RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Reggie McKenzie Seems To Recognize The Significance Of The Raiders Meltdown In D  (Read 3847 times)

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie isn’t buying the conspiracy theories out there, but he acknowledged at least one element of the Raiders mysterious week three meltdown in Washington – the effect it had on the team.

“It shook all of us,” McKenzie said Thursday of the team’s 27-10 loss to the Redskins. “It shook us enough that that everybody had to look in the mirror and say lets get this thing going. This is not who we are.”

It’s interesting that McKenzie acknowledges the significance of the Redskins game – not because of an underlying team drama (that doesn’t exist), but because he’s yet another figure close to the team that seems to recognize the Raiders lost more than just a football game against the Redskins.

For the first time since his rookie season, the Raiders offense with Derek Carr looked rattled. There was a different feel to the way the quarterback and team responded that night and it’s reasonable to wonder if it didn’t carry over into the entire first half of the season.

McKenzie stopped short of saying it, but there are those within the organization who still believe the Washington game impacted the Raiders far beyond the third week.

As Mike Tyson once said, “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

Could it have been the Redskins game that literally knocked the “mojo” out of the Raiders season?

http://www.raidersbeat.com/reggie-mckenzie-seems-to-recognize-the-significance-of-the-raiders-meltdown-in-d-c/

The one

• HOF Member
  • "The only easy day was yesterday"
    • View Profile

While heading to Palo Alto yesterday morning, the local am Raider talk show had Greg Pappa on. He was asked about the Washington game and the report that the o lineman let Carr get sacked due to his standing and not kneeling blah blah blah. He stated that he does not doubt something happening in the locker room that night, prior to kickoff. Rumors of a fight, political arguments and a blow up have all been speculated. He stated (L. Kennedy did too) that is is totally ridiculous that professional offensive lineman would let their 25 million a year QB, who is also highly liked and respected though out the locker room and organization. In fact, if something like that would have ever occurred, every offensive lineman would have been released and replaced the next day in the pro ranks.

He did say that while on the sidelines prior to kick off, that, their was a different "vibe" wit the team, that it was different. He felt it, as did others, a tension, that something did in fact occur and or was said within the walls. He stated that the team looked and felt odd during was ups and pre game activities. He would not speculate or guess what exactly happened, but he did stated that SOMETHING DID HAPPEN.
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.”   ? Sun Tzu, The Art of War

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

While heading to Palo Alto yesterday morning, the local am Raider talk show had Greg Pappa on. He was asked about the Washington game and the report that the o lineman let Carr get sacked due to his standing and not kneeling blah blah blah. He stated that he does not doubt something happening in the locker room that night, prior to kickoff. Rumors of a fight, political arguments and a blow up have all been speculated. He stated (L. Kennedy did too) that is is totally ridiculous that professional offensive lineman would let their 25 million a year QB, who is also highly liked and respected though out the locker room and organization. In fact, if something like that would have ever occurred, every offensive lineman would have been released and replaced the next day in the pro ranks.

He did say that while on the sidelines prior to kick off, that, their was a different "vibe" wit the team, that it was different. He felt it, as did others, a tension, that something did in fact occur and or was said within the walls. He stated that the team looked and felt odd during was ups and pre game activities. He would not speculate or guess what exactly happened, but he did stated that SOMETHING DID HAPPEN.

There is a bunch of weird shit on the internet about what "Happened" to the Raiders that night.  From my perspective something went down for sure.  It's hard not to point the finger at these stupid fucking protests.  I'm not saying the Oline tanked the game but watching that game it was obviously a different team than the one that played the Jets or TN.  Normally I would chalk that up to just having a bad game but it carried over into the Bronco game and beyond.

Hopefully they are starting to put this shit behind them and just play ball. 

If it did have anything to do with the protesting this situation is exactly why private companies have every right to restrict employees free/political speech when they are on company time.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

Anybody who thinks anyone on this team intentionally played to less than their capabilities over this protest, is a fool... Lol.

These are professional athletes, who want to WIN and win "By Any Means"... To think anything otherwise is ridiculous...

They got their ass beat, plain and simple... Washington's defense was playing lights out at that time (still is actually).

Then came Denver (who since 2012, we've only averaged 14 points against), not to mention Carr didn't even finish that game.

Then a very good Baltimore defense with EJ starting and playing the whole game...

Then a decent Chargers defense, who, mind you, we always play close games against... And Carr had 2 Ints that game...

So WTF are we talking about?  All this conspiracy shit is for the birds...

