RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mike Mayock confirms Jon Gruden is calling personnel shots  (Read 270 times)

Earl

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Mayock confirms Jon Gruden is calling personnel shots
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 01:42:54 PM »

Class Act Hater. Your a real class act.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 02:57:00 PM »

Beat on brother, beat on... Just know I ain't the ONLY one.... 

Oh, actually you are the only one big guy.

This is the SAME quote I've mentioned this entire time... Just because you found the SAME QUOTES on different websites, doesn't mean it ain't the SAME SHIT I've been discrediting this entire season, lmao...

Thanks for regurgitating the same thing... It served literally no purpose in this convo...

YES this is the same shit you have been discrediting all season. Thing is, your not discrediting it with any facts. All opinions. But according to you opinions are facts. Especially your own. Must be "alternative facts" huh big guy?

All these quotes were made while Reggie was still a Raider, except for the last MD one... While they were trying to disguise the shit show that was going on in the Front Office (2 separate scouting departments, heat from the Mack trade, etc, etc...)

The MD comment, if you use your common sense... The GM facilitates the deal, genius, that's his job... So perfect PC comment, made AFTER RM wasn't in the building... Have you ever heard an NFL Owner, Coach or GM say they REGRET anything?  LMAO...

Whether Reg was in the building or not doesn't change anything at all. The statements are the same. You can choose to believe them, or you can choose not too. But either way, they are the same. Those are the FACTS! Everything else is an opinion. Reports coming from anyone other than RM, JG, or MD are opinions. Your common sense tells you that JG made the call. Good for you. That doesn't make it fact.

Also, The HC pulls the trigger on whether the deal should be made or not... This might not be common sense to you, because it actually involves knowing how a Football Team operates and the hierarchy in decision making... This has been confirmed... and solidified with the recent Mayock statement... To think this wasn't the case when Gruden was hired... is retarded... (I mean, RM was fired, in season, duh...)

Inflammatory comments like this are another one of your problems. Nobody needs it. And nobody is retarded because you don't agree with them. It really must be hard to be such a hater.

And you call it an "organizational move"... but 1/3 of that "organizational move" was fired mid-season... lol, I can't make this shit up bro... You just make it so easy...

OK, and 3/3 were there when it happened. And 2/3 are still there. And 3/3 have said it was a group decision. I'm not making that shit up either V.

Nothing is as easy as it seems, HATER.

Awww and him must be mad...  The blinded by hate lil quirp, is old bro... ineffective... You guys always like those little passive aggressive personal shots, then bitch and cry like victims when it turns ugly...

How old are you hater? Baby talk doesn't suit you. I'm just callin it like I see it is all. And guess what, I'm not the only one who see's this in you. You always wonder why, I don't.

Run along and exit the thread my guy... Because as I said before, a little common sense would go a long ways here... and you've offered absolutely nothing new to the convo...

P.S. - Weird you say I only believe reports (plural) that fit my opinion... Yet, there's only these 1-2 quotes, in the universe... that oppose the TENS and TENS of reports I've posted on this forum for an entire season... and all you guys do is double back to a quote made the DAY OF THE TRADE... lmao... As if ALL info stopped with THAT quote...

You say you could post more... but meh.... You really can't... *shrugs*  (If so, where were you the ENTIRE SEASON when I was asking for just that)

Really Hater? There are lots and lots of articles stating the exact same thing as these couple articles. I only posted a couple and that's all will do for the likes of a HATER like you.

And for all the TENS and TENS of articles you have posted, none of them are from the men responsible. They are from "reports"and Opinion pieces. That doesn't make it true MR ALTERNATIVE FACTS.

BUT............as I have said before, and I will say again. (And the only reason this pains me is because you are such an ass to everyone) You are probably right. It probably WAS Grudens decision. But until FACTs are out, we only have what these men say. Which means everything you have said on the subject is opinion. NOT FACT.

Also HATER, the only thing that makes me reply to you on the subject is that you treat everyone like shit. You want everyone to take your word as the end all be all. If anyone disagree's they are "retarded", or stupid, or don't know what they are talking about, or something negative. We are all fans of the same team. We all want the same thing from our team. So there is absolutely no reason for the HATE. But yet you just keep HATING on anyone who's opinion differs from yours. It's BS man.

