RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some of you forgot who we REALLY are!  (Read 4569 times)

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Re: Some of you forgot who we REALLY are!
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2017, 02:29:41 PM »

what i find amazing about all of this is how easily distracted everyone is (referring to the general public, not this board specifically).  this was and should still be a protest against police brutality and systemic racism.  if i didn't know how legitimately short-sighted and stupid trump is, i'd call this a mater diversionary tactic.

Some of us are still waiting for the case of police brutality and systemic racism to be proven.  Just because a mob continues perpetuate a myth doesn't make it a fact. 

Are there racist people sure.  Are there a few bad cops sure.  Are either of these running rampant in this country.  No. 

I believe 99.9% of people are treated in accordance with how they act.

Here is a really interesting database where you can change the criteria of all of the police killings this year and see what the percentages are.  IE by race, armed unarmed, mental illness man woman ect. 

I don't really see any trends other than people breaking the law and police doing their jobs 99.99999 percent of the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:34:25 PM by nutmg1 »

gza77

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2017, 10:09:30 AM »

i could write a book about why you're wrong, but if you haven't come to that conclusion already, a random stranger on the internet isn't going to change your opinion.

either way, my point is that the original message of the protest, whether you agree with it or not, has been lost.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2017, 01:58:45 PM »

i could write a book about why you're wrong, but if you haven't come to that conclusion already, a random stranger on the internet isn't going to change your opinion.

either way, my point is that the original message of the protest, whether you agree with it or not, has been lost.

I 100% agree with that.

gza77

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2017, 09:52:58 AM »

I 100% agree with that.

lol this is the hole, maybe we should argue more or something.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »

Right or wrong Kaepernick kneels instead of standing for our flag and its the media's fault for covering it?  Isn't media attention exactly what he was looking for?

Had and still has absolutely nothing to do with the flag, or the troops... And as long as this is what you believe, then you will never understand... 

Its a big deal to disrespect the flag and 100% worthy of media attention.

Again, had and still has nothing to do with the flag... Players have sat for the anthem many times before, our very own Beastmode is an example, and no one ever gave a shit... actually, the players stayed in the locker room during the anthem, until recently...

The NFL should have handled this on day one and we wouldn't be where we are now. 

When would "Day 1" be?  Considering this has been done in the NFL forever...

The truth is the public has now seen the players political sides and doesn't like it. 

This can not be proven, and it's funny how you label the "public"... when there have been just as many supporters of Kaep, as non-supporters... The NFL even called a symposium to hear the grievances out...

Its going to be hard to get the genie back in the bottle.  We'll see how the players like it when the Salary Cap either doesn't go up or goes up very little next season due to the lost revenue this has caused.

This can also NOT be proven as the reason... NFL viewership numbers have been steadily declining... regardless of the protest... You can blame the many other scandals and black eyes the league has dealt with just as much, player arrests, deflategate, Teams leaving cities...

You can even blame more of that decline on "illegal streaming" than anything else... We post links in here every week on how to watch the game...  You think we're the only fans that do this? Disregarding the game that is being broadcast in our very own market, to watch a shitty stream of the Raiders online... A buddy of mine sells NetMasters (sort of like jailbroken firesticks) which allow you to watch any game for free...

There is not one bit of concrete proof that relates the declining number to the "protest"... only hearsay and speculation from the likes of you...

I doubt the "salary cap" will have anything to do with it... they've locked out before and lost way more revenue... I'm pretty sure they won't dabble in that game, especially in the present time where any and everything can be "labeled" in discriminatory ways... especially not with a league where the commanding majority of the players are African American.... The NFL won't walk that rope... Which is why they've worked with the players on trying to resolve this FAIRLY...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2017, 12:59:46 PM »

Some of us are still waiting for the case of police brutality and systemic racism to be proven.  Just because a mob continues perpetuate a myth doesn't make it a fact. 

The most ignorant thing I've read in this thread... and just because you're blind as fuck and can understand reality, doesn't make your "myth" of its non existence true...

Are there racist people sure.  Are there a few bad cops sure.  Are either of these running rampant in this country.  No. 

This shit happens all over the country, but you label it a "few"... Wow... you certainly are out of touch with reality... But hey, white privilege can do that to ya...

I believe 99.9% of people are treated in accordance with how they act.

There's that White Privilege again...

Here is a really interesting database where you can change the criteria of all of the police killings this year and see what the percentages are.  IE by race, armed unarmed, mental illness man woman ect. 

I don't really see any trends other than people breaking the law and police doing their jobs 99.99999 percent of the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/

Any one, can find any article on the internet supporting whatever side they want... Bravo... you found one out of a million from both sides...

Where white people in this country ever told they couldn't eat in certain restaurants?  Drink out of the same water fountains?  Go to the same schools?  Where they ever hosed down by the police?  Consistently Enslaved, hung, lynched, beaten all due to being white?

