RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: It's obvious that Carr needs to go  (Read 3508 times)

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
Re: It's obvious that Carr needs to go
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2019, 04:21:38 PM »

I'll tell what, you heard it here first: IF Kyler Murray does as well as I think he will do at the combine, he will be considered a number one pick in the Draft and could be gone even before us at 4.  If he is still there at 4, I would not be surprised if we took him... he is that talented.  Hey, everybody laughed at Andy Reid trading up his first pick to take Mahomes with Alex Smith on the rooster.... who's laughing now?  Just sayin'
I would be furious.  Lol I know the kids electric.  If we passed on cant miss Pass rushers to pick a 5 foot nothing qb .  I might just die lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm not endorsing such a pick... I'm just throwing it out there.  If you take the Reid /Mahomes example, Murray would come in for a year and learn the system under Carr, then next year, we would trade Carr and promote Murray.  I personally would not do it since we have many more holes than a QB... especially on the D.  Again, I'm just throwing it out there.

BTW, If for some reason the Murray makes it to pick 24, I wouldn't be too mad if we picked him there... just sayin'
I dont know.  If we traded someone and got another pick.  This isn't a carr referance.  Then maybe.  But man seriously we need these three to be defensive.  No bullshit
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2019, 04:25:24 PM »

Carr is nothing more than what we've already seen...

We've seen the best of him... and the worst of him...

Inconsistency is the #1 killer of Franchise QBs... and right now, he's as inconsistent as they come...

He definitely needs to be on the Hot Seat, now that his salary is guaranteed and we're stuck with him...

Matthew Stafford 2.0 or?

Why are you criticizing Stafford like that, what did he ever do to you?
carrs actually a good qb.  But bbn we need to use his value to build this team.  We can pick up other serviceable QBs through free agency.  And then draft another.  It just makes sense.  We wanna get better faster.  This is how.  The more cheap talent we have the more we can spend on fa's. The goal I'm assuming is to build a co bbn pmetely new team for Las Vegas.  And now that I'm thinking on it a guy like this Murray would bring lots of excitement.  But I'm afraid ot would be fools gold ala RG3

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • OWNER
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2019, 05:57:12 PM »

Hey Otis! You much you want to bet that Carr will be the starting QB to start the season???
I dont bet bro.  Work to hard for my money
I work hard for mine too! I'm just more confident in saying Carr will be my QB starting  in week 1.

You must have not much saying Carr wont.. If I'm wrong bro I'll gladly have a pizza and some beer coming your way.

And vise versa.. You down??

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2019, 06:24:10 PM »

I'll tell what, you heard it here first: IF Kyler Murray does as well as I think he will do at the combine, he will be considered a number one pick in the Draft and could be gone even before us at 4.  If he is still there at 4, I would not be surprised if we took him... he is that talented.  Hey, everybody laughed at Andy Reid trading up his first pick to take Mahomes with Alex Smith on the rooster.... who's laughing now?  Just sayin'

Just last week, you said picking him early worried you and had you rethinking some things... Why the change of heart?  You know something we don't know?  Lol

If we draft a QB, IMO, it needs to be with the 27th or 2nd rounder... and ONLY Kyler or Haskins if either is still there...

Those 1st two picks are to important...

Now if we trade Carr... then of course... but not with how our draft stands now...

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
  • Commitment to Excellence
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2019, 06:49:00 AM »

Kyler may be the next Russel Wilson, but his height scares me. He may be listed as 5' 10', but he's 5'8". That's tough to play QB when your lineman are  usually 6'2" to 6'6". I'm sure he'll make some spectacular plays, but how many plays will he not make because there's not a throwing window that wouldn't affect a taller passer.

I'm not saying he can't be good, but it adds a factor of risk when picking an already risky position and using a pick that high. All our picks need to be impact players with our 3 first rounders.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2019, 12:01:29 PM »

Kyler may be the next Russel Wilson, but his height scares me. He may be listed as 5' 10', but he's 5'8". That's tough to play QB when your lineman are  usually 6'2" to 6'6". I'm sure he'll make some spectacular plays, but how many plays will he not make because there's not a throwing window that wouldn't affect a taller passer.