Just as I predicted... a million words about nothing (but you're not beating the horse, huh?)...

A million words, and not a SINGLE article, report, etc other than the one quote... Like I said... YOU said you could post more... I KNEW you couldn't...  What's weird is you use this same quote, over and over to prove your point... Without ever thinking that MAYBE... just MAYBE... that was a scripted response, to show that they "were" working together...

I could say I fucked your wife last night... Does that make it true?  So while YOU continue to focus on ONE... OBVIOUSLY EXPECTED statement, I'll continue to fuck your wife (or not, or yes, or who knows)...

Meanwhile, I'll do what you're SUPPOSED to do and put actions together, with words, and more actions, and more words, with opinions of people that KNOW MORE THAN WE DO... and formulate an EDUCATED decision (not opinion, lil man)... Like, if YOU would do, you would see that I actually DID NOT fuck your wife... Get it?  You probably don't... But meh... Oh well.. 

So when Reggie says "Over my dead body"... I guess those aren't facts to you, those aren't his words...  Hmmmmm... Even though it was confirmed by MULTIPLE GMs across the league who reached out...

Or when he says he wanted to resign Mack, but "his hands were tied"... I guess those words of his aren't facts to you either... Even though this was said AFTER he walked away (declining to stay for the rest of the season)... Where no PC or towing the line shit would be necessary...

Or when Gruden said out of his on mouth... "Let's do it" when the Cooper trade came up... nope, not facts either...

I guess the fact that immediately when Gruden was hired, he created and entirely separate scouting department... and during the draft, they had 2 separate draft boards... Gruden's and RM's... Doesn't that kind of TOTALLY contradict your "opinion" of them working "together"... Yea... it does... Find or name any other instance in the history of the NFL where that has happened (you can't)... but yeap... not facts to you...

Or the fact that the last holdout JG dealt with (Kennan McCardel in Tampa) ended up the same way, a trade...

Then of course, there is the ENTIRE NFL COMMUNITY (Media, Players, Coaches, GMs, Analysts, etc) who ALL believe JG has been calling the shots since Day 1... Literally 99.9% (I told you to find me something (else) to refute this... you haven't... because you can't... If I have 1000 pieces of evidence... and you only have 1 (from the supposed culprits)... who do you think would win that case?

You can run with a PC, towing the line comment all you want... I guess you forget we've been hearing this type of shit from the Raiders (and every other NFL team in the universe) since forever...

Why would they SAY... in a PRESSER/INTERVIEW... Anything OTHER than it was a collective decision... You even contradict your shit back to back... On one hand you post the quote where you say they ALL came to the decision... and immediately post a MD quote where he says "It was all Reggie making those deals.."

WHAT

THE

FUCK

:lol:

But the funny thing about all this, is that you routinely try to brush off my "opinion" as if I'm the only one with it...  Hell, even Ghost now knows who's calling all the shots (even though I really thnk he knew this all along) Failing to realize that it is YOUR opinion that is the 1%... and the 99% is that Gruden is (and has been) calling all the shots since Day 1... (Shit, you're even the only one on this thread that seems to think otherwise)...

Hell, Mayock even confirmed it Monday night, (guess you missed that)... Like the dude REALLY went on live TV and announced that he literally POWERLESS in this Organization, when it comes to the roster and personnel... But you parade around talking like I'm "way off" on the matter, when I share the opinion, of agents, players, beat writers, national media, etc, etc... All of which say the same thing... John Gruden has been calling the shots since Day 1...

I asked you to find an article, report, opinion... ANYTHING other than a "day of" quote, where RM gave the most politically correct answer he could, the same day, mind you that Gruden went in a presser saying "Their trying to divide us" yadda, yadda, yadda... No JG, the division came when your first move as HC was to create a totally separate scouting department and draft board...

These are not opinions "lil fella".. These are facts, not alternative, not the minority, but damn near unanimously...

You're trying to have your cake and eat it too, but you can't... It's a simple as this... JG has been calling the shots since Day 1... YOU and Ghost, seem to be the ONLY people on this forum that believe otherwise... But you steadily "try" and call me out like I'm the one holding the short end of the stick...

