RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last night showed why me ( and Bill Musgrave) were right ....  (Read 91 times)

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
Last night showed why me ( and Bill Musgrave) were right ....
« on: December 07, 2018, 09:28:24 AM »

.... and all the other BS in the 2016 draft was wrong.  Anyone here for the last few years know I wanted Derrick Henry (instead we picked Joseph) with our first pick and then had a chance to get Henry again in the second round....but apparently the Raider's brain trust (with RM and NOT Jon Gruden) picked Jihad Ward instead (dude isn't even on the team anymore.)  Henry was a no brainer, a Heisman Trophy winner, fast, large  elusive and powerful.  When he fell to the 2nd round I thought for sure we would take him .....nope, another stupid RM/JDR pick amongst many.

Yeah I'm still pissed off when I see the dude have a night like that  >:(     

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
Re: Last night showed why me ( and Bill Musgrave) were right ....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 10:35:09 AM »

.... and all the other BS in the 2016 draft was wrong.  Anyone here for the last few years know I wanted Derrick Henry (instead we picked Joseph) with our first pick and then had a chance to get Henry again in the second round....but apparently the Raider's brain trust (with RM and NOT Jon Gruden) picked Jihad Ward instead (dude isn't even on the team anymore.)  Henry was a no brainer, a Heisman Trophy winner, fast, large  elusive and powerful.  When he fell to the 2nd round I thought for sure we would take him .....nope, another stupid RM/JDR pick amongst many.

Yeah I'm still pissed off when I see the dude have a night like that  >:(   

This. I felt the same watching last night

Signiture By: 9erHater

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 10:59:28 AM »

Congrats to him having ONE awesome game, that was phenomenal to watch... That doesn't mean anyone was right or wrong.... Last I checked, Joseph has been balling his ass off lately...

Where was all this the last 3 years?  You're talking like he's been like this all year, or all career... Before last night, he hadn't eclipsed more than 58 yards in a game all season... Had only two games over 100 yards in 2017... No game over 60 yards in 2016...

Whoa Kimosabe... Titans own the Jags, haven't lost to em since 2016... swept em 2 years straight with that "vaunted" defense...

And right now, we definitely need a safety more than we need an average RB...

Not to mention, Gruden has always been a RB by committee guy...

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 11:08:29 AM »

One thing worse then being a Raider fan in 2018

Being a Jag fan. Talk about rise and fall?

Jags were a few plays away from the SB last year.

Now back to the Mech v VA show:)))

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 11:11:51 AM »

Not a show, lol...

But cmon now, Derrick Henry has been an average back at BEST his entire NFL career... Let's not crown him Walter Payton after one game against a flailing team...

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 11:20:31 AM »

Not a show, lol...

But cmon now, Derrick Henry has been an average back at BEST his entire NFL career... Let's not crown him Walter Payton after one game against a flailing team...

To be honest. That’s first time I’ve heard that name in years.
And Yes, joesph is balling now

I just need to complain😎

az raider

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 11:32:22 AM »

Congrats to him having ONE awesome game, that was phenomenal to watch... That doesn't mean anyone was right or wrong.... Last I checked, Joseph has been balling his ass off lately...

Where was all this the last 3 years?  You're talking like he's been like this all year, or all career... Before last night, he hadn't eclipsed more than 58 yards in a game all season... Had only two games over 100 yards in 2017... No game over 60 yards in 2016...

Whoa Kimosabe... Titans own the Jags, haven't lost to em since 2016... swept em 2 years straight with that "vaunted" defense...

And right now, we definitely need a safety more than we need an average RB...

Not to mention, Gruden has always been a RB by committee guy...
This.

Joseph has been playing on fire lately.....hard hitting.  It’s about time.  I all but wrote that guy off earlier in the year.

And screw Henry!  I cut his ass on my fantasy team then the bum goes out and has a game!

That guy has one good game a year! 
if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 11:41:52 AM »

Henry reminds me of Thomas Jones in his Jets days... for him to be effective, he needs like 30+ carries a game... And I don't think that fits into Gruden's style of play...

Not a knock on GM, for/or wanting to pick him, I would have been happy (then) had we picked him, even though I really liked Murray... But I think Joseph will be good (if continued to be used properly) and safety is much bigger need right now, even though we still don't have a true #1 RB...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.