RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Marshawn sits for National Anthem  (Read 8498 times)

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Re: Marshawn sits for National Anthem
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 12:43:41 PM »

I agree.  If he want's to make a statement I would love to see him call a press conference away from any NFL facility and lay it all out there.  I might support his views however he has already shown his ignorance on the subject so I doubt it.

There are valid police shootings and others where they step over the line. That's why we have a legal system.  If Marshawn is going to be a social justice warrior he's going to need to get some solid facts.  Using fake news to support his position isn't going to "Change" anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRTo4xst_x0

Hands up don't shoot was proven to be a lie by the Obama Attorney Generals Office. 

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/justice-department-finds-that-ferguson-officer-did-not-violate-michael/article_06cfab32-5fb1-59dc-bf47-5711ae36cd8a.html

Interesting 

In Marshawn's home town no Police shootings in over a year.  In a normal year there are between 8 and 10.  Of course that doesn't mean they are all bad shootings.

For the first time in more than 20 years, no one in Oakland was shot by a law enforcement officer.

In fact, from Nov. 15, 2015, until Feb. 17, 2017, no law enforcement officer even fired a weapon within Oakland’s city limits. According to records collected by the independent reporting project Oakland Police Beat, Oakland has experienced multiple police shootings each year since 1993. Prior to 2014, the city averaged seven to eight shootings by police annually.

http://www.oaklandmagazine.com/April-2017/The-Year-of-No-Shootings/

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:55:44 PM by nutmg1 »

Raider 8

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
  • Commitment to Excellence
    • View Profile

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 02:53:01 PM »

All of you stand for the national anthem at home when it plays on tv, right?

Sometimes I do.  I also tear up sometimes.  I guess that makes me a white nationalist.

Or maybe its because my grandfather lost a leg in WWII any my other grandfather was deaf from working in the ship yards. 

Some people were not raised to respect those who have sacrificed so they can sit on a cooler eating a banana making millions of dollars. 

So this post explains it perfectly.... YOU.... PERSONALLY... have your reason to honor the flag and/or Star Spangled Banner... You don't anyone chastising you for doing so, do you?

Why?  Because maybe most people aren't whiny little bitches about the decisions OTHER PEOPLE make concerning their own lives and views...

*light bulb*

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 03:01:00 PM »

He spoke with JDR and reminded him, this is something he's done for 11 years... JDR told him how he personally felt about the anthem, but said he would respect him as a man and let him do his thing...

This will only become an issue/distraction if people make/let it...

That man has every right to do what he pleases when the anthem is played... and whether you, me or anyone is "offended" (I am not, by the way) it doesn't mean a damn thing... and that is really what it all boils down to...

Those who want to get all "political" about it, or throw some "patriotic" tantrem, need to get out of their feelings and realize that this is what this country is about...

If this country can allow white "nationlists" (supremacists), 90% of whom were NON residents to come into a town, protest with torches, incite riots, mow down counter-protesters with a vehicle, etc, etc... and the leader of said country can't even condemn the shit... then fuck the "National Anthem"... because you might as well be singing the racist verses in the remainder of the "song"... 

#StayWoke

This is out of line and has no place on this forum.

Work is not a place for politics or protest and neither is the grid.

I said this under the impression that it was going to be moved...

Protest is allowed anywhere, anytime... this is what our country stands for and what thousands upon thousands of soldiers and freedom fighters lost their lives to defend...

What IS out of line is telling someone they can not exercise their right to free speech, for the reasons I listed above...

Good day folks...

There is no such thing as free speech at work. 

He represents his employer at all company functions especially on game day. 

Its not about Marshawn or how he or you feel about any supposed injustice in the world.  Its about going to work and doing your job. 

Its about fans tuning in to watch football. 

If Marshawn want's to protest he needs to take his dumb ass to a rally or march.  If I agree with him or not I will defend his right to free speech when not representing the Raiders.

Yes, and in the same breath, taggin along to exactly what YOU just said...

The Star Spangled Banner is not about the N.... F.... L....

You know, the SAME... N.... F.... L.... that charges the US Military for them to show up to their games and hold "special acknowledgement" ceremonies...

