RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: It's obvious that Carr needs to go  (Read 3512 times)

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
Re: It's obvious that Carr needs to go
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2019, 10:23:15 AM »

This makes a lot of sense. All we have to do is draft several Mack caliber players. Hopefully the rest of the league doesn't find out what were trying to do
lol agreed.  Roflol but the defe dive talent is there to be taken.  The best defensive In 20 years.  Play to the strength of the draft.  We want game changers pull from where the talents the deepest.

Which makes dumping our QB the wrong move. There may not be a stud QB in this draft and you sure can't count on one being there late in the first round.

And it's kinda foolish to think we can draft a few 'Mack caliber' players in any draft. IMO, he was a once in a generation type player. They don't grow on trees.
you misunderstand me.  I do not t want a stud qb this year.  And dominant defensive players can be found in every draft.  Lol how good was our defense with that once in a generation player?  Stop drinking the coolaid.  Psst and calling Carr a stud is a bit of an overstatement no lmao?

If you don't have a decent (or a stud) QB it doesn't matter how good your defense is. And building a good defense is easier than finding a QB. IMO, I would keep Carr and use the top picks on the holes in defense and the use FA to repair the O-line.
we have two first round picks next year.  Personally I'd trade carr.  Get another high pick.  Build this defense.  And next year when  a better batch of QBs come out.  Get grudens guy then. Play to the strength of the draft it just makes sense.  And the whole adage that it's super hard to find good QBs is an outdated thought.  Good QBs are coming out all the time.  There would be more except for.shit teams like Cleveland who go.through QBs almost every other year.  And let's be honest it doesn't matter who they draft.  It's a terrible organization with terrible facilities.....a breeding ground for bad football.  If you took the lower echelon teams that are qb black holes out of the stats I wonder how the figures would look.  How many times do those shit teams take a qb good at certain things and put him in a system hes never going to fit in.  Or not put them behind a line that will protect them.  There is a lot of things that go Into make a qb productive.  Just like QBs get all the praise when things go well they also get the blame when they dont.  How many QBs are stuck with bad coaching or get caught in front office politics... all I'm getting at is this.  We need a team not a couple players.  We need to get the best available players and the most of them we can.  Carrs reputation will be dragged through the mud during this rebuild.  And at the end when were amidst year three of losing we may very well cut him.  Better to trade him now and get what we can for him.  We have the chance to get another impact player for him in this draft.  Dumping that contract will help with FA's.  Or we can ride his rep Into the dirt and get no value back for him.  If your under the impression were gonna be a winning team soon then you are sadly mistaken.  Honestly it's not fair to Carr to keep him either.  I like the guy but I can see the writing on the walls bro.  Wake up this is a rebuild.  Bring on the draft let's do this
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2019, 10:27:01 AM »

I've never said he's a  bad quarterback.  Quite the opposite actually.  I just think having carr right now doesn't make sense.  Our offensive lines ok n the decline.  No weapons in the middle of a rebuild.  Why do you need a piece with that large of a price tag.  When. You can trade him.  Get an immediate impact player of defense on the cheap.  It just makes sense

It makes sense to keep Carr because finding a good NFL QB is pretty fucking hard. And for us it has been once a decade hard. So, why trade a good (and if protected and with weapons a great) QB, rebuild the line and the defense and then have nobody who can take advantage of these gifts?

Now, if somebody blows you away with an offer, you ask for more and if they throw in another 1st rounder you pull the trigger. You don't blink and take your initial asking price like we did with Mack.
I like carr I think he's good.  That's why I trade him instead of cutting him.  He lost the team.  This team imploded under his watch.  I said it when it happened.  They all needed t ok go.  That's why I originally started this thought.  But honestly good QBs are coming out of college all the time these days.  And Carr I definetly good
  I dont know I'd hes great.  If I can get a high first rounder this year for him hes gone.  Period.  I would venture that there are more good QBs in this league vs defenses.  So if we can get a legit defense out of this draft..all in boys and girls.  And if we end up drafting several mack caliber players... shit.  This team it sucks.....reboot the God damned thing.  We have so many holes we can literally play yo the strengths of the draft a
And have higher chances of hitting big.  I'm all.about it.  You still like him.  You think he succeeded when the odds were stacked against him?  You think he's a good dude?  You think he'd make. Good face to your franchise.  Good that's why you trade him because if you watch all his games and still think that then your not the only one.  Get the defe e this year.

Car lost this team.  Doesn't mean hell lose the next one.  Car IS injury prone.  He already has a back.  Carr has terrible pocket awareness.  That usually doesn't lead to a prolonged career.  Carr get happy feet and cant stand in the face of a pass rush without falling apart.  And who can blame hi. He got his ass smashed.  But if he had better pocket awareness would that have happened?  I would venture to say that a lot of good QBs could look the way carr did playing behind that line(when they were playing well) before he lost the team.  So I would simply say.  Get what you can for him and roll the dice on another guy who's not got a back who's not costing us 25 mill a year and build your defense.  Because if you willing yo buddy bet carr can rebound  then other gems are willing to be as well.

