RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Marshawn sits for National Anthem  (Read 8193 times)

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Re: Marshawn sits for National Anthem
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 01:36:53 AM »

He spoke with JDR and reminded him, this is something he's done for 11 years... JDR told him how he personally felt about the anthem, but said he would respect him as a man and let him do his thing...

This will only become an issue/distraction if people make/let it...

That man has every right to do what he pleases when the anthem is played... and whether you, me or anyone is "offended" (I am not, by the way) it doesn't mean a damn thing... and that is really what it all boils down to...

Those who want to get all "political" about it, or throw some "patriotic" tantrem, need to get out of their feelings and realize that this is what this country is about...

If this country can allow white "nationlists" (supremacists), 90% of whom were NON residents to come into a town, protest with torches, incite riots, mow down counter-protesters with a vehicle, etc, etc... and the leader of said country can't even condemn the shit... then fuck the "National Anthem"... because you might as well be singing the racist verses in the remainder of the "song"... 

#StayWoke

This is out of line and has no place on this forum.

Work is not a place for politics or protest and neither is the grid.

Shouldn't have been posted here to begin with

No one in this country can seem to have different opinions anymore

Wonder of Rome was like this before the fall

Exactly, and the thread should have been moved immediately, instead of warning folks not to comment...

I'm pretty sure enough of us are opinionated enough to not just sit back and be quiet...

I commmented under the impression that this thread would be moved regardless...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:53:03 AM by varaider »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 01:37:41 AM »

For those of you pissed at Marshawn, would you prefer he just not come out for the anthem? What exactly are you mad about? Not standing for the anthem? Not showing respect? Or just expressing an opinion? I'm genuinly curious.

They have no clue... just wanna complain...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 01:38:48 AM »

All of you stand for the national anthem at home when it plays on tv, right?

THIS...

I'm wiling to bet that MOST don't even pay attention...

Only time I do is when somebody famous is singing it, so me and my wife can critique if they butchered it or not, lmao...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 01:44:08 AM »

If this country can allow white "nationlists" (supremacists), 90% of whom were NON residents to come into a town, protest with torches, incite riots, mow down counter-protesters with a vehicle, etc, etc... and the leader of said country can't even condemn the shit... then fuck the "National Anthem"... because you might as well be singing the racist verses in the remainder of the "song"... 

#StayWoke

I laughed.   You must not of "stay woked" during the BLM, ANTIFA, etc. protests.

As far as Marshawn is concerned, I'll hold judgement until I hear his reasoning (Unfortunately we may never hear it).   On its face, it looks like a ignorant, selfish act which would prompt me to cut his ass immediately.

Your response clearly shows you don't even know the meaning...  Sit down... lol..

And luckily you're not a GM, because you wouldn't last long...

I've said this a million times, these players didn't sign up to be role models, they signed up to play football... Whatever burdens the league puts on them to "put on a good front" is bogus, considering how fucked up the morals of the league are to begin with...

Kaep protests police brutality and an inconsistent justice system and gets blackballed... Meanwhile Ben Rothlisburger (sp) sexually assaults females and is headed to the Hall of Fame... Ezekial Elliot beats women and gets a 6 game suspension... Greg Hardy beats women and pulls shotguns out on them and still came back and played... Adrian Peterson beats his son outrageously and is still in the league... Aquib Talid shoots MFs, PacMan has a record as long as his stat sheet... Hell Aldon Smith and Josh Gordon are suspended for life because they like to drink alcohol, meanwhile the league regulary promotes alcohol every Sunday... GTFOH with that shit, lol...

So tell me again who REALLY has their morals fucked up???  Kaep should be last on the list, if on the list at ALL...

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:46:23 AM by varaider »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 01:48:17 AM »

#StayWoke

I laughed.   You must not of "stay woked" during the BLM, ANTIFA, etc. protests.

As far as Marshawn is concerned, I'll hold judgement until I hear his reasoning (Unfortunately we may never hear it).   On its face, it looks like a ignorant, selfish act which would prompt me to cut his ass immediately.

THIS!