You're failing... which is why you just posted a million words... damn near all about ME... and added not a single "fact" or evidence to support your argument against anything I've said... You can use the word "hater" all you want... It would help if you knew the actual definition... Them you would realize that the only hater between you and I, is yourself... who constantly follows my comments and posts like a jealous little school girl... Repeating it over and over again, doesn't help you one bit... It just shows you;re irritated because your argument holds no basis...

Like I said, anyone that believes JG hasn't been calling the shots since Day 1, IS retarded (THIS.... is my opinion)... because you're believing something you can not support with a shred of evidence... You can't believe both dude, that's where you're fucking up... Gruden has had final say since Day 1 on roster and personnel... So common sense would tell you, clearly, that JG gave the ultimate OK on the trade... Why?  BECAUSE HE HAD TO!!!! (Duh)...

HE HAS FINAL SAY ON THE ROSTER... (What don't you get about that???)...  HOW THE FUCK WOULD RM HAVE ANY SAY ON A ROSTER HE WON'T (WASN'T) EVEN GOING TO BE HERE FOR???  (What don't you get about that???)

You can google until you're blue in the face,  You can call me a "hater" until your fingers fall off... Shit don't bother me fool... But again... thanks for tagging along and continuing to beat this horse with me...

(P.S - Notice you're the only one on this thread that thinks Gruden isn't (or wasn't) calling all the shots... Hmmmm... But I'M the "hater"... LMAO)

VA,
  Did you ever think Gruden just didn't think Reggie didn't do a good job?  Or maybe Gruden wanted "His Guy" just like Reggie wanted "His Guy" when he fired Hue Jackson. 

Its obvious Mark Davis wanted Gruden calling the Shots.  If Reggie had done a better job Gruden wouldn't have been hired in the first place. 

So far it looks like the rest of the league feels about Reggie the same way Gruden does since he's still out of work and I don't see any rumors about him getting a job any time soon.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 06:35:39 PM »

This is the SAME quote I've mentioned this entire time... Just because you found the SAME QUOTES on different websites, doesn't mean it ain't the SAME SHIT I've been discrediting this entire season, lmao...

Thanks for regurgitating the same thing... It served literally no purpose in this convo...

YES this is the same shit you have been discrediting all season. Thing is, your not discrediting it with any facts. All opinions. But according to you opinions are facts. Especially your own. Must be "alternative facts" huh big guy?

All these quotes were made while Reggie was still a Raider, except for the last MD one... While they were trying to disguise the shit show that was going on in the Front Office (2 separate scouting departments, heat from the Mack trade, etc, etc...)

The MD comment, if you use your common sense... The GM facilitates the deal, genius, that's his job... So perfect PC comment, made AFTER RM wasn't in the building... Have you ever heard an NFL Owner, Coach or GM say they REGRET anything?  LMAO...

Whether Reg was in the building or not doesn't change anything at all. The statements are the same. You can choose to believe them, or you can choose not too. But either way, they are the same. Those are the FACTS! Everything else is an opinion. Reports coming from anyone other than RM, JG, or MD are opinions. Your common sense tells you that JG made the call. Good for you. That doesn't make it fact.

Also, The HC pulls the trigger on whether the deal should be made or not... This might not be common sense to you, because it actually involves knowing how a Football Team operates and the hierarchy in decision making... This has been confirmed... and solidified with the recent Mayock statement... To think this wasn't the case when Gruden was hired... is retarded... (I mean, RM was fired, in season, duh...)

Inflammatory comments like this are another one of your problems. Nobody needs it. And nobody is retarded because you don't agree with them. It really must be hard to be such a hater.

And you call it an "organizational move"... but 1/3 of that "organizational move" was fired mid-season... lol, I can't make this shit up bro... You just make it so easy...

OK, and 3/3 were there when it happened. And 2/3 are still there. And 3/3 have said it was a group decision. I'm not making that shit up either V.

Awww and him must be mad...  The blinded by hate lil quirp, is old bro... ineffective... You guys always like those little passive aggressive personal shots, then bitch and cry like victims when it turns ugly...

How old are you hater? Baby talk doesn't suit you. I'm just callin it like I see it is all. And guess what, I'm not the only one who see's this in you. You always wonder why, I don't.

Run along and exit the thread my guy... Because as I said before, a little common sense would go a long ways here... and you've offered absolutely nothing new to the convo...

