RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 DRAFT THREAD  (Read 551 times)

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 DRAFT THREAD
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 02:19:55 PM »

I know we will pick one of the top EDGE/DTs at #4... that's a given unless some kind of crazy trade deal is made. 

Knowing how high Jon is on Murray and how many mocks have Kyler going late 1st round, I can see Gruden taking him at 24 or 27 and taking the guy teams like the Pats may want.  Murray is a very interesting player.... probably the best athlete in the this Draft (considering running, passing ability and football intelect).  He would give us some unique options offensively with Carr as the main QB and Murray a jack of all trades.  Just a thought.

Slash👍

Signiture By: 9erHater

B.C.RAIDERS4life

• All Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2019, 02:44:39 AM »

At this point I'm not in the camp of taking DT which I've seen in several mocks. We just took Maurice and PJ so going DT again is not where we need the pressure. We need a DE and it should be with the first pick, plenty of talent still there at 4.

For that reason is why I think we grab a FA DT instead of a DT early in the draft...  I read somewhere that was Gruden's plan, a vet to pair with Hurst and Hall...  And I assume Ellis will be back, he was at the Vegas Training Facility groundbreaking last week, him, Carr and Whitehead... So for DT,  I think Atkins is in play, the Bucs are expected to release him... and we just hired his Bucs DL coach as our DL coach...He may address the secondary in Free Agency, with a vet like say, Earl Thomas or a tweener like Landon Collins... He likes Worley already... Joseph looks like he'll pan out...

We can't ignore that Gruden is an offensive guy... So that urge for a playmaker, i.e Murray, Brown, Harry, etc... is gonna be chomping away at him... 

I think we go edge rusher at 4, and with the next 3 (in no particular order)  WR/Defense/QB or WR/Defense/WR (yep 2 WRs, imagine if any combo of Hollywood, AJ Brown and Harry are available in those 3 picks, hard to pass that up, considering we have ZERO WR threats right now)...

Like he even said in the presser... Mahomes, even when the defense does their job, makes plays that shouldn't be made... So I think we might go a little harder on Offense... and use precision on the defense... But no doubt one of these elite edge rushers needs to be the 1st pick...

Atkins played with Gunther if I'm not mistaken so another vet in the middle that knows the scheme would be good to pair with PF and Hurst. Jelly seems to be making some plays. I liked what I saw out of Hankins and McDonald sparingly, they were tough players that shut the run down and made some plays. 

I don't think we go Earl Thomas, too much cash this stage of his career. With Joseph playing better a Collins would be a better fit cap wise.

VA you think 2 rookie WR?.. that would be a tall order, Gruden likes the vets, always has so more likely DE, WR and best player available for the 3rd. Antonio Brown Wishlist would be amazing, perhaps an early second pick could get it done then we could use the second first rounder on MLB like White. 

I saw a potential early QB in your post? I have not entertained Gruden actually going for a QB with Carr on the roster, at least not in the first 2-3 rounds. It would send a clear message to the franchise QB he is on watch list, Carr might be too fragile to take that pressure at this time. The media and pressure seems to be getting the best of him and Gruden has been having a bromance with Carr last half of the season points otherwise. A solid vet would be a better option if available.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Raiders Mock Draft Tracker
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2019, 08:11:36 PM »

https://www.raiders.com/news/oakland-raiders-2019-mock-draft-tracker-2-0?sf206853351=1

CBS Sports (Chris Trapasso)   
No. 4   DT, Quinnen Williams   Alabama   1/18/19
No. 24   LB, Devin White   LSU   1/18/19
No. 27   WR, Kelvin Harmon   N.C. State   1/18/19

CBS Sports (Ryan Wilson)   
No. 4   DE, Clelin Ferrell   Alabama   1/21/19
No. 24   WR, Kelvin Harmon   N.C. State   1/21/19
No. 27   RB, Josh Jacobs   Alabama   1/21/19

The Athletic (Dane Brugler)   
No. 4   EDGE, Josh Allen   Kentucky   1/9/19
No. 24   WR, D.K. Metcalf   Ole Miss   1/9/19
No. 27   RB, Josh Jacobs   Alabama   1/9/19

Walter Football   
No. 4   DE, Rashan Gary   Michigan   1/24/19
No. 24   OLB, Montez Sweat   Mississippi State   1/24/19
No. 27   S, Johnathan Abram   Mississippi State   1/24/19

SB Nation (Dan Kadar)   
No. 4   DT, Quinnen Williams   Alabama   1/28/19
No. 24   LB, Devin Bush   Michigan   1/28/19
No. 27   DE, Zach Allen   Boston College   1/28/19

NFL Network (Bucky Brooks)   
No. 4   DE, Rashan Gary   Michigan   1/25/19
No. 24   WR, Kelvin Harmon   N.C. State   1/25/19
No. 27   DT, Jefferey Simmons   Mississippi State   1/25/19

NFL Network (Daniel Jeremiah)   
No. 4   DT, Quinnen Williams   Alabama   1/23/19
No. 24   DE, Jaylon Ferguson   Louisiana Tech   1/23/19
No. 27   CB, Trayvon Mullen   Clemson   1/23/19

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2019, 11:58:13 PM »

At this point I'm not in the camp of taking DT which I've seen in several mocks. We just took Maurice and PJ so going DT again is not where we need the pressure. We need a DE and it should be with the first pick, plenty of talent still there at 4.