I'm not saying he can't be good, but it adds a factor of risk when picking an already risky position and using a pick that high. All our picks need to be impact players with our 3 first rounders.

Agreed, that's why I say if we are getting a QB, I'd prefer it be Haskins at 27 or the 2nd round... IF he's available, if not... oh well... There's always Tua next year, lol...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2019, 02:02:08 PM »

Hey Otis! You much you want to bet that Carr will be the starting QB to start the season???
I dont bet bro.  Work to hard for my money
I work hard for mine too! I'm just more confident in saying Carr will be my QB starting  in week 1.

You must have not much saying Carr wont.. If I'm wrong bro I'll gladly have a pizza and some beer coming your way.

And vise versa.. You down??
Hahaha fuck it.  At least we can have some fun with it.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2019, 02:05:48 PM »

that last sentence u just said times 100.  Yes .  I would add one caveat  personally.  On defense.  And of course impact ina good way lol

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2019, 02:07:02 PM »

Agreed, that's why I say if we are getting a QB, I'd prefer it be Haskins at 27 or the 2nd round... IF he's available, if not... oh well... There's always Tua next year, lol...
I'm shooting for next year personally.  Anybody we would want will be gone by the time were comfortable picking them.

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2019, 03:55:26 PM »

I hate too close the door on somebody that could be special, but 5'11" I could gamble on, I can't go there at 5'8" and I don't feel great saying it, but I just don't think it will work at that size. I thought, what if you got shorter lineman, but that just allows bigger d lineman to knock balls down. I don't see his success translating to the NFL. Wish him the best though.

Next year's class of qb's is better quality and deeper.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2019, 04:01:29 PM »

I hate too close the door on somebody that could be special, but 5'11" I could gamble on, I can't go there at 5'8" and I don't feel great saying it, but I just don't think it will work at that size. I thought, what if you got shorter lineman, but that just allows bigger d lineman to knock balls down. I don't see his success translating to the NFL. Wish him the best though.

Next year's class of qb's is better quality and deeper.

I saw a stat on twitter saying he only had 5 batted balls all season...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:09:11 PM by varaider »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2019, 04:08:39 PM »

Found it...

Sam Monson @PFF_Sam

Kyler Murray had 5 passes batted down last season.

Daniel Jones (6'5) had 12.
Drew Lock (6'4) had 8
Will Grier (6'1) had 1
Dwayne Haskins (6'3) also had 5

Batted passes isn't connected with QB height, statistically.

6'6 Joe Flacco led the NFL in BP rate last season.

12:11 PM - 12 Feb 2019

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2019, 06:36:11 PM »

This is my guy...

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2019, 06:47:00 PM »

Found it...

Sam Monson @PFF_Sam

Kyler Murray had 5 passes batted down last season.

Daniel Jones (6'5) had 12.
Drew Lock (6'4) had 8
Will Grier (6'1) had 1
Dwayne Haskins (6'3) also had 5

Batted passes isn't connected with QB height, statistically.

6'6 Joe Flacco led the NFL in BP rate last season.

12:11 PM - 12 Feb 2019

That's pretty good, he was out of the pocket a lot though in that Oklahoma offense. I'm also scared of him running and getting a serious jury and losing our franchise QB.

After thinking about a lot of our options, I think I'd stick with Carr for next year. I'm curious to see if him and the whole offense is any better in year two.

The one

• HOF Member
  • "The only easy day was yesterday"
« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2019, 07:11:26 PM »

Nope. I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling about a 5'8" QB running an NFL offense running against NFL defenses. I want a guy that can stand tall in the pocket and have the mental aptitude to make pre snap reads and manipulate the defense and make the proper throws and reads. Should he have enough athleticism to move around and scramble when needed? Sure, but these small QB that play at the college level like it's a video game? We have seen that story too many times. I'll pass. Not every small dude that can make plays in college is going to be the new P McHolmes.
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.”   ? Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 23 queries.