P.S. - Weird you say I only believe reports (plural) that fit my opinion... Yet, there's only these 1-2 quotes, in the universe... that oppose the TENS and TENS of reports I've posted on this forum for an entire season... and all you guys do is double back to a quote made the DAY OF THE TRADE... lmao... As if ALL info stopped with THAT quote...

You say you could post more... but meh.... You really can't... *shrugs*  (If so, where were you the ENTIRE SEASON when I was asking for just that)

Really Hater? There are lots and lots of articles stating the exact same thing as these couple articles. I only posted a couple and that's all will do for the likes of a HATER like you.

And for all the TENS and TENS of articles you have posted, none of them are from the men responsible. They are from "reports"and Opinion pieces. That doesn't make it true MR ALTERNATIVE FACTS.

BUT............as I have said before, and I will say again. (And the only reason this pains me is because you are such an ass to everyone) You are probably right. It probably WAS Grudens decision. But until FACTs are out, we only have what these men say. Which means everything you have said on the subject is opinion. NOT FACT.

Also HATER, the only thing that makes me reply to you on the subject is that you treat everyone like shit. You want everyone to take your word as the end all be all. If anyone disagree's they are "retarded", or stupid, or don't know what they are talking about, or something negative. We are all fans of the same team. We all want the same thing from our team. So there is absolutely no reason for the HATE. But yet you just keep HATING on anyone who's opinion differs from yours. It's BS man.

Just as I predicted... a million words about nothing (but you're not beating the horse, huh?)...

A million words, and not a SINGLE article, report, etc other than the one quote... Like I said... YOU said you could post more... I KNEW you couldn't...  What's weird is you use this same quote, over and over to prove your point... Without ever thinking that MAYBE... just MAYBE... that was a scripted response, to show that they "were" working together...

I could say I fucked your wife last night... Does that make it true?  So while YOU continue to focus on ONE... OBVIOUSLY EXPECTED statement, I'll continue to fuck your wife (or not, or yes, or who knows)...

Meanwhile, I'll do what you're SUPPOSED to do and put actions together, with words, and more actions, and more words, with opinions of people that KNOW MORE THAN WE DO... and formulate an EDUCATED decision (not opinion, lil man)... Like, if YOU would do, you would see that I actually DID NOT fuck your wife... Get it?  You probably don't... But meh... Oh well.. 

So when Reggie says "Over my dead body"... I guess those aren't facts to you, those aren't his words...  Hmmmmm... Even though it was confirmed by MULTIPLE GMs across the league who reached out...

Or when he says he wanted to resign Mack, but "his hands were tied"... I guess those words of his aren't facts to you either... Even though this was said AFTER he walked away (declining to stay for the rest of the season)... Where no PC or towing the line shit would be necessary...

Or when Gruden said out of his on mouth... "Let's do it" when the Cooper trade came up... nope, not facts either...

I guess the fact that immediately when Gruden was hired, he created and entirely separate scouting department... and during the draft, they had 2 separate draft boards... Gruden's and RM's... Doesn't that kind of TOTALLY contradict your "opinion" of them working "together"... Yea... it does... Find or name any other instance in the history of the NFL where that has happened (you can't)... but yeap... not facts to you...

Or the fact that the last holdout JG dealt with (Kennan McCardel in Tampa) ended up the same way, a trade...

Then of course, there is the ENTIRE NFL COMMUNITY (Media, Players, Coaches, GMs, Analysts, etc) who ALL believe JG has been calling the shots since Day 1... Literally 99.9% (I told you to find me something (else) to refute this... you haven't... because you can't... If I have 1000 pieces of evidence... and you only have 1 (from the supposed culprits)... who do you think would win that case?

You can run with a PC, towing the line comment all you want... I guess you forget we've been hearing this type of shit from the Raiders (and every other NFL team in the universe) since forever...

Why would they SAY... in a PRESSER/INTERVIEW... Anything OTHER than it was a collective decision... You even contradict your shit back to back... On one hand you post the quote where you say they ALL came to the decision... and immediately post a MD quote where he says "It was all Reggie making those deals.."

