RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: “It's hard to find a great pass-rusher”  (Read 145 times)

Automatic

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
“It's hard to find a great pass-rusher”
« on: September 19, 2018, 05:14:31 PM »

The Oakland Raiders have struggled with their pass rush in the first two games, totaling only two sacks during the 0-2 start. Head coach Jon Gruden ironically blamed the quality of personnel on the roster.

"It's hard to find a great pass-rusher," Gruden said Wednesday, per Vic Tafur of The Athletic.

The Raiders obviously already had a great one in Khalil Mack, but he was traded to the Chicago Bears before the start of the regular season after the two sides failed to agree on a new contract.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2796633-jon-gruden-says-its-hard-to-find-a-great-pass-rusher-in-raiders-presser.amp.html

10 years, $100 million dollars...... :-\

The one

• HOF Member
  • "The only easy day was yesterday"
    • View Profile
Re: “It's hard to find a great pass-rusher”
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »

Esp when said pass rusher was already UNDER CONTRACT and was holding out for the vault. It was said he was offered approx 20 mill/year (von type money) and he and his agent wanted more as soon as Arron Donald signed. 90 MILLION Guaranteed-90 MILLION !!! 60 AS SOON AS HE INKED THE LINE.

He failed to show up at the facility ALL YEAR LONG, NOT ONCE!  He was after the money, PERIOD. HE is not here, he cashed his way out, we got 2 first rounds. Otherwise, he is still sitting out not playing football with us.
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.”   ? Sun Tzu, The Art of War

CB

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 11:05:03 PM »

Sounds like somebody has figured out why they're worth so damn much money. They aren't easy to find so when you have one, it's advisable to pony up the dough and pay them. Especially true when they play the run as good as and 340 lb DT.
Raider fan in lamb land

I am not responsible for anyone that understands what VA says.

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 12:42:53 AM »

fu  Mack

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

The Prole

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 05:26:36 AM »

Yep, they are especially hard to find when they don't show up for work. 8)

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 02:28:57 AM »

Yep, they are especially hard to find when they don't show up for work. 8)

Well said sir.

:cheers

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 09:32:04 AM »

Not that it means a lot right now and in no way am I putting Mack's overall ability down but.

He has 2 sacks this season.  That has him tied for 9th overall with a bunch of players.  8 players have more sacks than him. He has 6 tackles. That has him tied with a bunch of players at 168th in the league. 

2 weeks into last season both wins for the Raiders Mack had 1 sack.
In our 6 wins he had 3.5 sacks.

In 2017 he was tied for 15th in sacks with 10.5.  There were 14 players with more sacks than him in 2017.

I watched every snap of the Bears/Seahawks game and he was mostly blocked one on one by their right tackle.  All of his "Great" plays against the Packers were against  (Body of Cam Newton mind of Tom Brady) Kizer not Rodgers.  Its really annoying how much media hype there is for Mack now that he's not a Raider.  I guess that's what 90 million guaranteed and 23 million a year gets you.

Mack is a great player but his presence alone didn't do anything for us.  He had some great games but overall we still lost with a "Great" pass rusher on our team. 

Making up his 10.5 sacks shouldn't be an impossible task.

Key was getting close last week and is only going to get better.  Hurst is starting to look like a beast.  I believe Irving will be gone next season but should still be able to contribute. (Without his penalty we might have won that game last week and not be talking about our pass rush) 

Our Defense is still figuring things out and while we are VERY old at some positions we are playing bunch of very young players. 

Our pass rush will improve as the season goes on.  I predict Key will have several multi sack games.

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »

Not that it means a lot right now and in no way am I putting Mack's overall ability down but.

He has 2 sacks this season.  That has him tied for 9th overall with a bunch of players.  8 players have more sacks than him. He has 6 tackles. That has him tied with a bunch of players at 168th in the league. 

2 weeks into last season both wins for the Raiders Mack had 1 sack.
In our 6 wins he had 3.5 sacks.

In 2017 he was tied for 15th in sacks with 10.5.  There were 14 players with more sacks than him in 2017.

I watched every snap of the Bears/Seahawks game and he was mostly blocked one on one by their right tackle.  All of his "Great" plays against the Packers were against  (Body of Cam Newton mind of Tom Brady) Kizer not Rodgers.  Its really annoying how much media hype there is for Mack now that he's not a Raider.  I guess that's what 90 million guaranteed and 23 million a year gets you.

Mack is a great player but his presence alone didn't do anything for us.  He had some great games but overall we still lost with a "Great" pass rusher on our team. 

Making up his 10.5 sacks shouldn't be an impossible task.

Key was getting close last week and is only going to get better.  Hurst is starting to look like a beast.  I believe Irving will be gone next season but should still be able to contribute. (Without his penalty we might have won that game last week and not be talking about our pass rush) 

Our Defense is still figuring things out and while we are VERY old at some positions we are playing bunch of very young players. 

Our pass rush will improve as the season goes on.  I predict Key will have several multi sack games.
Well said!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.