Are either of you FROM Virginia?  I live an hour and a half away, and work in that city a t least 4-5 times a MONTH... have players of mine who LIVE there... and WERE there... So I'm pretty sure I got the lowdown of what happened there, and I'm pretty sure you guys watch Fox News...

The Governor here himself, said pretty much these EXACT words... said they had no place in Virgina, and no place in this country...

So yea... Stay sleep, cuz niether of you know what the fuck you're talking about...

Ignorant fuck like you "laugh" because you have no clue what this is really about, or have never experienced the type of discrimination you're indirectly (cuz you're probably too chickneshit to) directly condone... 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:50:52 AM by varaider »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 01:56:52 AM »

And I've pretty much come to the conclusions over the years that I may probably the only black person that frequents and participates on this forum... And outside of a legit handful of you folks, who have routinely displayed their non bias, you would have no clue or perception of what life is through our eyes...

So if you think for one second anything that happened in VA over the weekend is a non issue... and that Lynch and Kaep have no right to protest THAT KINDA SHIT... you can all go suck an AIDS dick to the fullest and go kiss your kids and wives right after...

Fuck you!

(And this is the HOLE, so don't go crying like lil BITCHES either... Punk MFs)

An my pops always told me, a hit dog gon holla... So we'll see who shows their true colors moving forward...

And to those of you that this does not pertain too... I apologize for taking it there... but damn man, sometimes shit gotta be called out for what it is...

(Not to mention, that kinda bullshit is what REALLY has this forum hanging by a thread... MFs need to realize this is RAIDER NATION and some could/would say the MAJORITY of its fan base is built on minority support... so think about that... )
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:01:15 AM by varaider »

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2017, 06:51:38 AM »

For those of you pissed at Marshawn, would you prefer he just not come out for the anthem? What exactly are you mad about? Not standing for the anthem? Not showing respect? Or just expressing an opinion? I'm genuinly curious.

Yes I would prefer he stay in the locker room if he is so offended by our country's national anthem that he can't be a man and show respect. 

It would also be way less of a distraction than sitting there eating a banana looking like an ass hole. 

I thought maybe he grew up.  Its clear he's the same dick head we saw in Seattle. 

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 06:55:32 AM »

All of you stand for the national anthem at home when it plays on tv, right?

Sometimes I do.  I also tear up sometimes.  I guess that makes me a white nationalist.

Or maybe its because my grandfather lost a leg in WWII any my other grandfather was deaf from working in the ship yards. 

Some people were not raised to respect those who have sacrificed so they can sit on a cooler eating a banana making millions of dollars. 

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 07:01:38 AM »

#StayWoke

At first I was going to wait to comment on his "Protest" until he let us know exactly what he is "Protesting".  But then they said he has done it for 11 years.  (Which isn't true).   If he started "Protesting" 11 years ago that was before the who BS story of "Hands UP Don't Shoot" which started all of the bullshit in the first place.   

Maybe he's just a lazy asshole.  Either way its disrespectful and a middle finger to my family so I'm going to speak up.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 07:47:38 AM »

He spoke with JDR and reminded him, this is something he's done for 11 years... JDR told him how he personally felt about the anthem, but said he would respect him as a man and let him do his thing...

This will only become an issue/distraction if people make/let it...

That man has every right to do what he pleases when the anthem is played... and whether you, me or anyone is "offended" (I am not, by the way) it doesn't mean a damn thing... and that is really what it all boils down to...

Those who want to get all "political" about it, or throw some "patriotic" tantrem, need to get out of their feelings and realize that this is what this country is about...

#StayWoke

This is out of line and has no place on this forum.

Work is not a place for politics or protest and neither is the grid.

I said this under the impression that it was going to be moved...

Protest is allowed anywhere, anytime... this is what our country stands for and what thousands upon thousands of soldiers and freedom fighters lost their lives to defend...

What IS out of line is telling someone they can not exercise their right to free speech, for the reasons I listed above...

Good day folks...

There is no such thing as free speech at work. 

He represents his employer at all company functions especially on game day. 

Its not about Marshawn or how he or you feel about any supposed injustice in the world.  Its about going to work and doing your job. 

Its about fans tuning in to watch football. 