We got our ass kicked in Washington, they had the perfect game plan and Carr was stuck... The NFL is a copycat league, and the following games our opponents played us the exact same way as Washington...

It is the exact gameplan we used against the Chiefs (go figure)...

And turnovers killed us in Buffalo, in a cold, wet game (our kryptonite)...

That's all that "happened"... We got beat by good football teams who played better than us on gameday. And 1.5 of those games were without our starting QB and other injuries (and poor) play on the defensive side.

It's football, and that's what happens on any given Sunday... So to hell with all these "conspiracy theories" and talks about "mojo"... those are just excuses for getting our asses handed to us...

I don't even know why this shit is still a topic...   o;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:53:08 PM by varaider »

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

Anybody who thinks anyone on this team intentionally played to less than their capabilities over this protest, is a fool... Lol.

These are professional athletes, who want to WIN and win "By Any Means"... To think anything otherwise is ridiculous...

They got their ass beat, plain and simple... Washington's defense was playing lights out at that time (still is actually).

Then came Denver (who since 2012, we've only averaged 14 points against), not to mention Carr didn't even finish that game.

Then a very good Baltimore defense with EJ starting and playing the whole game...

Then a decent Chargers defense, who, mind you, we always play close games against... And Carr had 2 Ints that game...

We got our ass kicked in Washington, they had the perfect game plan and Carr was stuck... The NFL is a copycat league, and the following games our opponents played us the exact same way as Washington...

That's all that "happened"... We got beat by good football teams who played better than us on gameday. And 1.5 of those games were without our starting QB and other injuries (and poor) play on the defensive side.

It's football, and that's what happens on any given Sunday... So to hell with all these "conspiracy theories" and talks about "mojo"... those are just excuses for getting our asses handed to us...

Because the interview with Reggie was published yesterday.  It's not guys here making shit up.  Papa and knows way more about what's going on with this team than anyone here.

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile

Because the interview with Reggie was published yesterday.  It's not guys here making shit up.  Papa and knows way more about what's going on with this team than anyone here.
Reggie knows! But he isn't going to say what happened.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

We got our asses kicked by 3 good defenses, who had Carr's number...

End of story...

All this other nonsense doesn't have shit to do with that...

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

We got our asses kicked by 3 good defenses, who had Carr's number...

End of story...

All this other nonsense doesn't have shit to do with that...

Dilly Dilly!!!

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
  • How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook

Yes, its obvious.  Some spoiled brats who are way overpaid let politics distract them and take away their focus form the game. Did they purposely let Carr get hurt?  No, definitely not. Did they play their game? No definitely not. Did that indirectly get Carr hurt. Yes, it did.

The ignorance, denial and lack of intelligence exhibited is appalling.

There is only 1 other explanation that would absolve them and that would be if we changed form Power to Zone blocking for that game for the first time.  If not, the OL fucked up bad. Pity they cant be docked a game check or 3. Then they would wise the fuck up and play to their abilities. Its amazing what happens when you wave money in front of people.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:21:48 PM by TheMadStork »
There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie :)

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

Or they just got outplayed... like they have plenty of times before...  o;)

This "distraction" shit is cliche and bullshit, IMO.... When that ball was kicked off... they knew where they were, and what their job was...  They just didn't get it done...

Ask the people clamouring to this "distraction" or "something happened" myth how they feel about the Kaep thing... Guarantee you 99.9% of them have a problem with it.... which is why they need this "myth" to point fingers and blame...

Lest we forget, damn near the entire league sat or protested in some shape or form that weekend... and there were 16 winners and 16 losers...

Sitting for the anthem ain't have nothing to do with how they played...  How was it a distraction when the entire team minus 1 or 2 players sat????

I don't know, kinda hard to say an entire team was distracted, when the entire team protested... If anything, I would point the distraction finger at Carr... and considering he played the worst... well... I wouldn't be too far-fetched with that notion...

P.S... and calling them "spoiled brats" has to be the dumbest, most ignorant thing I've read on this thread... as if they didn't WORK... and WORK HARD to get to the NFL, you know... because 99% of the world is destined to become a professional athlete... and it was just HANDED to them... If it's so "easy" and it's "just a game"... why don't you do it?  Why is it that 99.5% of everyone who aspires to do it, fail? 

and people wonder why I respond the way I do... because of ignorant shit like that...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:05:27 AM by varaider »

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile

This "distraction" shit is cliche and bullshit, IMO.... When that ball was kicked off... they knew where they were, and what their job was...  They just didn't get it done...

Ask the people clamouring to this "distraction" or "something happened" myth how they feel about the Kaep thing... Guarantee you 99.9% of them have a problem with it.... which is why they need this "myth" to point fingers and blame...

