RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Del Rio: Raiders prefer their players 'respect the flag'  (Read 18150 times)

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Re: Del Rio: Raiders prefer their players 'respect the flag'
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »

He's actually exercising his freedom of speech. And using the benefit of his platform he has to get a message across at a great cost that he knows will come.  You want to force him to do something he doesnt want to do? That's not very American is it?

Gained alot of respect for Kaepernick. Used to hate him. But what he did and said took a ton of guts.

Didnt respond because I know it'll ruffle alot of feather around here but it is what it is...

I agree that he does have the right to do this, but if he really wants to make a statement, then write a check to an organization that can use it, build a football field in an underprivileged neighborhood, but sitting during the national anthem, that disrespects the men and women that fought and gave their lives so you can have your freedom of speech.   

How do you know he doesn't do all that already?

That's the shit that never gets reported on, but oh, let him not stand for the National Anthem, now he's a "polarizing" figure...

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »

Who gives a shit... other than people who don't understand the struggle...  White privilege (or what I call ignorant privilege, because ignorance has no color) will do that to ya...

Until its your peers getting gunned down in the streets, being oppressed, racially profiled and treated as unequal... then maybe you'll understand...

Let some "Black" racist police officers or "militants" start gunning down suburban white kids based on race and "culture" and watch how reactions change...

If you're more mad about him protesting a song, than the CAUSE for which he's protesting, then you are what's wrong with this country... period...

And for those of you who say he's disrespecting our military and those who fight for us... Then you are clueless as fuck!

Like a Veteran told me...

"We don't fight, bleed and die for him to stand for the Anthem...  We fight, bleed and die so he can sit if he wants too...."

It's because you don't get it... it's not just about the military... it's about a lot more than that. 

And cry me a fuckin' river when blacks (Yeah I said it) are killing each other at numbers greater than some war zones.  It's so fuckin rare that a cop kills a black man... in fact, there are more whites killed by cops and whites are killed by blacks by a far greater number than visa versa despite blacks only being 13% of the population.  Look it the fuck up!  You are one of the ignorant ones!

Nah, you're more ignorant than I thought...  I didn't say it was "just" about the military... I said to "THOSE WHO SAY"... try reading next time...instead of just seeing BLACK and hopping on your "MURIKKKA" bullshit...

Pay Attention...

This isn't about "Blacks killing Blacks"... but your type always wants to sidetrack with that argument... Well guess what, whites kill whites, whites kill blacks, blacks kill whites... So your point in saying that is moot and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue... NEWS FLASH... People kill people... (This is the Ignorance I was talking about folks)...

Those aren't the people we're (he's) talking about...

It's about people in POWER or AUTHORITY abusing that PRIVILEGE and doing whatever the fuck they want, not limited to killing... but discrimination, profiling, injustice etc... JUST BECAUSE THEY LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE BEACAUSE OF THEIR SKIN COLOR OR CULTURE!  And it just so happens that THOSE issues mentioned happen to US more than it does YOU...

It JUST SO HAPPENS that BLACK PEOPLE (dumbass) were LEGALLY discriminated against, LEGALLY treated as LESS than a man/woman (remember the 3/5 clause in the CONSTITUTION)... Look that up, smart guy...  Lynched, hung, our woman raped, families seperated, Jim Crow laws, not being allowed to VOTE...the fucking list goes on and on... How about you crunch THOSE numbers..

And if you think it isn't a million MFs walking around America, even people in POWER, that still WISH for those days, and still LOOK at us and inferior, then you are the dumbest MF on this earth...

Or just "ignorant"... 

But you don't understand that tho...  That's your Ignorant Priviliege... cuz you've rarely, if ever... in your life... been SYSTEMATICALLY judged by the color of your skin... and have NEVER been through any of the shit listed above...

Which is why people like you need to STFU, if all you can say is "blacks kill blacks"... Like we don't give a shit about our people killing each other or something... Fuck You!  You half-minded sack of shit!

I DEFNITELY GET IT... Its called FREEDOM OF SPEECH!  And somehow this BLACK MAN is getting chastised, racially slurred, etc, etc, etc... all because he chose to use his "fame" and "presence" as a VESSEL to bring notice to what you obviously don't get...

So shut the fuck up, sit back in your corner... and look up some more "numbers" that ain't got SHIT to do with why that man chose to protest... under his FREE WILL to do so as an AMERICAN!

Dumb ass...