WHAT

THE

FUCK

But the funny thing about all this, is that you routinely try to brush off my "opinion" as if I'm the only one with it...  Hell, even Ghost now knows who's calling all the shots (even though I really thnk he knew this all along) Failing to realize that it is YOUR opinion that is the 1%... and the 99% is that Gruden is (and has been) calling all the shots since Day 1... (Shit, you're even the only one on this thread that seems to think otherwise)...

Hell, Mayock even confirmed it Monday night, (guess you missed that)... Like the dude REALLY went on live TV and announced that he literally POWERLESS in this Organization, when it comes to the roster and personnel... But you parade around talking like I'm "way off" on the matter, when I share the opinion, of agents, players, beat writers, national media, etc, etc... All of which say the same thing... John Gruden has been calling the shots since Day 1...

I asked you to find an article, report, opinion... ANYTHING other than a "day of" quote, where RM gave the most politically correct answer he could, the same day, mind you that Gruden went in a presser saying "Their trying to divide us" yadda, yadda, yadda... No JG, the division came when your first move as HC was to create a totally separate scouting department and draft board...

These are not opinions "lil fella".. These are facts, not alternative, not the minority, but damn near unanimously...

You're trying to have your cake and eat it too, but you can't... It's a simple as this... JG has been calling the shots since Day 1... YOU and Ghost, seem to be the ONLY people on this forum that believe otherwise... But you steadily "try" and call me out like I'm the one holding the short end of the stick...

You're failing... which is why you just posted a million words... damn near all about ME... and added not a single "fact" or evidence to support your argument against anything I've said... You can use the word "hater" all you want... It would help if you knew the actual definition... Them you would realize that the only hater between you and I, is yourself... who constantly follows my comments and posts like a jealous little school girl... Repeating it over and over again, doesn't help you one bit... It just shows you;re irritated because your argument holds no basis...

Like I said, anyone that believes JG hasn't been calling the shots since Day 1, IS retarded (THIS.... is my opinion)... because you're believing something you can not support with a shred of evidence... You can't believe both dude, that's where you're fucking up... Gruden has had final say since Day 1 on roster and personnel... So common sense would tell you, clearly, that JG gave the ultimate OK on the trade... Why?  BECAUSE HE HAD TO!!!! (Duh)...

HE HAS FINAL SAY ON THE ROSTER... (What don't you get about that???)...  HOW THE FUCK WOULD RM HAVE ANY SAY ON A ROSTER HE WON'T (WASN'T) EVEN GOING TO BE HERE FOR???  (What don't you get about that???)

You can google until you're blue in the face,  You can call me a "hater" until your fingers fall off... Shit don't bother me fool... But again... thanks for tagging along and continuing to beat this horse with me...

(P.S - Notice you're the only one on this thread that thinks Gruden isn't (or wasn't) calling all the shots... Hmmmm... But I'M the "hater"... LMAO)

VA,
  Did you ever think Gruden just didn't think Reggie didn't do a good job?  Or maybe Gruden wanted "His Guy" just like Reggie wanted "His Guy" when he fired Hue Jackson. 

Its obvious Mark Davis wanted Gruden calling the Shots.  If Reggie had done a better job Gruden wouldn't have been hired in the first place. 

So far it looks like the rest of the league feels about Reggie the same way Gruden does since he's still out of work and I don't see any rumors about him getting a job any time soon.

Not sure what you're talking about, as it pertains to this conversation.  I've never said Gruden wouldn't or shouldn't have his own guy.  I expected it.  But they (MD) did fool us all with the whole "My dream was to have RM and Gruden" bullshit, lol. 

I've even said on another post that if that's what he wanted, he deserved it.  And I respected it.

This has nothing to do with how good/bad a job RM may have done.  So not sure how to respond to all that.  But I will say, you and others here, don't know how to correctly place blame.  Seems like you guys routinely blame Reggie for the responsibilities of coaching. You guys say he didn't sign good FAs or draft picks, but it's funny how his FAs/Draft picks (that remained) were the virtually the ONLY guys making plays this year.

And damn near all the guys Gruden let go, went elsewhere and balled out and/or provided quality depth and relative production on their new teams. 

And last I checked there weren't too many, if any, GM openings this year, mostly HC jobs.  But hey, that could be you confusing HC and GM duties again (joke). So simply saying just because he's not hired right now doesn't mean people feel negatively about him... He could just he chilling...

