RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Del Rio: Raiders prefer their players 'respect the flag'  (Read 18485 times)

SoCal_Mike

• Franchise Member
  • Pride and poise
    • View Profile
Re: Del Rio: Raiders prefer their players 'respect the flag'
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 11:27:40 PM »

He's actually exercising his freedom of speech. And using the benefit of his platform he has to get a message across at a great cost that he knows will come.  You want to force him to do something he doesnt want to do? That's not very American is it?

Gained alot of respect for Kaepernick. Used to hate him. But what he did and said took a ton of guts.

Didnt respond because I know it'll ruffle alot of feather around here but it is what it is...

There is no such thing as free speech when your on the clock. 

I don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand.

I watch football to get away from the shitty world we live in. 

Its not his platform.  The platform belongs to the NFL.  If it becomes popular for players to start "Protesting" what ever they don't like I will stop watching and just go fishing on Sundays.

That's the truth right there!  There are people getting fired for putting things their employer finds questionable on Facebook.  If the cable guy comes in to fix my TV and starts in on social issues and where he stands on them with me I'd be the same way, do that on your time, not mine. 

The 49ers are paying him to play football, when you put on the uniform that's all you should be doing, especially when you're pulling down bank to be a shitty second string QB.

RVinnyT

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 11:57:21 PM »

And no where in the NFL rules does it say you need to stand during the nat'l anthem.... Because a person gets paid means they cant have an opinion you might not agree with? lol get over yourselves.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:07:57 AM by RVinnyT »
Raider Nation Lifer

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 01:16:22 AM »

And no where in the NFL rules does it say you need to stand during the nat'l anthem.... Because a person gets paid means they cant have an opinion you might not agree with? lol get over yourselves.
Hey Vinny, Do you know how many men and woman have lost their lives in order for that washed up Qb to

even have that RIGHT to do that????

RaiderinKorea

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 01:21:35 AM »

You're right the NFL does not state that but 36 U.S. Code 301 does;
(b) Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1)  when the flag is displayed—
(A)   individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;

(B)   members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and

(C)   all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart;

SoCal_Mike

• Franchise Member
  • Pride and poise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 01:39:19 AM »

And there's no law saying that if an elderly person falls down on the street you are required to help them up, it's just the right thing to do.

The point is, there are something which are sacred to others, if by your personal choice you choose to not perform certain acts in certain situations, you will be disrespecting the people who believe in that very act.  Obviously this guy feels wronged by all of us in America, so Colin let me extend my heartfelt apology for my personal oppression of you.  If you'd like I can send a handwritten apology note from the shitty little townhouse I live in to your mansion, just drop me the address.

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
  • How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 05:56:56 AM »

No Vinny, let a washed up fuck face like the self hating half a black and I wont say man cause he isnt worthy of the term be a fucking asshole.   He was raised by a white family after his black father abandoned him and raised so well by a white family he was able to make it to the NFL.  Now he spits in their faces and is a testament to why bi racial children are more times than not, dysfunctional by virtue of their biracial origins and the reverse racism and I am a victim mentality of the Left and the black community.

Jews have been enslaved for 7000 years, not 200 and we didnt sell our own into it.  I lost 36 members of my family in WW II. Nobody is crying like this fucking piece of shit Nancy boy who is washed up and no longer worthy of an NFL jersey.

Canada awaits him. I hope he likes snow.

Yeah and Vinny, as usual....  SMH    [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/i
There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie :)

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 07:26:16 AM »

OK, I'll preface this with the statement that I'm a ten year USAF veteran and have a deep reverence for the flag and our country.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

So, I am a huge supporter of the Bill of Rights, you have a right to say what you want even if myself or others find it objectionable and vise versa.  But my take on his stance is "this country is so fucked up that it's not worthy of my respect".  There are things that need to be fixed and wrongs that need to be righted, there is no denying that.  But there still is a lot right with this country.  Many Americans selflessly sacrificed their lives to give us the right to speak our mind and what he did is just disrespectful to those people and our country.  I don't have an issue with his opinion but he just picked a really bad way to express it.  

BTW, I spent 24 years in the USAF, the last 7 in AF Spec Ops.  My wife is a USAF Major (been in 15 years) and my oldest son is a USAF Captain (will be in Dec) and has been in 16 years.  They all do their job under that flag and despite any political or ideological disagreement going on in the country, that should have no affect as to what that flag represents.

Kaeper-jerk is a tool for a group that ignores the truth and has a destructive agenda (and is George Soros funded).  'Colon' is too ignorant to see that those "black bodies piling up in the streets" are not from cops, but by those of the same race (Chicago, Detroit, ect). 

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
  • How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 07:59:36 AM »

Righteous Ghost.
There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie :)

RVinnyT

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2016, 08:59:54 AM »

So many of you served yet have no idea what the fuck freedom means. that is Pretty funny.