Meek Mill (rapper) gets 2-4 years in prison for violating probation (did wheelies in a closed street)... Meanwhile a white kid, who raped an unconscious female got 6 months... But that's ok to you.. lol...

The fact you don't even understand the problem, only proves how much of the problem you actually are...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2017, 04:10:12 PM »

I 100% agree with that.

How can you 100% agree, when you haven't the slightest clue of what that message is?  

According to you, their message is a "myth"... and is about "the flag"...  o;)

Holy Toledo!!!

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2017, 10:57:42 AM »

Where white people in this country ever told they couldn't eat in certain restaurants? Drink out of the same water fountains?  Go to the same schools?  Where they ever hosed down by the police? 
Yes. (See the Irish)

Consistently Enslaved, hung, lynched, beaten all due to being white?
No. But has anybody been in the past 150+ years?  ....and how is it that Asians, who were treated brutally at one time in this country, can put that past behind them and thrive in this country without systemically "killing their own" and asking for reparations?

Meek Mill
:laugh:  Why do people like Meek Mill and Michael Brown, who are constantly in trouble with the law, get put on a pedestal?  Meek Mill probably did get fucked in his latest probation hearing,  but why do great Americans like Clarence Thomas get fucked over and the left stays silent.

Meanwhile a white kid, who raped an unconscious female got 6 months...

probably doesn't play on Duke Lacrosse team

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »

Where white people in this country ever told they couldn't eat in certain restaurants? Drink out of the same water fountains?  Go to the same schools?  Where they ever hosed down by the police?  
Yes. (See the Irish)

So you're really gonna do that?  Compare what happened with the Irish, to what happened to African-"AMERICANS"... Surely you're just answering the question... Surely... and not trying to compare...

Consistently Enslaved, hung, lynched, beaten all due to being white?
No. But has anybody been in the past 150+ years?  ....and how is it that Asians, who were treated brutally at one time in this country, can put that past behind them and thrive in this country without systemically "killing their own" and asking for reparations?

So... your response is to just "forget about it"... typical...

And I haven't asked for a single reparation, or even brought that issue up... So yea, try not to lump us all in the same category, thanks...

And white on white crime is more of a problem than black on black crime... So I guess white people have "systematically killed their own" as well... more...

Funny how the term "Black on Black" crime was created, promoted as the typical white response to our pointing out of the obvious mistreatment we've endured over the years... But it's hilarious that you don't hear the term "White on White" crime... which is more prominent in this country than anything...

Kind of like how all these mass shooters are never labeled terrorists (domestic)... but "mentally ill"... but if it's a person of color... they are INSTANTLY labeled "terrorists"... lmao...

It's really the ignorance that makes you all (those who do this) seem so dumb, ignorant and comical... Like do they REALLY think people don't notice shit like that?  

Meek Mill
:laugh:  Why do people like Meek Mill and Michael Brown, who are constantly in trouble with the law, get put on a pedestal?  Meek Mill probably did get fucked in his latest probation hearing,  but why do great Americans like Clarence Thomas get fucked over and the left stays silent.

I didn't put Meek Mill on a pedestal, I don't even like him, lol... I simply pointed out the egregious difference in sentencing, using a prominent example (which you got)... But this is just one of thousands of comparisons that can be made...

And come on bro... Mike Brown?  Nothing changes the fact that he was UNARMED and the officer WAS ARMED.  These are the same "Heroes" you guys put on "pedestals" but shoot unarmed people... where is the heroism in that?  Coward shit... Trained in combat, but have hearts of pussies... And of course I'm not speaking on all law enforcement (before someone gets their panties in a bunch)... I'm speaking on the cowards who shoot unarmed people (no matter the race) because they are "scared" or not in control of a situation...

Loosely related, but even in OUR community, we shun people who choose guns over just being a man and taking/giving a good ol fashioned ass whipping... 

And its a statistical, proven fact, that blacks are sentenced harsher and jailed at a much higher rate, than whites who have committed similar to exact crimes...

Meanwhile a white kid, who raped an unconscious female got 6 months...

probably doesn't play on Duke Lacrosse team

Or wasn't a member of the Central Park 5...   o;)

I see what you did there... tasteless... Because you intentionally, consciously went and found that example, and I'm willing to bet any amount of money you chose that instance because it was a black accuser... and nothing more...

But what's funny...

Your entire response kind of proves my point, how "sensitive" white people get whenever a black person (or person of color) points out the bullshit we currently and have historically gone through... Lol... funny...  They have to find a needle in the haystack instance where they were "the victim"...  To try and justify it... This is a tactic nutmg uses religiously...

Because it would be "beneath" them to just own the shit and/or acknowledge it... and leave it at that...

White Privilege at its finest...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:43:06 AM by varaider »

Holy Toledo!!!

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2017, 11:41:51 AM »

just own the shit and/or acknowledge it... and leave it at that...