Forcing someone to stand for the National Anthem, no employer can rightfully do so... If so, why did niether Kaep or any other player that "protested" get fined, suspended or cut???

So yes, FREE SPEECH is recognized in employers and companies who actually GIVE a FUCK about Free Speech... Duh...

You keep saying there's no such thing at work, yet there are many, many protections covering people rights to express themselves and/or religion... as long as its not detrimental or flat our destructive to the workplace, no one is gonna touch that shit...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 03:11:21 PM »

If this country can allow white "nationlists" (supremacists), 90% of whom were NON residents to come into a town, protest with torches, incite riots, mow down counter-protesters with a vehicle, etc, etc... and the leader of said country can't even condemn the shit... then fuck the "National Anthem"... because you might as well be singing the racist verses in the remainder of the "song"... 

#StayWoke

I laughed.   You must not of "stay woked" during the BLM, ANTIFA, etc. protests.

As far as Marshawn is concerned, I'll hold judgement until I hear his reasoning (Unfortunately we may never hear it).   On its face, it looks like a ignorant, selfish act which would prompt me to cut his ass immediately.

Your response clearly shows you don't even know the meaning...  Sit down... lol..

And luckily you're not a GM, because you wouldn't last long...

I've said this a million times, these players didn't sign up to be role models, they signed up to play football... Whatever burdens the league puts on them to "put on a good front" is bogus, considering how fucked up the morals of the league are to begin with...

Kaep protests police brutality and an inconsistent justice system and gets blackballed... Meanwhile Ben Rothlisburger (sp) sexually assaults females and is headed to the Hall of Fame... Ezekial Elliot beats women and gets a 6 game suspension... Greg Hardy beats women and pulls shotguns out on them and still came back and played... Adrian Peterson beats his son outrageously and is still in the league... Aquib Talid shoots MFs, PacMan has a record as long as his stat sheet... Hell Aldon Smith and Josh Gordon are suspended for life because they like to drink alcohol, meanwhile the league regulary promotes alcohol every Sunday... GTFOH with that shit, lol...

So tell me again who REALLY has their morals fucked up???  Kaep should be last on the list, if on the list at ALL...

You make some good points about the inconsistency of the NFL.  I personally believe no one should ever be fired for what they do on THEIR time.  Its doing shit at work that I have a problem with.  Using the NFL's platform for your own personal politics is wrong. 

I'm addicted to news and politics.  I watch football to get away from that shit. 

The NFL understands their fans have all kinds of opinions on politics and current events and by allowing players in uniform to take sides alienates huge portions of their fan base. 

I say just like Thanksgiving no politics in the NFL or at the dinner table.

I'm with you bro, real talk...

I just hate it when people get chastised for exercising their rights in a peaceful, non violent matter...

And like you said, Lynch may not be "protesting" he just may not give a fuck, just based on his upbringing and/or view of the world.... who knows... but my thing is, he has the right to do so...

Sitting down during the Star Spangled Banner is not the WORST thing he could be doing bro... like for real... Its peaceful, it's his prerogative... and its your right to not like it... but just remember, you would want the same respect if you made a decision you really believe in that people don't particularly care for...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »

And I've pretty much come to the conclusions over the years that I may probably the only black person that frequents and participates on this forum... And outside of a legit handful of you folks, who have routinely displayed their non bias, you would have no clue or perception of what life is through our eyes...

So if you think for one second anything that happened in VA over the weekend is a non issue... and that Lynch and Kaep have no right to protest THAT KINDA SHIT... you can all go suck an AIDS dick to the fullest and go kiss your kids and wives right after...

Fuck you!

(And this is the HOLE, so don't go crying like lil BITCHES either... Punk MFs)

An my pops always told me, a hit dog gon holla... So we'll see who shows their true colors moving forward...

And to those of you that this does not pertain too... I apologize for taking it there... but damn man, sometimes shit gotta be called out for what it is...

(Not to mention, that kinda bullshit is what REALLY has this forum hanging by a thread... MFs need to realize this is RAIDER NATION and some could/would say the MAJORITY of its fan base is built on minority support... so think about that... )

Simple question VA. 