Exactly what team did Carr lose?  Gruden cut everyone but Carr.  The entire team last season was either on 1 or 2 year deals or rookies. 

Carr is still a top QB talent in the league and can easily be top 5 if this team is built correctly.  You can't look at the roster last season and blame Carr.

I think he might have finally grown up.
then he needs to finish his job.  Draft day trade bro.  Watch out it's going to happen.   Were in rebuild mode.  And say what you want about big red but he set us up well for this.  How many teams in full rebuild mode keep players with contracts that size.  I'm shaking the magic 8 ball and it says trade. 

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2019, 10:34:18 AM »

Remember the beginning of this fucking terrible year.  I said this teams a disgrace.  That they weren't good enough.  Remember I was losing my shit.  And you were all still drinking your koolaid.  Here we are again.  I'm telling you.  Argue with me if you like.  The writings on the wall.  And if it doesn't happen  it needs to.  What I fear most in this draft.  Is Carr being traded and Gruden drafting another QB in the first round of this year.  But that I hope will be curtailed by our new gm who knows damned well the group coming out next year is far better qb talent wise.  So build the fucking defense this year adress the fucking offense next year.  Plus you give the current group of offensive players In year two of Grudens offense a chance to improve.  Maybe we can salvage one or  two of them.  That's best case scenario as I can see it.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2019, 12:39:37 PM »

This makes a lot of sense. All we have to do is draft several Mack caliber players. Hopefully the rest of the league doesn't find out what were trying to do
lol agreed.  Roflol but the defe dive talent is there to be taken.  The best defensive In 20 years.  Play to the strength of the draft.  We want game changers pull from where the talents the deepest.

Which makes dumping our QB the wrong move. There may not be a stud QB in this draft and you sure can't count on one being there late in the first round.

And it's kinda foolish to think we can draft a few 'Mack caliber' players in any draft. IMO, he was a once in a generation type player. They don't grow on trees.
you misunderstand me.  I do not t want a stud qb this year.  And dominant defensive players can be found in every draft.  Lol how good was our defense with that once in a generation player?  Stop drinking the coolaid.  Psst and calling Carr a stud is a bit of an overstatement no lmao?

If you don't have a decent (or a stud) QB it doesn't matter how good your defense is. And building a good defense is easier than finding a QB. IMO, I would keep Carr and use the top picks on the holes in defense and the use FA to repair the O-line.
we have two first round picks next year.  Personally I'd trade carr.  Get another high pick.  Build this defense.  And next year when  a better batch of QBs come out.  Get grudens guy then. Play to the strength of the draft it just makes sense.  And the whole adage that it's super hard to find good QBs is an outdated thought.  Good QBs are coming out all the time.  There would be more except for.shit teams like Cleveland who go.through QBs almost every other year.  And let's be honest it doesn't matter who they draft.  It's a terrible organization with terrible facilities.....a breeding ground for bad football.  If you took the lower echelon teams that are qb black holes out of the stats I wonder how the figures would look.  How many times do those shit teams take a qb good at certain things and put him in a system hes never going to fit in.  Or not put them behind a line that will protect them.  There is a lot of things that go Into make a qb productive.  Just like QBs get all the praise when things go well they also get the blame when they dont.  How many QBs are stuck with bad coaching or get caught in front office politics... all I'm getting at is this.  We need a team not a couple players.  We need to get the best available players and the most of them we can.  Carrs reputation will be dragged through the mud during this rebuild.  And at the end when were amidst year three of losing we may very well cut him.  Better to trade him now and get what we can for him.  We have the chance to get another impact player for him in this draft.  Dumping that contract will help with FA's.  Or we can ride his rep Into the dirt and get no value back for him.  If your under the impression were gonna be a winning team soon then you are sadly mistaken.  Honestly it's not fair to Carr to keep him either.  I like the guy but I can see the writing on the walls bro.  Wake up this is a rebuild.  Bring on the draft let's do this

Some would say The Raiders are a Black Hole for QBs... So might as well keep the best one we've had in a while...

I honestly wouldn't be shocked, angry or surprised if Carr got traded... as long as we get Haskins or Tua this year or next...

But one thing you routinely leave out... For a trade to happen, it takes 2 teams... Someone has to be willing to pay for Carr (both in trade compensation AND his high dollar contract)... And after his last 2 seasons, it's gonna be pretty hard for someone to give up a 1st (especially a TOP 10 pick) for the kid...