And RM being let go doesn't mean he did a bad job...  It means Gruden wanted his own guy, but the brainwashed here, don't realize that a HC choosing his GM....IS NOT NORMAL, not is it how a competent NFL franchise operates.  And mind you, RM walked way, after being told her could finish the season... can That says a lot about how things were going here, His right hand man, Player Personnel exec, Clinkscales stopped showing up the day RM left... And he wasn't even fired until last week.....But enough of that...

This thread is about certain people reluctance to concede the fact that JG had been steering this ship since the minute he stepped thru the door.   The includes the Mack trade, and everything before and after...

As if going from one of the youngest teams in the league, to the oldest in one offseason want enough of a sign, Considering Gruden had already had an affinity for veterans and old school guys...  People weren't even keen enough to realize this moves were the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of the strategy RM had had in place for years, to get younger and build through the draft....

And then there's the entire universe of reports, statements, facts from any and everyone NFL related who have said this was his show from the very start...

And lastly, not even smart enough to realize that JG had/has final say on everything, meaning at the end of the day he controlled the outcome of every trade, release, signing, pickup, that played into this horrible 4-12 season... And his dick suckers are to proud to admit it, Even though his choice for "GM" literally admitted it on live television...

Instead, they'd just rather call me a hater... And all other kinds of irrelevant shit, because I'm right.  Lol...

It simply comes down to then not wanting to hold JG accountable for all his terrible decisions that completely sent this team to the shit hole this 2018 season needing a complete rebuild.

They're not even brought enough to realize that HE wanted this rebuild, so HE caters his moves as such to facilitate it...

Common sense...

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 06:40:51 PM by varaider »

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 06:50:35 PM »

“And lastly, not even smart enough to realize that JG had/has final say on everything, meaning at the end of the day he controlled the outcome of every trade, release, signing, pickup, that played into this horrible 4-12 season... And his dick suckers are to proud to admit it, Even though his choice for "GM" literally admitted it on live television...”

Do you know 100% that the shit season might be part of a plan between Mark and Gruden. A plan to completely dump everyone and start from scratch? Minus Carr? I don’t.
Just asking . Is Mark also accountable here?

Again. I knew the second Gruden was hired He Got The Keys to the Car. Not arguing that at all.

You say common sense. But do you really know what goes on behind Vegas Raider closed doors?

Signiture By: 9erHater

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 07:30:24 PM »

“And lastly, not even smart enough to realize that JG had/has final say on everything, meaning at the end of the day he controlled the outcome of every trade, release, signing, pickup, that played into this horrible 4-12 season... And his dick suckers are to proud to admit it, Even though his choice for "GM" literally admitted it on live television...”

Do you know 100% that the shit season might be part of a plan between Mark and Gruden. A plan to completely dump everyone and start from scratch? Minus Carr? I don’t.

Again. I knew the second Gruden was hired He Got The Keys to the Car. Not arguing that at all.

You say common sense. But do you really know what goes on behind Vegas Raider closed doors?

to answer your question, no I don't know 100%. I just know that's exactly what they did. And Mark is always accountable, he's the owner but when it comes to Personnel moves I tend to think that he would defer to Gruden on all of those matters, don't you?  you don't give a coach a 10-year 100 million dollar contract to micromanage him....

and to your last point, that's exactly what I mean by using common sense. No one knows what's going on behind those closed doors oh, but you can look at all the moves and actions taken and put together a pretty solid opinion. One that shared by 99% of the football world.

Another thing that I think people fail to realize is that we don't have a single person in the building (in their expected positions or title) that knows how to facilitate trades, deal with agents, and experience with actually dealing with other general managers in terms of working out trades and shit like that very that's a scary thing. People tend to defer and talk about all these draft picks, but do either of these guys have any experience on what to do with those draft picks? The answer is no.

all I've been saying this entire time is that Jon Gruden is calling the shots, which ultimately means that he had the final say on any and every move that was made. Not Reggie, not Mark not anyone else but Jon Gruden and his vision for what he wanted as a football team.  it doesn't matter whose idea it was to make the trade, it doesn't matter who wanted to trade, it doesn't matter who didn't want to trade, because no matter what the final call came from Jon Gruden.  Period.