Did the groups who organized the rally have a first amendment right to do so?   

See, that comment shows you don't know what was going on here...

Ya'll see what CNN showed you on Saturday... but no one talks about what happened Friday...

When they were walking around the city, in mass with torches, screaming racial slurs and comments... It was basically the KKK without the hoods and masks.... starting brawls, and walking around town antagonizing any minority they saw, including jumping them, starting fights, etc, etc, etc...

Bro they CAME THERE with Helmets, bats, sticks, mase, etc....

So you tell me???

Did the asshole have the "right" to drive a car 50+ mph into the BACKS of people peacefully marching down the street?

Cmon bro... At least be REAL...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 03:17:28 PM »

Personally I dont think Marshawn is doing it as a protest in the same way Kap is.  I think he is just doing it to give the world the middle finger, I think thats how he sort of looks at things.  Kap is doing it to specifically protest the US and racism he perceives, which he may feel a victim of himself.

And Stork, this I can agree with you on... almost 100%

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2017, 03:20:14 PM »

I'm not into politics. Never have been and probably never will be. So I may not be the best judge of the 'sit through the national anthem' trend. IMO, if an athlete wants to protest racial inequality, there is probably a better way to get that message out. Marshawn has always been a guy who went out of his way to keep silent when a microphone was put in front of him. Maybe he could have used one of those times to voice his concerns and to call for change. I've never really seen how sitting through the national anthem is a protest toward racial injustice.

Why not use the biggest platform he has brother?

Lynch ain't hurting for money... remember, he came out of retirement...

And one thing is for sure... Lynch loves his community, black, brown, white, purple, green, whatever...

Just because you're not out in front of the cameras voicing your opinions doesn't mean you don't give a shit...

And your last sentence...

Him sitting down has people talking about it, right?  Sparking debates like this, right?  It opens the dialogue on the issue... which is exactly what a protest is for...

The NFL spent an entire year talking about Kaep, and the issues he's bringing light (more) to... even to this day... all because he chose to take a knee...

That must have been one powerful fucking Knee...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:22:24 PM by varaider »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2017, 03:28:23 PM »

I agree.  If he want's to make a statement I would love to see him call a press conference away from any NFL facility and lay it all out there.  I might support his views however he has already shown his ignorance on the subject so I doubt it.

There are valid police shootings and others where they step over the line. That's why we have a legal system.  If Marshawn is going to be a social justice warrior he's going to need to get some solid facts.  Using fake news to support his position isn't going to "Change" anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRTo4xst_x0

Hands up don't shoot was proven to be a lie by the Obama Attorney Generals Office. 

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/justice-department-finds-that-ferguson-officer-did-not-violate-michael/article_06cfab32-5fb1-59dc-bf47-5711ae36cd8a.html

Interesting 

In Marshawn's home town no Police shootings in over a year.  In a normal year there are between 8 and 10.  Of course that doesn't mean they are all bad shootings.

For the first time in more than 20 years, no one in Oakland was shot by a law enforcement officer.

In fact, from Nov. 15, 2015, until Feb. 17, 2017, no law enforcement officer even fired a weapon within Oakland’s city limits. According to records collected by the independent reporting project Oakland Police Beat, Oakland has experienced multiple police shootings each year since 1993. Prior to 2014, the city averaged seven to eight shootings by police annually.

http://www.oaklandmagazine.com/April-2017/The-Year-of-No-Shootings/

You don't get it bro... like seriously....

Hand Up, Don't Shoot wasn't JUST about Mike Brown, smdh...

It was about centuries of brutal punishment, killing and indecent treatment of black people... period... And how about you research Ferguson and all the racial troubles between the people and police... you will be amazed at what you find...  (if you even give a shit)...

MFs always focus on proving the ONE instance wrong, while ignoring the thousands of instances that WERE wrong and turned a blind eye too...

So what if that instance was "proven wrong"..... what about the hundreds and thousands of black people killed for the color of their skin, dating back 300 years? 

