RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Del Rio: Raiders prefer their players 'respect the flag'  (Read 18139 times)

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Re: Del Rio: Raiders prefer their players 'respect the flag'
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 10:32:12 PM »

Teams should not have to ask their players to stand for the National Anthem. 

I wish the Bronco's pulled off the trade for Kap.   This town would have been going crazy now.  I guarantee Elway would have cut him already.

805raiderslo

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:11:24 PM »

Wow! 87 views and only 1 response! I though for sure this would stir some replies out of people! Guess I was wrong!

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »

Wow! 87 views and only 1 response! I though for sure this would stir some replies out of people! Guess I was wrong!

Here's a response: Fuck 'Colon' Kaeperjerk-off!

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 04:17:54 PM »

Here's a response: Fuck 'Colon' Kaeperjerk-off!

Great response!!!!! 

I don't know of any job where you can make political statements on the clock.  At my work it doesn't matter if you were wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt or a pro Trump shirt they would write you up or fire you on the spot.

When he's doing anything team affiliated he represents the team and the NFL not his own political beliefs.  If he doesn't like that he should get a different job.

RVinnyT

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »

He's actually exercising his freedom of speech. And using the benefit of his platform he has to get a message across at a great cost that he knows will come.  You want to force him to do something he doesnt want to do? That's not very American is it?

Gained alot of respect for Kaepernick. Used to hate him. But what he did and said took a ton of guts.

Didnt respond because I know it'll ruffle alot of feather around here but it is what it is...

Raider Nation Lifer

JackTatum

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 04:52:11 PM »

I'm all for freedom of speech. There's just a way to do without disrespect. Case in point, those NBA players who wore Black Lives Matter. They did that pre-game. They still stood for the National Anthem. Those Olympians who won Gold in Mexico City in 1968. They still stood. You can still protest and show respect.

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 05:07:05 PM »

He's actually exercising his freedom of speech. And using the benefit of his platform he has to get a message across at a great cost that he knows will come.  You want to force him to do something he doesnt want to do? That's not very American is it?

Gained alot of respect for Kaepernick. Used to hate him. But what he did and said took a ton of guts.

Didnt respond because I know it'll ruffle alot of feather around here but it is what it is...

Fuck that... his reasoning is ignorant and completely untrue.   Whether he (or you) like it or not, he represents an organization, not just his selfish self.  Things like this can tear a team apart.  I have zero respect for that ignorant  ingrate......

I'll reserve my respect for this guy instead.....

and this guy.....

RaiderinKorea

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 06:14:26 PM »

I agree that he does have the right to do this, but if he really wants to make a statement, then write a check to an organization that can use it, build a football field in an underprivileged neighborhood, but sitting during the national anthem, that disrespects the men and women that fought and gave their lives so you can have your freedom of speech.   

SoCal_Mike

• Franchise Member
  • Pride and poise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 06:26:16 PM »

OK, I'll preface this with the statement that I'm a ten year USAF veteran and have a deep reverence for the flag and our country.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

So, I am a huge supporter of the Bill of Rights, you have a right to say what you want even if myself or others find it objectionable and vise versa.  But my take on his stance is "this country is so fucked up that it's not worthy of my respect".  There are things that need to be fixed and wrongs that need to be righted, there is no denying that.  But there still is a lot right with this country.  Many Americans selflessly sacrificed their lives to give us the right to speak our mind and what he did is just disrespectful to those people and our country.  I don't have an issue with his opinion but he just picked a really bad way to express it.  

B.C.RAIDERS4life

• All Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 09:49:13 PM »

OK, I'll preface this with the statement that I'm a ten year USAF veteran and have a deep reverence for the flag and our country.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

So, I am a huge supporter of the Bill of Rights, you have a right to say what you want even if myself or others find it objectionable and vise versa.  But my take on his stance is "this country is so fucked up that it's not worthy of my respect".  There are things that need to be fixed and wrongs that need to be righted, there is no denying that.  But there still is a lot right with this country.  Many Americans selflessly sacrificed their lives to give us the right to speak our mind and what he did is just disrespectful to those people and our country.  I don't have an issue with his opinion but he just picked a really bad way to express it.  

Well said, there are less offensive and more direct ways to get your opinion out on wtf is going on in the USA and the division, police brutality and inequality.  The anthem is bigger than any individual as it stands for the freedoms we all
enjoy.  I would not want to offend in anyway those who serve and put their lives on the line for my freedom and standing for the anthem stands for just that. 

RVinnyT

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 09:52:19 PM »

1. How do you know he doesn't donate money or do anything to help his cause?

2. If you don't think what he says about groups of people being treated unfairly and unjustly are true then there is no point arguing with you.

3. You can respect soldiers who fought for your freedom and Kaepernick at the same time . It's not one or the other kind of thing. Lol his issue wasn't with the military, you and everyone else just made yourselves think it is for some reason.

4. Kaep even mentioned veterans who have fought in the war and come back and are treated like shit. But that gets left out of the narrative most the time. Can you guess why?

5. Let me know a more effective way to shed a light on these issues? The NBA t shirt thing? It was nice but what has that accomplished? I feel This can be the start of real much needed change, only time will tell at this point.

6. If you get more worked up about this than Greg hardy being in the league still you have issues.

7. Again, Kaep is exercising his freedom those soldiers earned for him, forcing him to stand for something he doesn't believe in because it's "unamerican" is in itself "unamerican" no?

8. You could love America for its goods and criticize it for Its faults at the same time. It's kinda how you become a great nation

7. If you don't agree with it, that's cool with me. I can understand your reasoning. I'm just giving you mine.

I think that's everything.
Raider Nation Lifer

The one

• HOF Member
  • "The only easy day was yesterday"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 10:06:30 PM »

Fuck him. I am a veteran and served during wartime. That flag represents people who gave all so he can earn millions of dollars for being a sorry ass QB while playing a kids game.

He represents his EMPLOYER while in uniform and collecting paycheck.

Retweeting and posting/and saying the same old shit that the brainwashed sheep repeat every minute of everyday does not constitute activism. Its only means he has no independent thought on that matter. Where was all his "concern" when he happened to be a sorry ass QB on a great running and defensive unit? He didn't say shit until he ass is on the wire of being cut and or traded. He is an asshole to the media, he dresses like a wannabe 16 year old high school fuck boy and speaks in fragmented sentences.

I live in the Bay Area, and this topic is all over the 3 local sports station. I would say about 90 plus percent of Niner fans, plus the local station thinks he is a dumbs, not to mention he sucks on the field. Fuck him and his stupid as attitude.
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.”   ? Sun Tzu, The Art of War

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 11:02:54 PM »

There is no such thing as free speech when your on the clock. 

I don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand.

I watch football to get away from the shitty world we live in. 

Its not his platform.  The platform belongs to the NFL.  If it becomes popular for players to start "Protesting" what ever they don't like I will stop watching and just go fishing on Sundays.

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 11:05:46 PM »

I agree that he does have the right to do this, but if he really wants to make a statement, then write a check to an organization that can use it, build a football field in an underprivileged neighborhood, but sitting during the national anthem, that disrespects the men and women that fought and gave their lives so you can have your freedom of speech.   

He's getting paid to play football not protest.

He has no right to cause a distraction to his team and they have every right to fire his ass.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.