RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G Evan Mathis signs with Broncos  (Read 2630 times)

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
  • How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
G Evan Mathis signs with Broncos
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:20:20 PM »

This will be interesting.  Feliciano is not very good at this point in time.  He whiffed on a lot of blocks VS Minnesota and if its any indication, hes another Bergstrom but its still too early to tell.

Thats said, if we are weak at our RG spot, I believe we made a mistake not signing this guy when we had the money to do so and now we will have full opportunity to see why twice this year and throughout the season.

I hope Tice can do something about the RG spot with Webb, Howard, McCants or Barnes.

And I can hear the nay sayers chiming in that he was a differrent system kind of player and this and that, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Your voices are drowned out by John Madden and Tom Flores who said "If you have a chance to sign a Pro Bowl player who will make your team better, you do it."

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/AFC-West-Update-Evan-Mathis-Signs-With-Broncos-Dominant-Defense-Brewing-in-San-Diego/f321213a-21ee-44cb-9f0d-96a0c337cc50
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:22:22 PM by TheMadStork »
There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie :)

Raidersmojo

Re: G Evan Mathis signs with Broncos
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 08:34:23 AM »

This will be interesting.  Feliciano is not very good at this point in time.  He whiffed on a lot of blocks VS Minnesota and if its any indication, hes another Bergstrom but its still too early to tell.

Thats said, if we are weak at our RG spot, I believe we made a mistake not signing this guy when we had the money to do so and now we will have full opportunity to see why twice this year and throughout the season.

I hope Tice can do something about the RG spot with Webb, Howard, McCants or Barnes.

And I can hear the nay sayers chiming in that he was a differrent system kind of player and this and that, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Your voices are drowned out by John Madden and Tom Flores who said "If you have a chance to sign a Pro Bowl player who will make your team better, you do it."

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/AFC-West-Update-Evan-Mathis-Signs-With-Broncos-Dominant-Defense-Brewing-in-San-Diego/f321213a-21ee-44cb-9f0d-96a0c337cc50

Too bad Felicano is ranked as the second best guard in preseason by PPF. But, yeah, he's "so bad." Let me guess, you saw that on film?

I'll take pro football focus's opinion over your crying.

–Rookie guard Jon Feliciano out of Miami (Fla.) has quietly put two solid preseason games together, following up last week’s +2.4 grade against St. Louis with a +1.5. He’s only allowed one QB hurry and his +3.8 run-blocking grade is easily the best on the team.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:37:12 AM by Raidersmojo »

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 09:34:46 AM »

No, in the game against Minnesota and on the Oakland Raider depth chart.

Guy was gettign beat a lot from what I saw and I am watching it right now.  Again.

I guess you just go by PFF?  Do they factor int he fact he is playign against 2nd and 3rd or 4th teamers?

I am not crying so save that shit for someone else and go watch the game again fuckface.

Mathis is a 2 time Pro Bowl Guard and Feliciano is our 3rd or 4th stringer?  I see your point.  Its on the top of your head.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.  

Now why dont you stop crying and go watch the game again Nancyboy...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:41:30 AM by TheMadStork »

Raidersmojo

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:00:44 AM »

Guy was gettign beat a lot from what I saw and I am watching it right now.  Again.

Apparently you need to either see an optometrist or you don't know what you're watching.

I guess you just go by PFF?  Do they factor int he fact he is playign against 2nd and 3rd or 4th teamers?

Last time I checked you still have to do your job to grade out favorably. Regardless of whether its against 1st string or 9th string.

And, I don't go by what PFF says, but I will take a site that many, even in the industry use, for statistics over a guy who just watches the games and gets sensitive whenever someone doesn't agree with his opinion.

Someone doing it for a living and is non-biased vs someone who is biased. Pretty easy one there.

I am not crying so save that shit for someone else and go watch the game again fuckface.

Getting a bit sensitive are we?  :'( :'( :'(

You are crying. Check out the thread. We already made a mistake, you're bashing the "nay sayers", and making stuff up (Jon is so bad!).

Mathis is a 2 time Pro Bowl Guard and Feliciano is our 3rd or 4th stringer?  I see your point.  Its on the top of your head.

And 31 teams passed on him and he only got a job with a broncos team that is losing linemen by the second. What does that tell you?

Good one! I say you're crying, so what do you do? Tell me I'm crying. Very, very original.

;) ;D

That was hilarious. Thank you.

Drunken Madstork meltdown in....3....2.....1

Limb Reaper

• Administrator
  • Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 10:59:53 AM »

BTW...not to toot my own horn but I predicted that Mathis would sign with the Donks weeks ago. He said he turned down more money from some unknown team to sign with a "contender".

Who knows Stork, maybe McKenzie was the bridesmaid again.

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 11:08:47 AM »

Guy was gettign beat a lot from what I saw and I am watching it right now.  Again.

Apparently you need to either see an optometrist or you don't know what you're watching.

I guess you just go by PFF?  Do they factor int he fact he is playign against 2nd and 3rd or 4th teamers?

Last time I checked you still have to do your job to grade out favorably. Regardless of whether its against 1st string or 9th string.

And, I don't go by what PFF says, but I will take a site that many, even in the industry use, for statistics over a guy who just watches the games and gets sensitive whenever someone doesn't agree with his opinion.