If Marshawn want's to protest he needs to take his dumb ass to a rally or march.  If I agree with him or not I will defend his right to free speech when not representing the Raiders.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 07:53:54 AM »

#StayWoke

Your response clearly shows you don't even know the meaning...  Sit down... lol..

And luckily you're not a GM, because you wouldn't last long...

I've said this a million times, these players didn't sign up to be role models, they signed up to play football... Whatever burdens the league puts on them to "put on a good front" is bogus, considering how fucked up the morals of the league are to begin with...

Kaep protests police brutality and an inconsistent justice system and gets blackballed... Meanwhile Ben Rothlisburger (sp) sexually assaults females and is headed to the Hall of Fame... Ezekial Elliot beats women and gets a 6 game suspension... Greg Hardy beats women and pulls shotguns out on them and still came back and played... Adrian Peterson beats his son outrageously and is still in the league... Aquib Talid shoots MFs, PacMan has a record as long as his stat sheet... Hell Aldon Smith and Josh Gordon are suspended for life because they like to drink alcohol, meanwhile the league regulary promotes alcohol every Sunday... GTFOH with that shit, lol...

So tell me again who REALLY has their morals fucked up???  Kaep should be last on the list, if on the list at ALL...

You make some good points about the inconsistency of the NFL.  I personally believe no one should ever be fired for what they do on THEIR time.  Its doing shit at work that I have a problem with.  Using the NFL's platform for your own personal politics is wrong. 

I'm addicted to news and politics.  I watch football to get away from that shit. 

The NFL understands their fans have all kinds of opinions on politics and current events and by allowing players in uniform to take sides alienates huge portions of their fan base. 

I say just like Thanksgiving no politics in the NFL or at the dinner table.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 08:16:33 AM »

And I've pretty much come to the conclusions over the years that I may probably the only black person that frequents and participates on this forum... And outside of a legit handful of you folks, who have routinely displayed their non bias, you would have no clue or perception of what life is through our eyes...

So if you think for one second anything that happened in VA over the weekend is a non issue... and that Lynch and Kaep have no right to protest THAT KINDA SHIT... you can all go suck an AIDS dick to the fullest and go kiss your kids and wives right after...

Fuck you!

(And this is the HOLE, so don't go crying like lil BITCHES either... Punk MFs)

An my pops always told me, a hit dog gon holla... So we'll see who shows their true colors moving forward...

And to those of you that this does not pertain too... I apologize for taking it there... but damn man, sometimes shit gotta be called out for what it is...

(Not to mention, that kinda bullshit is what REALLY has this forum hanging by a thread... MFs need to realize this is RAIDER NATION and some could/would say the MAJORITY of its fan base is built on minority support... so think about that... )

Simple question VA. 

Did the groups who organized the rally have a first amendment right to do so?   

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
  • How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 08:56:59 AM »

Personally I dont think Marshawn is doing it as a protest in the same way Kap is.  I think he is just doing it to give the world the middle finger, I think thats how he sort of looks at things.  Kap is doing it to specifically protest the US and racism he perceives, which he may feel a victim of himself.

I disagree with both of them doing it at work.  Its disrespectful to the man who signs your check and many fans who fuel it.

There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie :)

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 09:20:31 AM »

Personally I dont think Marshawn is doing it as a protest in the same way Kap is.  I think he is just doing it to give the world the middle finger, I think thats how he sort of looks at things.  Kap is doing it to specifically protest the US and racism he perceives, which he may feel a victim of himself.

I disagree with both of them doing it at work.  Its disrespectful to the man who signs your check and many fans who fuel it.

I agree.  It could just be his inner asshole coming out.  I was hoping he changed,  I guess not.

CB

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 11:43:49 AM »

I'm not into politics. Never have been and probably never will be. So I may not be the best judge of the 'sit through the national anthem' trend. IMO, if an athlete wants to protest racial inequality, there is probably a better way to get that message out. Marshawn has always been a guy who went out of his way to keep silent when a microphone was put in front of him. Maybe he could have used one of those times to voice his concerns and to call for change. I've never really seen how sitting through the national anthem is a protest toward racial injustice.
Raider fan in lamb land

I am not responsible for anyone that understands what VA says.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.