The fact that people continue to try and argue this point with me is just ludicrous.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 07:45:57 PM by varaider »

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »

to answer your question, no I don't know 100%. I just know that's exactly what they did. And Mark is always accountable, he's the owner but when it comes to Personnel moves I tend to think that he would defer to Gruden on all of those matters, don't you?  you don't give a coach a 10-year 100 million dollar contract to micromanage him....

and to your last point, that's exactly what I mean by using common sense. No one knows what's going on behind those closed doors oh, but you can look at all the moves and actions taken and put together a pretty solid opinion. One that shared by 99% of the football world.

Another thing that I think people fail to realize is that we don't have a single person in the building (in their expected positions or title) that knows how to facilitate trades, deal with agents, and experience with actually dealing with other general managers in terms of working out trades and shit like that very that's a scary thing. People tend to defer and talk about all these draft picks, but do either of these guys have any experience on what to do with those draft picks? The answer is no.

all I've been saying this entire time is that Jon Gruden is calling the shots, which ultimately means that he had the final say on any and every move that was made. Not Reggie, not Mark not anyone else but Jon Gruden and his vision for what he wanted as a football team.  it doesn't matter whose idea it was to make the trade, it doesn't matter who wanted to trade, it doesn't matter who didn't want to trade, because no matter what the final call came from Jon Gruden.  Period.

The fact that people continue to try and argue this point with me is just ludicrous.

There ain’t no Hate in this response:)

We gotta cross our fingers!!! That’s where I’m at .

Signiture By: 9erHater

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 09:03:17 PM »

And I'm with you brother, 100%

I'm just not one of those fans that think just because it's John("Chucky") Gruden and TV star Mayock that we automatically got this in the bag ,quite the contrary, IMO...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 02:24:01 PM »

WHAT

THE

FUCK

VA,

Found this tweet today...

Scott Winter @Scott_WinterNFL

Regardless of the record, which in his own words he said to be judged by, Reggie left this organization 100% better than when he started. Front office is modernized, Cap space, and contracts give #Raiders fans hope for the future. Plus future draft picks for Mayock and Gruden. https://t.co/zm51sKRL4G

Earl

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 03:37:18 PM »

Regardless of the record, which in his own words he said to be judged by, Reggie left this organization 100% better than when he started. Front office is modernized, Cap space, and contracts give #Raiders fans hope for the future. Plus future draft picks for Mayock and Gruden. https://t.co/zm51sKRL4G

DAMN IT!!! This contradicts everything!!! Big Reg didn't get us those draft picks!! It was over his dead body!! GRU got us those draft picks!!

o;) :o

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 04:11:31 PM »

DAMN IT!!! This contradicts everything!!! Big Reg didn't get us those draft picks!! It was over his dead body!! GRU got us those draft picks!!

o;) :o

Knew you would take the bait... (See... your reply... definition of hater shit, lol)...

He meant that Mayock gets the normalcy of coming into a team with actual draft picks... Hence the period, and not being listed after a comma like the rest...

When RM took the job, we didn't have a 1st. 2nd or 3rd rounder (His first pick was a compensatory pick at the bottom of the 3rd, Tony Bergstrom... Who's started a huge chunk of the last 2-3 season at center for the Redskins...

Nice try tho...

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 05:06:04 PM by varaider »

Earl

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 05:40:37 PM »

Of course you knew it. You know everything hater.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 05:49:39 PM »

Of course you knew it. You know everything hater.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 12:13:23 PM »

WHAT

THE

FUCK

VA,

Not sure what you're talking about, as it pertains to this conversation.  I've never said Gruden wouldn't or shouldn't have his own guy.  I expected it.  But they (MD) did fool us all with the whole "My dream was to have RM and Gruden" bullshit, lol. 

I've even said on another post that if that's what he wanted, he deserved it.  And I respected it.

This has nothing to do with how good/bad a job RM may have done.  So not sure how to respond to all that.  But I will say, you and others here, don't know how to correctly place blame.  Seems like you guys routinely blame Reggie for the responsibilities of coaching. You guys say he didn't sign good FAs or draft picks, but it's funny how his FAs/Draft picks (that remained) were the virtually the ONLY guys making plays this year.

And damn near all the guys Gruden let go, went elsewhere and balled out and/or provided quality depth and relative production on their new teams. 

