RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Rebuild  (Read 303 times)

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
Another Rebuild
« on: September 21, 2018, 02:11:09 PM »

Is it me or do we almost always sit in a state of rebuilding.  So we can Jack.  Hire Gruden,  and immediately gut the team.  There are three phases of football.  Offense, defense and special teams.  We’ve always had at least one phase we can hang our hats on.  Sad to say sometimes it was just special teams but we had something.  We do not currently have one legit phase of football.   No more jano and lechler...our offense has done nothing but regress since the playoffs.  I cannot honestly rememer the last time we had a legit defense.  And special teams.  We canned out shitbag punter.  But at least he was one of he better ones in the league.  We traded Mack who regardless of what some people say,  I feel he didn’t want to be a Raider anymore.  Don’t really know what to say other than I’m thoroughly fucking disgusted.  The team we currently field are just hard for me to fucking watch.  Another fucking wasted year.  Fuck this I’m headed to the bar. 
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
Re: Another Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 10:34:51 PM »

:lol:

Dude, seriously. We need to meet up in Vegas.

:rockon

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

SoCal_Mike

• Franchise Member
  • Pride and poise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 11:10:17 AM »

The offense is pretty well set although I'm assuming we'll take a running back with one of first round picks next year.  The D was never rebuilt to begin with so no surprise there.  We've had all kinds of all holes for the last few years due to most of the defensive players we've drafted not being able to compete at the NFL level .  We do have some young talent from this year's draft though and another good draft and some free agents and we should be OK. 

This is the price you pay for bringing a new coach.  JDR was not the dude, he showed that last year.  I know patience is not what any wants to hear at this point but it is what it is.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 01:00:14 PM »

:lol:

Dude, seriously. We need to meet up in Vegas.

:rockon
lets do it

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »

The offense is pretty well set although I'm assuming we'll take a running back with one of first round picks next year.  The D was never rebuilt to begin with so no surprise there.  We've had all kinds of all holes for the last few years due to most of the defensive players we've drafted not being able to compete at the NFL level .  We do have some young talent from this year's draft though and another good draft and some free agents and we should be OK. 

This is the price you pay for bringing a new coach.  JDR was not the dude, he showed that last year.  I know patience is not what any wants to hear at this point but it is what it is.
if the offense was set we wouldn’t be stalling out every second half.  There starting off well by try hard and losing out on talent
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:13:49 PM by ElevatorRaidersfanPA »

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 03:10:17 PM »

Ya know what really sucks about this rebuild?????

Derrick Carr is looking like a 5/5th year BUST...

Signiture By: 9erHater

gza77

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 03:19:18 PM »

he completed 90% of his passes last week and 70% this week with 2 drops and a pick where cooper quit on his route.  perfect? no.  bust? calm down.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 03:26:19 PM »

he completed 90% of his passes last week and 70% this week with 2 drops and a pick where cooper quit on his route.  perfect? no.  bust? calm down.
carrs underpeforming.  But my two cents.  I lay that right at the feet of this offensive line.  Carr’s completion percentage is offset by his interceptions.

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
  • Commitment to Excellence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 03:46:20 PM »

You half to start building before you can call it a rebuild, so far it's just a teardown

CB

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 03:54:32 PM »

You half to start building before you can call it a rebuild, so far it's just a teardown

Bingo. And how long will it take to rebuild the O-line? Aside from Miller and Jackson, they're all vets that won't be in their prime when a rebuild is complete.
Raider fan in lamb land

I am not responsible for anyone that understands what VA says.

RaiderInDenver

• HOF Member
  • "BUTTHEAD I Am"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 04:13:07 PM »

I know the stats. But I don’t see that cut throat “ I’ll take the game in my hands “ kinda guy.

He throws picks and shit when it matters.

Signiture By: 9erHater

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
  • Commitment to Excellence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 04:30:09 PM »

Bingo. And how long will it take to rebuild the O-line? Aside from Miller and Jackson, they're all vets that won't be in their prime when a rebuild is complete.

That's true, the only silver lining there is that Osemele, Penn, and Hudson are eating up a ton of cap space. One could argue you could replace Penn for sure and possibly Osemele with better and cheaper options

The Prole

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 04:27:20 AM »

Hate to admit it, but the truth is we've been bereft of real talent for a while now.

Even the year when we went 12-4 the Defense had some major question marks surrounding it and continues to. On Offense we used to get frustrated at Murray falling over at first contact. He'd go on one big run, then spend the rest of the game scraping out 2 yard gains. His average looked good because of the one big run but he couldn't keep a drive going. Lynch was an upgrade but now the O'line, which was a major plus for us, is now starting to show cracks. Cooper is hot and cold and suffers from drops.

We have some good players but the talent around them is sub-standard. Jordi Nelson played better yesterday but I'm not convinced he is an upgrade over Crabtree. I had some concerns about Carr, but these last two weeks have actually restored my confidence in him. How many times do we see protection break down or a receiver drop a pass that was straight to their hands? Our secondary has been suspect for a long time. QB's used to carve us up for fun even with Mack in the team. Not convinced about Conley yet. Maybe, since he missed last year, I'm being unfair and he'll develop into a solid player.

OK, I've gone on a bit of a ramble, but basically I'm saying that between draft picks not reaching reasonable expectations and free agents not wanting to come, this team lacks talent and is probably long overdue a re-build. 12-4 only masked the problems.

Maybe a shiny new stadium and Nevada's zero income tax will help us lure proper talent. And maybe we could actually start drafting productive players.

Raidersmojo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 04:35:16 PM »

This. Carr has made mistakes but to call him a bust is ridiculous

gza77

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 06:13:21 PM »

I know the stats. But I don’t see that cut throat “ I’ll take the game in my hands “ kinda guy.

He throws picks and shit when it matters.

you said he looks like a bust, so that's why i responded with a logical counter argument.  who knows how good carr is in 3 years, but he's definitely not a bust.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.