I'm not owning shit and you can stick your "White Privilege" up your whiney ass. My godmother, who is black (and is KNJ's grandmother), would tell you the same.

Its time for all people to stop looking for excuses and handouts, and start exercising some self-accountability. 

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2017, 11:54:33 AM »

I'm not owning shit and you can stick your "White Privilege" up your whiney ass. My godmother, who is black (and is KNJ's grandmother), would tell you the same.

Its time for all people to stop looking for excuses and handouts, and start exercising some self-accountability. 

Awww... are you mad???

Well don't... and continue to "whine" when people call you out for your ignorant comments...

And I don't give a shit if "you have a black friend"... lmao... That's what that shit sounds like to me... News Flash, all you white folks have some black in ya family... same as us black folks having white somewhere in our families... duh...

So stop putting your GRANDMOTHER "on a pedestal" to somehow "justify" your comments, lmaooo... Epic Fail #1 in these types of conversations...

If you're stance is ALL people... like you say, then you should empathize for ANY people being mistreated...  THAT'S what I mean when I say OWN it and ACKNOWLEDGE IT... too bad, you took that straight to race, and your grandmother being black... smh...

"Looking for handouts..." Where the FUCK did that even come from???  Where in this entire thread has anyone mentioned handouts???  or Reparations????   But you???  Yea, you mad... shut up.... lmaoooo  (keep exposing yourself)...

It's not a "handout" to want to be treated FAIRLY... which is what this whole thing is all about... o;)

Whiney?  I'm not whining about a damn thing son... I'm just pointing out the ignorance that I'm reading here... that's it, that's all...

The excuses came from you... "Irish"... "Lacrosse team"... "Reparations"... these are the things YOU brought to the table, lol...

Self Accountability, huh?  Maybe you should try that with some of the ignorant ass comments you've made...

Holy Toledo!!!

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2017, 12:26:50 PM »

Awww... are you mad???

Well don't... and continue to "whine" when people call you out for your ignorant comments...

And I don't give a shit if "you have a black friend"... lmao... That's what that shit sounds like to me... News Flash, all you white folks have some black in ya family... same as us black folks having white somewhere in our families... duh...

So stop putting your GRANDMOTHER "on a pedestal" to somehow "justify" your comments, lmaooo... Epic Fail #1 in these types of conversations...

If you're stance is ALL people... like you say, then you should empathize for ANY people being mistreated...  THAT'S what I mean when I say OWN it and ACKNOWLEDGE IT... too bad, you took that straight to race, and your grandmother being black... smh...

"Looking for handouts..." Where the FUCK did that even come from???  Where in this entire thread has anyone mentioned handouts???  or Reparations????   But you???  Yea, you mad... shut up.... lmaoooo  (keep exposing yourself)...

It's not a "handout" to want to be treated FAIRLY... which is what this whole thing is all about... o;)

Whiney?  I'm not whining about a damn thing son... I'm just pointing out the ignorance that I'm reading here... that's it, that's all...

The excuses came from you... "Irish"... "Lacrosse team"... "Reparations"... these are the things YOU brought to the table, lol...

Self Accountability, huh?  Maybe you should try that with some of the ignorant ass comments you've made...

Mad? uh-no.  All I can do is laugh at your long-winded, nonsensical and multi-edited responses.  But you#staywoke and hopefully someday your angry ass will find happiness.

p.s. Yes she is my god mother, not my grandmother.  She is in her 90's and she has witnessed alot of shit in her lifetime.  She laughs at people like you and Kap when you start talking oppresion.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2017, 01:31:09 PM »

Awww... are you mad???

Mad? uh-no.  All I can do is laugh at your long-winded, nonsensical and multi-edited responses.  But you#staywoke and hopefully someday your angry ass will find happiness.

p.s. Yes she is my god mother, not my grandmother.  She is in her 90's and she has witnessed alot of shit in her lifetime.  She laughs at people like you and Kap when you start talking oppresion.

Long winded, multi edited.. that's all you can come back with?  lol...

I'm definitely not mad, I learned long ago not to be moved by ignorance... It's amusing to me, because it allows me to pick the bullshit apart with my long winded, multi edited responses...

I'm happy, my life is good... and I'll glady #StayWoke (Keep showing your true colors, it's hilarious)...  And all so hypocritical... considering you claim to be a Raiders "fan"...  :D

Since when does someone knock the ability to write... lmao...

Anyone who finds any type of "oppression" (your words, I have yet to use it) funny, is also ignorant... no matter how old or young they are... and you can pass that message along to her... I'm sure at 90 something years old that she is fully in tune with what is happening now...  ;)  (Most can't even remember what they had for breakfast)

(P.S.  I mostly edit for typos, spelling and grammatical errors, and add whatever thoughts come to mind while I proofread, is there a rule against that?  Or is it too complicated for you to understand?  Maybe I should use little words from now on, lmao)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:34:31 PM by varaider »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.