RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Marshawn sits for National Anthem  (Read 9004 times)

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
  • How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie :)

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
Re: Marshawn sits for National Anthem
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 12:13:27 AM »

I really do not want any distractions this year from anyone.

http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Marshawn-Lynch-sits-during-national-anthem-before-game-vs-Cards-106076642

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20327882/oakland-raiders-marshawn-lynch-remains-seated-national-anthem

Well, if we do it will be from him.

I think we all knew that when we signed him

BUT KEEP IN MIND, THE MINUTE THIS TOPIC STARTS TO GET POLITICAL IT WILL BE MOVED TO THE HOLE.

STORK, YOU HAVE BEEN HERE LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW THIS SHIT DOESN'T BELONG ON THE GRID!

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:28:17 AM »

Freedom of Speech, who gives a shit...

After what happened here in VA today, I don't blame him...

That's all I have to say on the topic...

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 06:29:31 AM »

Well I have shit to say too ...... but I won't because it is political.

Please remove this thread before I change my mind

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:20:02 AM »

He spoke with JDR and reminded him, this is something he's done for 11 years... JDR told him how he personally felt about the anthem, but said he would respect him as a man and let him do his thing...

This will only become an issue/distraction if people make/let it...

That man has every right to do what he pleases when the anthem is played... and whether you, me or anyone is "offended" (I am not, by the way) it doesn't mean a damn thing... and that is really what it all boils down to...

Those who want to get all "political" about it, or throw some "patriotic" tantrem, need to get out of their feelings and realize that this is what this country is about...

If this country can allow white "nationlists" (supremacists), 90% of whom were NON residents to come into a town, protest with torches, incite riots, mow down counter-protesters with a vehicle, etc, etc... and the leader of said country can't even condemn the shit... then fuck the "National Anthem"... because you might as well be singing the racist verses in the remainder of the "song"...  

#StayWoke
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:29:23 AM by varaider »

JackTatum

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 09:04:34 AM »

It's the media that is making a huge deal out of this. If anyone remembers in Seattle sometimes he wouldn't even come out until after the Anthem was sung. Nothing to see here.

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 09:06:58 AM »

MOD: This thread needs to go ASAP!

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 09:21:44 AM »

He spoke with JDR and reminded him, this is something he's done for 11 years... JDR told him how he personally felt about the anthem, but said he would respect him as a man and let him do his thing...

That man has every right to do what he pleases when the anthem is played... and whether you, me or anyone is "offended" (I am not, by the way) it doesn't mean a damn thing... and that is really what it all boils down to...

Those who want to get all "political" about it, or throw some "patriotic" tantrem, need to get out of their feelings and realize that this is what this country is about...

If this country can allow white "nationlists" (supremacists), 90% of whom were NON residents to come into a town, protest with torches, incite riots, mow down counter-protesters with a vehicle, etc, etc... and the leader of said country can't even condemn the shit... then fuck the "National Anthem"... because you might as well be singing the racist verses in the remainder of the "song"...  

#StayWoke

This is out of line and has no place on this forum.

Work is not a place for politics or protest and neither is the grid.

Raidersmojo

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 09:33:52 AM »

#StayWoke

Shouldn't have been posted here to begin with

No one in this country can seem to have different opinions anymore

Wonder of Rome was like this before the fall

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 09:48:39 AM »

#StayWoke

Shouldn't have been posted here to begin with

No one in this country can seem to have different opinions anymore

Wonder of Rome was like this before the fall

Lynch brought politics to his work place.  He hasn't sat for 11 Years.  Just like with Kaep it's a shit show after that.

I guarantee if I show up to work tomorrow and do anything politicol I will get walked out.

There are good reasons for the rules here and at work.

JackTatum

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »

For those of you pissed at Marshawn, would you prefer he just not come out for the anthem? What exactly are you mad about? Not standing for the anthem? Not showing respect? Or just expressing an opinion? I'm genuinly curious.

Raidersmojo

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 03:00:11 PM »

All of you stand for the national anthem at home when it plays on tv, right?

Holy Toledo!!!

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 04:15:23 PM »

#StayWoke

I laughed.   You must not of "stay woked" during the BLM, ANTIFA, etc. protests.

As far as Marshawn is concerned, I'll hold judgement until I hear his reasoning (Unfortunately we may never hear it).   On its face, it looks like a ignorant, selfish act which would prompt me to cut his ass immediately.

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 06:39:05 PM »

#StayWoke

I laughed.   You must not of "stay woked" during the BLM, ANTIFA, etc. protests.

As far as Marshawn is concerned, I'll hold judgement until I hear his reasoning (Unfortunately we may never hear it).   On its face, it looks like a ignorant, selfish act which would prompt me to cut his ass immediately.

THIS!

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 01:35:30 AM »

#StayWoke

I said this under the impression that it was going to be moved...

Protest is allowed anywhere, anytime... this is what our country stands for and what thousands upon thousands of soldiers and freedom fighters lost their lives to defend...

What IS out of line is telling someone they can not exercise their right to free speech, for the reasons I listed above...

Good day folks...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:52:30 AM by varaider »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.