You have no idea ... what I know.  o;)  

Well, I'll just say from this "dumb ass" to an ignorant fool..... I'm not going to waste anymore time carrying this on with the ideological brain dead.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »

OK, I'll preface this with the statement that I'm a ten year USAF veteran and have a deep reverence for the flag and our country.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

So, I am a huge supporter of the Bill of Rights, you have a right to say what you want even if myself or others find it objectionable and vise versa.  But my take on his stance is "this country is so fucked up that it's not worthy of my respect".  There are things that need to be fixed and wrongs that need to be righted, there is no denying that.  But there still is a lot right with this country.  Many Americans selflessly sacrificed their lives to give us the right to speak our mind and what he did is just disrespectful to those people and our country.  I don't have an issue with his opinion but he just picked a really bad way to express it.  

How is he being disrespectful for exercising the exact right that they (you) fought and died for?  I don't get it...

Kind of a contradicting argument (in general, not you specifically) if you ask me...

There may be a lot right with this country, but there's definitely a lot wrong with it too...

Nothing wrong with bringing light to an issue that needs fixing... is it?

What he did, served its purpose... people are talking...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 03:39:02 PM »

OK, I'll preface this with the statement that I'm a ten year USAF veteran and have a deep reverence for the flag and our country.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

So, I am a huge supporter of the Bill of Rights, you have a right to say what you want even if myself or others find it objectionable and vise versa.  But my take on his stance is "this country is so fucked up that it's not worthy of my respect".  There are things that need to be fixed and wrongs that need to be righted, there is no denying that.  But there still is a lot right with this country.  Many Americans selflessly sacrificed their lives to give us the right to speak our mind and what he did is just disrespectful to those people and our country.  I don't have an issue with his opinion but he just picked a really bad way to express it.  

Well said, there are less offensive and more direct ways to get your opinion out on wtf is going on in the USA and the division, police brutality and inequality.  The anthem is bigger than any individual as it stands for the freedoms we all
enjoy.  I would not want to offend in anyway those who serve and put their lives on the line for my freedom and standing for the anthem stands for just that. 

Yea... and "Anthem" that was written by a racist piece of shit that said black people were inferior to whites...  Bravo!

He's just a football player... I've seen countless videos of our own Senators and Congressman not "standing" for the "anthem" in CHAMBERS... where's all the "hype" for them?  And these are the folks who RUN this country...

Double Standards are a MF...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 03:40:30 PM »

1. How do you know he doesn't donate money or do anything to help his cause?

2. If you don't think what he says about groups of people being treated unfairly and unjustly are true then there is no point arguing with you.

3. You can respect soldiers who fought for your freedom and Kaepernick at the same time . It's not one or the other kind of thing. Lol his issue wasn't with the military, you and everyone else just made yourselves think it is for some reason.

4. Kaep even mentioned veterans who have fought in the war and come back and are treated like shit. But that gets left out of the narrative most the time. Can you guess why?

5. Let me know a more effective way to shed a light on these issues? The NBA t shirt thing? It was nice but what has that accomplished? I feel This can be the start of real much needed change, only time will tell at this point.

6. If you get more worked up about this than Greg hardy being in the league still you have issues.

7. Again, Kaep is exercising his freedom those soldiers earned for him, forcing him to stand for something he doesn't believe in because it's "unamerican" is in itself "unamerican" no?

8. You could love America for its goods and criticize it for Its faults at the same time. It's kinda how you become a great nation

7. If you don't agree with it, that's cool with me. I can understand your reasoning. I'm just giving you mine.

I think that's everything.

Vinny, you're A-OK with me brother... excellent post!

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 03:44:02 PM »

He's actually exercising his freedom of speech. And using the benefit of his platform he has to get a message across at a great cost that he knows will come.  You want to force him to do something he doesnt want to do? That's not very American is it?

Gained alot of respect for Kaepernick. Used to hate him. But what he did and said took a ton of guts.

Didnt respond because I know it'll ruffle alot of feather around here but it is what it is...

There is no such thing as free speech when your on the clock. 

I don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand.

I watch football to get away from the shitty world we live in. 

Its not his platform.  The platform belongs to the NFL.  If it becomes popular for players to start "Protesting" what ever they don't like I will stop watching and just go fishing on Sundays.

Apparently there is... he still has a job after this, doesn't he?

The media, and crybaby's like the ones on this post made it his platform... Don't forget that...

The camera guy/s that focused solely on him sitting, made it his platform...

Better start getting your fishing gear ready... Cuz this is the world we live in...

This type of thing is long overdue...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »

I agree that he does have the right to do this, but if he really wants to make a statement, then write a check to an organization that can use it, build a football field in an underprivileged neighborhood, but sitting during the national anthem, that disrespects the men and women that fought and gave their lives so you can have your freedom of speech.   

He's getting paid to play football not protest.

He has no right to cause a distraction to his team and they have every right to fire his ass.

When did he NOT "play football" tho?