And last I checked there weren't too many, if any, GM openings this year, mostly HC jobs.  But hey, that could be you confusing HC and GM duties again (joke). So simply saying just because he's not hired right now doesn't mean people feel negatively about him... He could just he chilling...

And RM being let go doesn't mean he did a bad job...  It means Gruden wanted his own guy, but the brainwashed here, don't realize that a HC choosing his GM....IS NOT NORMAL, not is it how a competent NFL franchise operates.  And mind you, RM walked way, after being told her could finish the season... can That says a lot about how things were going here, His right hand man, Player Personnel exec, Clinkscales stopped showing up the day RM left... And he wasn't even fired until last week.....But enough of that...

This thread is about certain people reluctance to concede the fact that JG had been steering this ship since the minute he stepped thru the door.   The includes the Mack trade, and everything before and after...

As if going from one of the youngest teams in the league, to the oldest in one offseason want enough of a sign, Considering Gruden had already had an affinity for veterans and old school guys...  People weren't even keen enough to realize this moves were the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of the strategy RM had had in place for years, to get younger and build through the draft....

And then there's the entire universe of reports, statements, facts from any and everyone NFL related who have said this was his show from the very start...

And lastly, not even smart enough to realize that JG had/has final say on everything, meaning at the end of the day he controlled the outcome of every trade, release, signing, pickup, that played into this horrible 4-12 season... And his dick suckers are to proud to admit it, Even though his choice for "GM" literally admitted it on live television...

Instead, they'd just rather call me a hater... And all other kinds of irrelevant shit, because I'm right.  Lol...

It simply comes down to then not wanting to hold JG accountable for all his terrible decisions that completely sent this team to the shit hole this 2018 season needing a complete rebuild.

They're not even brought enough to realize that HE wanted this rebuild, so HE caters his moves as such to facilitate it...

Common sense...

Anyone with Common Sense would admit that a GM going 36-60 over 6 years is not good enough.  One winning season with 7 last second wins.  Not good enough. 

Was there bad coaching.  Sure,  At the end of the day Gruden wouldn't have been hired if Reggie had done a better job.  You are right.  Reggie should have been fired with Del Rio.

Prior to getting fired did Reggie ever publicly say he didn't agree with any of the moves.  Remember Reggie was fired he did not resign.  If he thought Jon was making horrible decisions that would reflect on him he should have resigned.  After all his title was GM.  Its too late now for him to say he wasn't on board.

I don't look at Mayok like a General Manager.  I look at it like Jon picked a top Scout and administrative assistant or assistant GM.  Mayok would never have left the NFL Network just to be a scout and Jon wasn't going to find anyone to take the GM spot and report to him.  I don't see the difference between Jon picking his GM or Mike Shanahan, Bill Parcels, Bill Belecheck all holding both positions.  All of these coaches were either named or acted as GM's but have/had other staff to assist them. 

I agree with you that Jon has been calling the shots since day one.  I'm glad he has.  This is what rebuilding a shit roster/organization looks like.

Its not just that Jon loves Vets.  He had to sign older players to short term deals to field a team while developing the few good younger players he inherited. 

4-12 this season was not a failure it should have been expected.  Even with all of Reggie roster last season we only won 2 more games. (That should tell you something VA)  If we are 4-12 our first year in Vegas that will be a failure.  Next season will be rough as well but I could see signs of this team getting better over the last half of this season and I expect to see that progress continue into next year.

Of course if we have to play in a stadium with no home field advantage it could cost us some games.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 12:23:40 PM »

'

Denver media is jealous of how the Raiders are rebuilding right now.  Mark Schlereth said on Denver Radio yesterday that privately Gruden admitted to him that they are tearing the team down so they can build it the right way.  They have even started giving credit to Jon for trading Mack and Cooper to gain draft capitol and not have to mortgage the future on players who weren't making enough of a difference to get wins. 

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 12:27:51 PM »

And I'm with you brother, 100%

I'm just not one of those fans that think just because it's John("Chucky") Gruden and TV star Mayock that we automatically got this in the bag ,quite the contrary, IMO...

Dude were all Raider Fans.  We know nothing is ever in the "Bag".  We all lived through New England years ago and then again in the Super Bowl against the Buc's.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.