And without VIDEO evidence, you think anyone trusts this fucking justice system... PLEASE... and the fact you mentioned "Obama" Attorney General Office, clearly shows you haven't the slightest clue... you don't even realize what you just did there...  and that's just sad...

And as far as Oakland... Police shootings aren't the only problem sir... Like I said, clueless... The fact you uses an example that starts out as "For the 1st time in 20 years..."... wow, just wow...

And just because they were no shooting ins HIS HOMETOWN, he should just shut the fuck up and fall in line, huh? 

And light bulb, you think Kaep bringing awareness to the issue, being IN the Bay Area, didn't have an effect on that?  If you don't think so, you're tripping...

This is why I hate having these type of conversations with people who just don't KNOW... smdh...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:38:28 PM by varaider »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »

How the fuck do you know what he was talking about...  You think the Mike Brown incident is the only incident where that has occured...

He was making an EXAMPLE...

Funny how your the only idiot here using this "fake news" angle... Like who the fuck DOES that bro?

Like I said, totally and utterly fucking clueless... My God!

Seems like the crowd appreciated what he said... and UNDERSTOOD what he was saying...

But not a prick with your train of thought...

Sorry bro, it is what it is... That whole post was just RE-fucking TARDED...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2017, 03:44:39 PM »

Told you man, no way easier to find out people's true colors than conversations like this...

And you MFs wonder why they take knees... maybe its to start the conversation so we can weed out the snakes and rats...

Again... #StayWoke

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2017, 03:46:57 PM »

Sometimes I do.  I also tear up sometimes.  I guess that makes me a white nationalist.

Or maybe its because my grandfather lost a leg in WWII any my other grandfather was deaf from working in the ship yards. 

Some people were not raised to respect those who have sacrificed so they can sit on a cooler eating a banana making millions of dollars. 

So this post explains it perfectly.... YOU.... PERSONALLY... have your reason to honor the flag and/or Star Spangled Banner... You don't anyone chastising you for doing so, do you?

Why?  Because maybe most people aren't whiny little bitches about the decisions OTHER PEOPLE make concerning their own lives and views...

*light bulb*
where your wrong on this va is it's not the vets who's honor the servicemen who's lives have been lost.  It's everybody's responsibility to respect those who've died, so that other did not have too.  If men and women didn't volunteer.  News flash there would be drafts.  They died so you and others didn't have to.  It's common decency brotha.
I don't care about the politics.  Whatever.  It's about being. A decent person.
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2017, 03:48:45 PM »

Said my piece.  I'm out. Try not to kill one and other.
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2017, 04:42:20 PM »

*light bulb*
where your wrong on this va is it's not the vets who's honor the servicemen who's lives have been lost.  It's everybody's responsibility to respect those who've died, so that other did not have too.  If men and women didn't volunteer.  News flash there would be drafts.  They died so you and others didn't have to.  It's common decency brotha.
I don't care about the politics.  Whatever.  It's about being. A decent person.

Yea... so that's what the Star Spangled Banner is about?  really?  The soldiers who died?

Take a look at this 3rd verse and ask me if I should give any fucks about this SONG...

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Land of the "free" huh? Were we "free" back then... My case should rest right there...

That's where you're wrong brother...

I can still honor those soldiers who passed, but not before I honor the ones who were enslaved and died BEFORE THEM...

So for a song that praises their bloodshed, you want us to stand and honor that bullshit... Fuck that...

That song is bullshit... and any soldier who fought for us to be alive, should think so as well...

That's what some folk don't understand...

It ain't about the "flag and what it stands for"... to US...

No one is protesting against soldiers, vets, those that died, (but honestly, it depends on what side they were on).. at all... thats just the first thing "people" point to, to deflect what the real problem is...

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:50:23 PM by varaider »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2017, 05:14:14 PM »

If you deny to anyone else the right to say what you think is wrong, it will not be long before you will lose the right to say what you think is right. Defense of the freedom of others is self-defense. Voltaire stated this fact as a genius can: “I wholly disagree with what you say and will contend to the death for your right to say it.”- Colliers National Weekly, 1922
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.