He has every right to free speech as any of us do, he doesn't lose that right because he's a football player... wtf are you talking about???

That's between him and the team if they fire him... And even if they do, that could be a very ugly situation for the team and league... not for him... It's on the same level as firing someone because of their religion...  Because this is over his BELIEF of what he feels the Anthem means to him... and apparently, right now, it doesn't mean much...

if they fire him, you can bet YOUR LIFE, the "stated" reason won't be because of him sitting down...

They know better...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 03:51:13 PM »

And no where in the NFL rules does it say you need to stand during the nat'l anthem.... Because a person gets paid means they cant have an opinion you might not agree with? lol get over yourselves.
Hey Vinny, Do you know how many men and woman have lost their lives in order for that washed up Qb to

even have that RIGHT to do that????

Exactly why its so contradictory for any of you to make an argument against it... lmao...

He's honoring them MORE by exercising the RIGHT they FOUGHT FOR!

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 03:53:35 PM »

And no where in the NFL rules does it say you need to stand during the nat'l anthem.... Because a person gets paid means they cant have an opinion you might not agree with? lol get over yourselves.

And there's no law saying that if an elderly person falls down on the street you are required to help them up, it's just the right thing to do.

The point is, there are something which are sacred to others, if by your personal choice you choose to not perform certain acts in certain situations, you will be disrespecting the people who believe in that very act.  Obviously this guy feels wronged by all of us in America, so Colin let me extend my heartfelt apology for my personal oppression of you.  If you'd like I can send a handwritten apology note from the shitty little townhouse I live in to your mansion, just drop me the address.

Maybe the cause for which he protested is sacred to him...

But nobody cares about that tho...

He made it abundantly clear what he was protesting and why...

If people can't understand or respect what he did, they are just fucking crybabies... and guess what... you have the RIGHT to cry about it, just like he has a RIGHT to sit down...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2016, 03:56:21 PM »

No Vinny, let a washed up fuck face like the self hating half a black and I wont say man cause he isnt worthy of the term be a fucking asshole.   He was raised by a white family after his black father abandoned him and raised so well by a white family he was able to make it to the NFL.  Now he spits in their faces and is a testament to why bi racial children are more times than not, dysfunctional by virtue of their biracial origins and the reverse racism and I am a victim mentality of the Left and the black community.

Jews have been enslaved for 7000 years, not 200 and we didnt sell our own into it.  I lost 36 members of my family in WW II. Nobody is crying like this fucking piece of shit Nancy boy who is washed up and no longer worthy of an NFL jersey.

Canada awaits him. I hope he likes snow.

Yeah and Vinny, as usual....  SMH    [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/i

Typical racist response... from the closet racist of the forum...

None of what you typed in that first pragraph has SHIT to do with anything!

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 03:58:55 PM »

BTW, I spent 24 years in the USAF, the last 7 in AF Spec Ops.  My wife is a USAF Major (been in 15 years) and my oldest son is a USAF Captain (will be in Dec) and has been in 16 years.  They all do their job under that flag and despite any political or ideological disagreement going on in the country, that should have no affect as to what that flag represents.

Kaeper-jerk is a tool for a group that ignores the truth and has a destructive agenda (and is George Soros funded).  'Colon' is too ignorant to see that those "black bodies piling up in the streets" are not from cops, but by those of the same race (Chicago, Detroit, ect). 

But he's talking about the black bodies being piled up by cops and abusers of authority... not black bodies piling up from black on black crime...

They have nothing to do with each other...

We should EXPECT MORE from COPS... dumbass... 

Your ignorance is overwhelming...

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2016, 03:59:33 PM »

So many of you served yet have no idea what the fuck freedom means. that is Pretty funny.

Go ahead Keep your Fox News propaganda bullshit to yourselves.

Didn't realize there was so much ignorance around here. Explain a lot really. I'm out. Peace.

You didn't know Vinny?  They're all over this place... lmao...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:44:52 PM by varaider »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 04:00:27 PM »

So many of you served yet have no idea what the fuck freedom means. that is Pretty funny.

Go ahead Keep your Fox News propaganda bullshit to yourselves.

Didn't realize there was so much ignorance around here. Explain a lot really. I'm out. Peace.

No, you are missing our point (but I'm not surprised considering).   We get the whole freedom of speech thing ......really.  But free speech can have consequences... especially from those who disagree or may be affected by that speech.  The old standby; you can't yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater is the standard example.  What 'colon' did just didn't affect him, it's affected others .... but even more important, he has brought derision, and unwelcomed attention down on the 49ers, even the NFL.   On top of that, his whole argument for doing it is BS and ignorant.

