RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: OAKLAND MEMORIES  (Read 3728 times)

The one

• HOF Member
  • "The only easy day was yesterday"
    • View Profile
Re: OAKLAND MEMORIES
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 09:59:46 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155004129320336&set=a.306463105335.191616.567545335&type=3&theater

I cant post pics on our site anymore, not sure how to do it...

1984.  Matt Millen punches Pats owner in the mouth after a playoff game. Safe to say he would have never played another down if that was today, lol :)))
That s awesome! I wonder what was said to MM that garnered such a reaction.
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.”   ? Sun Tzu, The Art of War

The Prole

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 02:41:24 AM »

1984.  Matt Millen punches Pats owner in the mouth after a playoff game. Safe to say he would have never played another down if that was today, lol :)))
That s awesome! I wonder what was said to MM that garnered such a reaction.

I'm sure he talks about it on his Football Life episode (worth a watch BTW), but I couldn't find the clip. I did find this though.

The Raiders had been picturing themselves on the way to the Super Bowl for what they were already alluding to as the "match-up that everyone wanted to see" with the Bears. All the Raiders' playoff games were scheduled for the Coliseum.

Then, after leading, 17-7, they lost the first one, to a Patriot team they had beaten earlier in Foxboro, Mass.

It was then that Sullivan, 32, son of owner Billy, brother of team president Chuck, started needling Howie Long from the sideline. Long, a Boston native, had earlier observed that there may be true Celtic fans and Red Sox fans, but Patriot diehards?

"I don't think anyone back there bleeds red, white and blue," Long said.

"We've got pride, too," Sullivan said later.

When the game ended, Sullivan went over to Long, who was not glad to see him. They argued.

Millen came by. Millen says that Sullivan swung at him. Beyond dispute, Millen swung at Sullivan, rapping him across the top of the head.
There were reports that he had hit Sullivan with his helmet, but Millen insists he didn't.

Millen didn't even know whom he had hit until he was told later in the dressing room.

"Good," he said.

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-08-07/sports/sp-1718_1_matt-millen

He heard the smug prick talking shit to Howie, so he smacked the fucker. That makes it even better. ;D

Technically an LA memory, but still awesome. 8)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 02:45:29 AM by The Prole »

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 10:47:55 PM »

History Of The Raiders: The 1998 Oakland Raiders NFL (Highlights Yearbook) Jon "Chuckie" Gruden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htmuf5jbtlM

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

mbraiders

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 11:32:52 AM »

My first and only game out west was in 2006 when the Rams came to Oakland. Me and my buddy, who is a Rams fan, flew out. I remember it being like no other game I have ever been to, and I have to quite a few back here in the east. I took the the Raider oath with the band who called themselves Raiderhead. Not sure if that was an every home game thing or not, but it was cool. The atmosphere was electric. I definitely am planning to head west one or two more times before they depart.

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 01:38:41 AM »

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.