Lest we forget, damn near the entire league sat or protested in some shape or form that weekend... and there were 16 winners and 16 losers...

Sitting for the anthem ain't have nothing to do with how they played...  How was it a distraction when the entire team minus 1 or 2 players sat????

I don't know, kinda hard to say an entire team was distracted, when the entire team protested... If anything, I would point the distraction finger at Carr... and considering he played the worst... well... I wouldn't be too far-fetched with that notion...

P.S... and calling them "spoiled brats" has to be the dumbest, most ignorant thing I've read on this thread... as if they didn't WORK... and WORK HARD to get to the NFL, you know... because 99% of the world is destined to become a professional athlete... and it was just HANDED to them... If it's so "easy" and it's "just a game"... why don't you do it?  Why is it that 99.5% of everyone who aspires to do it, fail? 

and people wonder why I respond the way I do... because of ignorant shit like that...
You see right there!

To you that's ignorant. But to the member who posted it, it's not!

Have some respect for the other members who post here!

Some of the shit you post here I might think is ignorant as hell, BUT I'm not going to post that because I respect your opinion, even though i don't agree with it.

Simple as that.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

You see right there!

Some of the shit you post here I might think is ignorant as hell, BUT I'm not going to post that because I respect your opinion, even though i don't agree with it.

Simple as that.

Yea, WHATEVER...

Obviously you haven't paid attention to his other "rhetoric" around here...

Calling them "spoiled brats" because their POLITICAL/SOCIAL views are different than yours IS IGNORANT!

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/i

And unlike others, I don't just say shit to say it, I give valid reasons to support it...  o;)

They wanna call the 99% of the team who sat a "distraction"... and give the ONE player who wanted to be "different" a pass... I say HE was the one "distracted"...

Football is a TEAM sport, if 99% of the TEAM does something, you are expected to follow suit... especially if they are your "brothers" like you always say...

Karma is a bitch, and probably why he was the worst player on the field that game... a 52 QBR kinda of proves it... as well as the eye test...

That's MY opinion, and I stand by it 100%, whether anyone thinks its "ignorant" or not... debate it... I'm game...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:53:19 PM by varaider »

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile

You see right there!

Simple as that.

Yea, WHATEVER...

Calling them "spoiled brats" because their POLITICAL/SOCIAL views are different than yours IS IGNORANT!

And unlike others, I don't just say shit to say it, I give valid reasons to support it...  o;)

They wanna call the 99% of the team who sat a "distraction"... and give the ONE player who wanted to be "different" a pass... I say HE was the one "distracted"...

Football is a TEAM sport, if 99% of the TEAM does something, you are expected to follow suit... especially if they are your "brothers" like you always say...

Karma is a bitch, and probably why he was the worst player on the field that game... a 52 QBR kinda of proves it... as well as the eye test...

That's MY opinion, and I stand by it 100%, whether anyone thinks its "ignorant" or not... debate it... I'm game...
Well, go ahead!

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

You see right there!

Simple as that.

Yea, WHATEVER...

I keep saying it. 

Politics doesn't belong in team sports, the work place or anything that is suppose to be entertaining and fun.  Politics and religion separate people where sports is suppose to unite people and be entertaining. 

Its a simple concept really if you can remove your personal feelings from the situation.

Imagine if all of the Pro Life Christian players started taking a knee to protest the killing of babies or gay marriage.  That would set off a whole other debate in the country. 

My point is keep that shit away from work so this shit doesn't have to ever be talked about on a football forum.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile

They kneeled (ONE GAME) in response to the asinine comments made by 45... saying they should be fired for kneeling, when there's no league rule obligating them to stand... who also called them spoiled, etc... Mind you the entire league pretty much took part in this...

Other than that one instance, it hasn't been an issue for the Raiders... Lynch does it just to be Lynch, not a protest, but the media blows it up as something different... not his fault...

It wasn't even 10 years or so ago, that the players weren't even on the field during the anthem...

But hey, if THIS guy says something, There's 30% of the country who thinks whatever he says is golden... yeap... this guy below... Didn't he dodge the draft as well?  (rhetorical)

I guess he's spoiled and should be fired as well...  o;)

The "distraction" are the people who keep talking about it, and relating it to how we played...

I bet you not one single Raider player is thinking about this shit, or how it "affected" the team... because it didn't... The shit is over and done with, and yet, it's STILL being talked about... OUTSIDE THE TEAM to this day.... Why?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:34:08 PM by varaider »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.