Go ahead Keep your Fox News propaganda bullshit to yourselves.

Didn't realize there was so much ignorance around here. Explain a lot really. I'm out. Peace.
Raider Nation Lifer

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 10:18:40 AM »

So many of you served yet have no idea what the fuck freedom means. that is Pretty funny.

Go ahead Keep your Fox News propaganda bullshit to yourselves.

Didn't realize there was so much ignorance around here. Explain a lot really. I'm out. Peace.

No, you are missing our point (but I'm not surprised considering).   We get the whole freedom of speech thing ......really.  But free speech can have consequences... especially from those who disagree or may be affected by that speech.  The old standby; you can't yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater is the standard example.  What 'colon' did just didn't affect him, it's affected others .... but even more important, he has brought derision, and unwelcomed attention down on the 49ers, even the NFL.   On top of that, his whole argument for doing it is BS and ignorant.

Oh, and I don't get my opinion from Fox News so save the accusation for someone else.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:21:03 AM by ghostmech »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 01:32:06 PM »

Who gives a shit... other than people who don't understand the struggle...  White privilege (or what I call ignorant privilege, because ignorance has no color) will do that to ya...

Until its your peers getting gunned down in the streets, being oppressed, racially profiled and treated as unequal... then maybe you'll understand...

Let some "Black" racist police officers or "militants" start gunning down suburban white kids based on race and "culture" and watch how reactions change...

If you're more mad about him protesting a song, than the CAUSE for which he's protesting, then you are what's wrong with this country... period...

And for those of you who say he's disrespecting our military and those who fight for us... Then you are clueless as fuck!

Like a Veteran told me...

"We don't fight, bleed and die for him to stand for the Anthem...  We fight, bleed and die so he can sit if he wants too...."

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2016, 02:15:15 PM »

Who gives a shit... other than people who don't understand the struggle...  White privilege (or what I call ignorant privilege, because ignorance has no color) will do that to ya...

Until its your peers getting gunned down in the streets, being oppressed, racially profiled and treated as unequal... then maybe you'll understand...

Let some "Black" racist police officers or "militants" start gunning down suburban white kids based on race and "culture" and watch how reactions change...

If you're more mad about him protesting a song, than the CAUSE for which he's protesting, then you are what's wrong with this country... period...

And for those of you who say he's disrespecting our military and those who fight for us... Then you are clueless as fuck!

"We don't fight, bleed and die for him to stand for the Anthem...  We fight, bleed and die so he can sit if he wants too...."

It's because you don't get it... it's not just about the military... it's about a lot more than that.  

And cry me a fuckin' river when blacks (Yeah I said it) are killing each other at numbers greater than some war zones.  It's so fuckin rare that a cop kills a black man... in fact, there are more whites killed by cops and whites are killed by blacks by a far greater number than visa versa despite blacks only being 13% of the population.  Look it the fuck up!  You are one of the ignorant ones!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:18:52 PM by ghostmech »

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2016, 02:47:53 PM »

Who gives a shit... other than people who don't understand the struggle...  White privilege (or what I call ignorant privilege, because ignorance has no color) will do that to ya...

"We don't fight, bleed and die for him to stand for the Anthem...  We fight, bleed and die so he can sit if he wants too...."

It's because you don't get it... it's not just about the military... it's about a lot more than that. 

And cry me a fuckin' river when blacks (Yeah I said it) are killing each other at numbers greater than some war zones.  It's so fuckin rare that a cop kills a black man... in fact, there are more whites killed by cops and whites are killed by blacks by a far greater number than visa versa despite blacks only being 13% of the population.  Look it the fuck up!  You are one of the ignorant ones!

Nah, you're more ignorant than I thought...  I didn't say it was "just" about the military... I said to "THOSE WHO SAY"... try reading next time...instead of just seeing BLACK and hopping on your "MURIKKKA" bullshit...

Pay Attention...

This isn't about "Blacks killing Blacks"... but your type always wants to sidetrack with that argument... Well guess what, whites kill whites, whites kill blacks, blacks kill whites... So your point in saying that is moot and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue... NEWS FLASH... People kill people... (This is the Ignorance I was talking about folks)...

Those aren't the people we're (he's) talking about...

It's about people in POWER or AUTHORITY abusing that PRIVILEGE and doing whatever the fuck they want, not limited to killing... but discrimination, profiling, injustice etc... JUST BECAUSE THEY LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE BEACAUSE OF THEIR SKIN COLOR OR CULTURE!  And it just so happens that THOSE issues mentioned happen to US more than it does YOU...

