself in the past, but I’m sure I read somewhere that the University would be reluctant due to the added disruption to the area and the upheaval to the campus. Seems to me that it would be worth it for a year though. It would only be for seven games due to London. Unless we go on a large playoff run... ;)

CB

• Franchise Member

Do any colleges play their regular season games in that stadium? If not, it makes a lot of sense. Which means it will never happen.😁
Raider fan in lamb land

I am not responsible for anyone that understands what VA says.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor

Do any colleges play their regular season games in that stadium? If not, it makes a lot of sense. Which means it will never happen.😁

Lol, last time I googled it, UCLA came up... Not sure if its true or not...

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
  • Commitment to Excellence

Yes, UCLA is in the Rose bowl, USC in the Coliseum.

Since the Rams and Chargers open their new stadium, play in the Coliseum. We'd draw more than either of those two teams

CB

• Franchise Member

Since the Rams and Chargers open their new stadium, play in the Coliseum. We'd draw more than either of those two teams

Is the Rams and Chargers stadium set to open next season? I thought they were scheduled for 2020 like us. I could see us playing in the Coliseum or maybe even alternating between the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl depending on when the college games were scheduled. Probably don't want to have a college and pro game on the same field in a weekend.
Raider fan in lamb land

I am not responsible for anyone that understands what VA says.

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
  • Commitment to Excellence

Is the Rams and Chargers stadium set to open next season? I thought they were scheduled for 2020 like us. I could see us playing in the Coliseum or maybe even alternating between the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl depending on when the college games were scheduled. Probably don't want to have a college and pro game on the same field in a weekend.

I'm not a 100% sure, but it was 2019 unless there's been delays, which is pretty common on stadium projects, but no way NFL let's 3 teams in this market imo

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
Re: A source close to the Mayor's Office told The Dan Sileo Show that .......
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 07:29:09 PM »

I'm not a 100% sure, but it was 2019 unless there's been delays, which is pretty common on stadium projects, but no way NFL let's 3 teams in this market imo

I believe it was pushed back a year...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 22 queries.