Oh, and I don't get my opinion from Fox News so save the accusation for someone else.

the point is, you're a crybaby piece of shit, crying about what someone else chose to do with thei God-givean and COUNTRY given right...

STFU

gza77

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »

to preface, i'll admit to not having gone back and read anything prior to this page.

as someone who isn't american, i find this whole uproar a bit strange.  how is someone not standing for the anthem the end of the world, but when your own citizens are killing each other at staggering rates and your police forces are continuing to racially profile while becoming increasingly militarized, it's an afterthought in the discussion?

it seems to me there's some confusion in priorities here.  take the emotion out of it, step back, and think objectively about what's important.  it certainly isn't standing up in support of a flag or anthem over needless deaths and systematic oppression.  perhaps if your culture (and it certainly doesn't just pertain to the US, but in the context of this discussion) valued violence and the military a little less and helping people a little more, this wouldn't be an argument to be had.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 04:04:03 PM »

Who gives a shit... other than people who don't understand the struggle...  White privilege (or what I call ignorant privilege, because ignorance has no color) will do that to ya...

Until its your peers getting gunned down in the streets, being oppressed, racially profiled and treated as unequal... then maybe you'll understand...

Let some "Black" racist police officers or "militants" start gunning down suburban white kids based on race and "culture" and watch how reactions change...

If you're more mad about him protesting a song, than the CAUSE for which he's protesting, then you are what's wrong with this country... period...

And for those of you who say he's disrespecting our military and those who fight for us... Then you are clueless as fuck!

Like a Veteran told me...

"We don't fight, bleed and die for him to stand for the Anthem...  We fight, bleed and die so he can sit if he wants too...."

It's because you don't get it... it's not just about the military... it's about a lot more than that. 

And cry me a fuckin' river when blacks (Yeah I said it) are killing each other at numbers greater than some war zones.  It's so fuckin rare that a cop kills a black man... in fact, there are more whites killed by cops and whites are killed by blacks by a far greater number than visa versa despite blacks only being 13% of the population.  Look it the fuck up!  You are one of the ignorant ones!

Nah, you're more ignorant than I thought...  I didn't say it was "just" about the military... I said to "THOSE WHO SAY"... try reading next time...instead of just seeing BLACK and hopping on your "MURIKKKA" bullshit...

Pay Attention...

This isn't about "Blacks killing Blacks"... but your type always wants to sidetrack with that argument... Well guess what, whites kill whites, whites kill blacks, blacks kill whites... So your point in saying that is moot and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue... NEWS FLASH... People kill people... (This is the Ignorance I was talking about folks)...

Those aren't the people we're (he's) talking about...

It's about people in POWER or AUTHORITY abusing that PRIVILEGE and doing whatever the fuck they want, not limited to killing... but discrimination, profiling, injustice etc... JUST BECAUSE THEY LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE BEACAUSE OF THEIR SKIN COLOR OR CULTURE!  And it just so happens that THOSE issues mentioned happen to US more than it does YOU...

It JUST SO HAPPENS that BLACK PEOPLE (dumbass) were LEGALLY discriminated against, LEGALLY treated as LESS than a man/woman (remember the 3/5 clause in the CONSTITUTION)... Look that up, smart guy...  Lynched, hung, our woman raped, families seperated, Jim Crow laws, not being allowed to VOTE...the fucking list goes on and on... How about you crunch THOSE numbers..

And if you think it isn't a million MFs walking around America, even people in POWER, that still WISH for those days, and still LOOK at us and inferior, then you are the dumbest MF on this earth...

Or just "ignorant"... 

But you don't understand that tho...  That's your Ignorant Priviliege... cuz you've rarely, if ever... in your life... been SYSTEMATICALLY judged by the color of your skin... and have NEVER been through any of the shit listed above...

Which is why people like you need to STFU, if all you can say is "blacks kill blacks"... Like we don't give a shit about our people killing each other or something... Fuck You!  You half-minded sack of shit!

I DEFNITELY GET IT... Its called FREEDOM OF SPEECH!  And somehow this BLACK MAN is getting chastised, racially slurred, etc, etc, etc... all because he chose to use his "fame" and "presence" as a VESSEL to bring notice to what you obviously don't get...

So shut the fuck up, sit back in your corner... and look up some more "numbers" that ain't got SHIT to do with why that man chose to protest... under his FREE WILL to do so as an AMERICAN!

Dumb ass...

You have no idea ... what I know.  o;)   

Well, I'll just say from this "dumb ass" to an ignorant fool..... I'm not going to waste anymore time carrying this on with the ideological brain dead.

Thanks... I may not... but your comments definitely reveal all that you don't know...

The only thing dead is your point, that's why you have nothing to say...

Fuck You with an AIDS dick...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:45:36 PM by varaider »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.