For that reason is why I think we grab a FA DT instead of a DT early in the draft...  I read somewhere that was Gruden's plan, a vet to pair with Hurst and Hall...  And I assume Ellis will be back, he was at the Vegas Training Facility groundbreaking last week, him, Carr and Whitehead... So for DT,  I think Atkins is in play, the Bucs are expected to release him... and we just hired his Bucs DL coach as our DL coach...He may address the secondary in Free Agency, with a vet like say, Earl Thomas or a tweener like Landon Collins... He likes Worley already... Joseph looks like he'll pan out...

We can't ignore that Gruden is an offensive guy... So that urge for a playmaker, i.e Murray, Brown, Harry, etc... is gonna be chomping away at him... 

I think we go edge rusher at 4, and with the next 3 (in no particular order)  WR/Defense/QB or WR/Defense/WR (yep 2 WRs, imagine if any combo of Hollywood, AJ Brown and Harry are available in those 3 picks, hard to pass that up, considering we have ZERO WR threats right now)...

Like he even said in the presser... Mahomes, even when the defense does their job, makes plays that shouldn't be made... So I think we might go a little harder on Offense... and use precision on the defense... But no doubt one of these elite edge rushers needs to be the 1st pick...

Atkins played with Gunther if I'm not mistaken so another vet in the middle that knows the scheme would be good to pair with PF and Hurst. Jelly seems to be making some plays. I liked what I saw out of Hankins and McDonald sparingly, they were tough players that shut the run down and made some plays. 

I don't think we go Earl Thomas, too much cash this stage of his career. With Joseph playing better a Collins would be a better fit cap wise.

VA you think 2 rookie WR?.. that would be a tall order, Gruden likes the vets, always has so more likely DE, WR and best player available for the 3rd. Antonio Brown Wishlist would be amazing, perhaps an early second pick could get it done then we could use the second first rounder on MLB like White. 

I saw a potential early QB in your post? I have not entertained Gruden actually going for a QB with Carr on the roster, at least not in the first 2-3 rounds. It would send a clear message to the franchise QB he is on watch list, Carr might be too fragile to take that pressure at this time. The media and pressure seems to be getting the best of him and Gruden has been having a bromance with Carr last half of the season points otherwise. A solid vet would be a better option if available.

Apologies, I always (like ALWAYS) get Atkins mixed up with Gerald McCoy, lol...

B.C.RAIDERS4life

• All Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2019, 12:09:54 AM »

Apologies, I always (like ALWAYS) get Atkins mixed up with Gerald McCoy, lol...

I see  ;Dyes McCoy he would be a nice vet

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 05:45:47 PM »

az raider

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »

Mock draft season is upon us, and our friends at the Draft Wire have just released their newest three-round mock draft. With the Raiders back at the No.2 slot following the 49ers win on Sunday, everyone except for Nick Bosa is likely in play for them. Take a look at the picks for the Raiders by Luke Easterling:

2. Oakland Raiders –  Quinnen Williams | DL | Alabama

25. Oakland Raiders (from DAL) – Montez Sweat | EDGE | Mississippi State

27. Oakland Raiders (from CHI) – Devin Bush | LB | Michigan

34. Oakland Raiders – A.J. Brown | WR | Ole Miss

66. Oakland Raiders – Damien Harris | RB | Alabama

In the first round, the Raiders grabbed three defenders in the front seven. Quinnen Williams, Montez Sweat and Devin Bush were all highly productive players this season who would instantly turn around this Raiders’ defense.

In the second round, Easterling had the Raiders selecting wide receiver A.J. Brown from Ole Miss. Brown is a big-body receiver at 6’2, 225 pounds and he was incredibly productive in his only season at Ole Miss. In 2018, Brown caught 85 passes for 1,320 yards and six touchdowns. He projects as an outside receiver in the NFL.

In the third round, the Raiders selected running back Damien Harris from Alabama. With Marshawn Lynch and Doug Martin scheduled to hit free agency, the Raiders do need to invest in the running back position. Harris is another workhorse back from Alabama, who averaged 6.5 yards per carry in his collegiate career. He could step right in and be a bell cow for Oakland.

Overall, this is one of my favorite mock drafts so far. I believe the Raiders should invest heavily on their defense and going Williams, Sweat, and Bush in the first round would be an ideal draft for Oakland. I give this draft an A.

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/19/new-3-round-mock-draft-brings-raiders-3-elite-defenders/?utm_source=raiderswire&utm_medium=recirc&utm_campaign=rail-most-popular
Can’t argue with that.

With so many needs....it’s hard to really argue with anything
if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis

B.C.RAIDERS4life

• All Star Member
    • View Profile

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »

#4 Josh Allen, Quinen William's, Nick Bosa.  In That order.

#24 Montez Sweat, Brian Burns,

#27 Gerry Tillary, Dexter Lawrence, Devin Bush

Also if we can Trade Carr and get back into the top half of the first I'm either taking
Clelinn Ferrel, Greedy William's, Ed Oliver
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

JackTatum

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »

#4 Josh Allen or Devin White
#24 Devin Bush or DK Metcalf (Metcalf is the only one worthy imo of a 1st round pick)
#27 Josh Jacobs or another Defensive Lineman since it's a deep draft.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.