It JUST SO HAPPENS that BLACK PEOPLE (dumbass) were LEGALLY discriminated against, LEGALLY treated as LESS than a man/woman (remember the 3/5 clause in the CONSTITUTION)... Look that up, smart guy...  Lynched, hung, our woman raped, families seperated, Jim Crow laws, not being allowed to VOTE...the fucking list goes on and on... How about you crunch THOSE numbers..

And if you think it isn't a million MFs walking around America, even people in POWER, that still WISH for those days, and still LOOK at us and inferior, then you are the dumbest MF on this earth...

Or just "ignorant"... 

But you don't understand that tho...  That's your Ignorant Priviliege... cuz you've rarely, if ever... in your life... been SYSTEMATICALLY judged by the color of your skin... and have NEVER been through any of the shit listed above...

Which is why people like you need to STFU, if all you can say is "blacks kill blacks"... Like we don't give a shit about our people killing each other or something... Fuck You!  You half-minded sack of shit!

I DEFNITELY GET IT... Its called FREEDOM OF SPEECH!  And somehow this BLACK MAN is getting chastised, racially slurred, etc, etc, etc... all because he chose to use his "fame" and "presence" as a VESSEL to bring notice to what you obviously don't get...

So shut the fuck up, sit back in your corner... and look up some more "numbers" that ain't got SHIT to do with why that man chose to protest... under his FREE WILL to do so as an AMERICAN!

Dumb ass...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:59:32 PM by varaider »

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2016, 02:49:42 PM »

The Struggle???  The vast majority of the publicized shootings have been proven to be much different than the media and "Community" is willing to accept. 

Some good rules to not get shot by police.

Don't sell drugs on the street. If you get caught comply with the police instructions.

If you are selling drugs and have a gun or weapon on you do not run or try to use your weapon if the Police try to take you into custody.

Do not attack a cop sitting in his police car and try to take his weapon away.

If you are driving your car and have a weapon in site of the officer when he approaches put both hands out the window and tell the officer you have a weapon and are not a threat. 

If you pull a gun on another citizen and stay in the same location when the police arrive put your hands on the top of your head and do everything the police say.

I could go on.  Most of us don't need instructions like this.

varaider

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2016, 03:14:09 PM »

Who gives a shit... other than people who don't understand the struggle...  White privilege (or what I call ignorant privilege, because ignorance has no color) will do that to ya...

"We don't fight, bleed and die for him to stand for the Anthem...  We fight, bleed and die so he can sit if he wants too...."

The Struggle???  The vast majority of the publicized shootings have been proven to be much different than the media and "Community" is willing to accept. 

Some good rules to not get shot by police.

Don't sell drugs on the street. If you get caught comply with the police instructions.

If you are selling drugs and have a gun or weapon on you do not run or try to use your weapon if the Police try to take you into custody.

Do not attack a cop sitting in his police car and try to take his weapon away.

If you are driving your car and have a weapon in site of the officer when he approaches put both hands out the window and tell the officer you have a weapon and are not a threat. 

If you pull a gun on another citizen and stay in the same location when the police arrive put your hands on the top of your head and do everything the police say.

I could go on.  Most of us don't need instructions like this.

Uhhhhh Yea... the STRUGGLE... of being BLACK in a racially biased environment, that consumes most of America still to this day...

But what about the ones who follow the "rules"...

What about the unarmed counselor that was shot trying to help the autistic kid, while LYING ON THE GROUND WITH HIS HANDS IN THE AIR?

Or the old dude that tried to "run" from the police and they shot him in his BACK and killed him... unarmed... old, running (slow as fuck at that)...

Or 12 year old Tamir Rice PLAYING at a PARK with a toy gun, and the cops shot him in less than 5 seconds or some shit...

Or the guy who TOLD the officer he had a weapon... and the officer asked him for ID, and when he reached for it, he shot him... with his fiance and daughter in the car?

Or Eric Garner who was choked to DEATH for TRYING TO BREATHE... ON VIDEO..

Freddie Gray who mysteriously broke his own neck and back while handcuffed in the back of a Polic van...

How about we take it back to little Emmitt Till, the CHILD who was tortured for "looking" at a white lady...

I guess we're just supposed to FORGET shit like that...

How about you tell firefighters and first responders all across the country to "forget" about 9/11?!?!?!

Miss me with all the follow the rules bullshit, We can follow the rules and still get killed...

That shit you saying falls on dead ears... If you ain't been through it, then don't speak on it... I have... and if you have, then you SHOULD know wtf we're talking about, instead of saying "follow the rules"...

IJS...

you MFs may not notice, or "care"... but SOME (if not MOST) of us DO!  And when we feel like it needs to be discussed, we get MFs like you and Ghost, saying to basically "Get over it" or "Blacks kill blacks" and completely ignoring the issue we're speaking on...... 

Fuck that mindframe and you if you feel that way... That shit still exists in this country, and as long as it does, nothing will change... For us...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 03:21:55 PM by varaider »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.