So then it becomes, as simple as... would it be WORTH vacating the most important position on the field, for a 2nd or 3rd round pick... Especially when he's literally the ONLY Quarterback with a contract on our roster once FA hits...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2019, 12:42:35 PM »

Remember the beginning of this fucking terrible year.  I said this teams a disgrace.  That they weren't good enough.  Remember I was losing my shit.  And you were all still drinking your koolaid.  Here we are again.  I'm telling you.  Argue with me if you like.  The writings on the wall.  And if it doesn't happen  it needs to.  What I fear most in this draft.  Is Carr being traded and Gruden drafting another QB in the first round of this year.  But that I hope will be curtailed by our new gm who knows damned well the group coming out next year is far better qb talent wise.  So build the fucking defense this year adress the fucking offense next year.  Plus you give the current group of offensive players In year two of Grudens offense a chance to improve.  Maybe we can salvage one or  two of them.  That's best case scenario as I can see it.

I wasn't drinking any KoolAid, lol...

And I think Haskins can be very good...

Murray is too high risk/high reward for me... Haskins just seems like the safer, ready to play right now, choice to me...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2019, 08:47:12 PM »

Some would say The Raiders are a Black Hole for QBs... So might as well keep the best one we've had in a while...

I honestly wouldn't be shocked, angry or surprised if Carr got traded... as long as we get Haskins or Tua this year or next...

But one thing you routinely leave out... For a trade to happen, it takes 2 teams... Someone has to be willing to pay for Carr (both in trade compensation AND his high dollar contract)... And after his last 2 seasons, it's gonna be pretty hard for someone to give up a 1st (especially a TOP 10 pick) for the kid...

So then it becomes, as simple as... would it be WORTH vacating the most important position on the field, for a 2nd or 3rd round pick... Especially when he's literally the ONLY Quarterback with a contract on our roster once FA hits...
that's easy if someone trades up fo get haskins before the giants.  That makes carr the best available option.   And the giants aren't afraid to  spend.  And that's just one option.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2019, 08:48:13 PM »

Murray is too high risk/high reward for me... Haskins just seems like the safer, ready to play right now, choice to me...
I'm rooting for a teddy B stop gap and drafting our qb next year

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2019, 06:11:41 AM »

Teddy B may end up here in Washington...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2019, 09:04:14 AM »

Teddy B may end up here in Washington...
well iTunes what it is.  The NFL is flooded with talented guys labeled back up.  All dude has to do is make it through one season and try not to die

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • OWNER
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2019, 01:24:38 PM »

Hey Otis! You much you want to bet that Carr will be the starting QB to start the season???

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2019, 02:38:11 AM »

Hey Otis! You much you want to bet that Carr will be the starting QB to start the season???
I dont bet bro.  Work to hard for my money

ghostmech

• HOF Member
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2019, 07:57:39 AM »

I'll tell what, you heard it here first: IF Kyler Murray does as well as I think he will do at the combine, he will be considered a number one pick in the Draft and could be gone even before us at 4.  If he is still there at 4, I would not be surprised if we took him... he is that talented.  Hey, everybody laughed at Andy Reid trading up his first pick to take Mahomes with Alex Smith on the rooster.... who's laughing now?  Just sayin'
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:01:08 AM by ghostmech »

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2019, 08:04:36 AM »

I'll tell what, you heard it here first: IF Kyler Murray does as well as I think he will do at the combine, he will be considered a number one pick in the Draft and could be gone even before us at 4.  If he is still there at 4, I would not be surprised if we took him... he is that talented.  Hey, everybody laughed at Andy Reid trading up his first pick to take Mahomes with Alex Smith on the rooster.... who's laughing now?  Just sayin'
I would be furious.  Lol I know the kids electric.  If we passed on cant miss Pass rushers to pick a 5 foot nothing qb .  I might just die lol

ghostmech

• HOF Member
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2019, 08:59:11 AM »

I would be furious.  Lol I know the kids electric.  If we passed on cant miss Pass rushers to pick a 5 foot nothing qb .  I might just die lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm not endorsing such a pick... I'm just throwing it out there.  If you take the Reid /Mahomes example, Murray would come in for a year and learn the system under Carr, then next year, we would trade Carr and promote Murray.  I personally would not do it since we have many more holes than a QB... especially on the D.  Again, I'm just throwing it out there.

BTW, If for some reason the Murray makes it to pick 24, I wouldn't be too mad if we picked him there... just sayin'

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
  • Commitment to Excellence
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »

Carr is nothing more than what we've already seen...

We've seen the best of him... and the worst of him...

Inconsistency is the #1 killer of Franchise QBs... and right now, he's as inconsistent as they come...

He definitely needs to be on the Hot Seat, now that his salary is guaranteed and we're stuck with him...

Matthew Stafford 2.0 or?

Why are you criticizing Stafford like that, what did he ever do to you?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.