Someone doing it for a living and is non-biased vs someone who is biased. Pretty easy one there.

Getting a bit sensitive are we?  :'( :'( :'(

You are crying. Check out the thread. We already made a mistake, you're bashing the "nay sayers", and making stuff up (Jon is so bad!).

Mathis is a 2 time Pro Bowl Guard and Feliciano is our 3rd or 4th stringer?  I see your point.  Its on the top of your head.

And 31 teams passed on him and he only got a job with a broncos team that is losing linemen by the second. What does that tell you?

Good one! I say you're crying, so what do you do? Tell me I'm crying. Very, very original.

;) ;D

That was hilarious. Thank you.

Drunken Madstork meltdown in....3....2.....1

Not drunk at all.  Try again Llama Boy.  Lest ye forget, I am going with John Madden;s ohilosophy which I heard him say myself, you are going with faulty ratings form preseason from a guy deep on our depth chart and no where near starting fo rus.

Another stupid thing to say is 31 teams passed on Mathis.  Really?  Wow, yo are dumb.  Obviously Mathis passed on 31 teams and was waiting to sign with a contender.  RM probably inquired and his agent laughed and we signed Webb, who looks great BTW.  Reallly, you should watch the game before you run your fucking mouth.

Shall we review?  Before we do let me just say that Johnny Manziel,  playing against 2's and 3's is rated higher than Carr.  So based on your logic or lack thereof rather, we should trade Carr for Manziel.

The Broncos are a Super Bowl caliber team and Mathis, 2 time pro bowler, steps right in and is the starting Guard.  Feliciano, who I was high on until he faltered and who seems to be a good power blocker but cant pull for his life it seems and looks lost in space and does get pushed back sometimes by big DT's, sits behind Webb, who didnt play at all last year but looks like a man mountain wall and is playing well now and does not get pushed around by anyone, that means the starters he is playign against and Barnes, our career back up and potentially McCants, another career back up, who may beat him out but this guy sitting at 3rd or 4th string for us who has never played a snap in the NFL is better than a 2 time Pro Bowler who is starting for the Broncos?  Last year's Pro Bowl too.  

Someone in this conversation is drunk but it aint me and I hope youre drunk Nancy, if not, youre dumb.  Really dumb.

Im glad he grades out well against 2nd stringers and 3rd string rookies.  Now lets see if he even makes the team.  lol

No go cry me a river.  Ive had enough of your stupidity and do not possess the shortcoming of needing the last word, especially when I know Im right.  You look stupid dude, enjoy it.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:24:46 AM by TheMadStork »

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 11:25:47 AM »

You  call this crying?  Again you are now not only dumb, now you are an asshole too but a lot of people already knew this, I didnt.  Now I do..  Enjoy it.

Raidersmojo

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 06:06:20 PM »

Not drunk at all.  Try again Llama Boy.

Llama boy? Is that supposed to be an insult?

you are going with faulty ratings form preseason from a guy deep on our depth chart and no where near starting fo rus.

How are they faulty? What measurements do they use that are not accurate? What would be a better measurement? Can't wait to see you spin yourself out of this one.

Obviously Mathis passed on 31 teams and was waiting to sign with a contender.

There was a story that came out a month or two back where it talked about no one being interested in Mathis at his price range. Funny how people only became interested after there were numerous injuries among starting units, no?

NFL exec: Evan Mathis ‘just a guy’

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/06/evan_mathis_price_too_high_right_now_for_giants_ma.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/02/report-rams-not-interested-in-evan-mathis/

By the way, PFF ranked Mathis as the second ranked guard last year, does that mean their ratings are still faulty?

Reallly, you should watch the game before you run your fucking mouth.

I did watch the game. Guess I can open "my fucking mouth"  ;D :D ;)

Johnny Manziel,  playing against 2's and 3's is rated higher than Carr.  So based on your logic or lack thereof rather, we should trade Carr for Manziel.

Nah, we should trade for Landry Jones. Dude is the number 1 preseason QB (thats sarcasm in case you can't comprehend it).

Manziel has played more snaps than Carr, so I don't see how that is an accurate comparison. I also don't know why you're talking about "stats" I never brought up a players "stats" I brought up a run blocking grade.

But, if you want move the goal posts to suit your argument, you'd still be wrong. Tough Luck, McDuck.

The Broncos are a Super Bowl caliber team and Mathis, 2 time pro bowler, steps right in and is the starting Guard.

Because of injuries

Someone in this conversation is drunk but it aint me and I hope youre drunk Nancy, if not, youre dumb.  Really dumb.

Coming from you? I hardly find that insulting.

Im glad he grades out well against 2nd stringers and 3rd string rookies.  Now lets see if he even makes the team.  lol

1,000 dollars says he makes the team. Wanna take that bet? Put that money where your big mouth is

No go cry me a river

You mean "now" go cry me a river, slick rick?

Ive had enough of your stupidity and do not possess the shortcoming of needing the last word, especially when I know Im right.

You're right on me not being very bright. If I was, I would have not fought for you to come back. I would have said "let that drunken, asinine, pathetic excuse for a human being go." Then you could have taken your trash to a different site, before they got sick of you, and sent you packing.

You look stupid dude, enjoy it.

Nah, you know what looks stupid? When I just give you shit and then you go on these tirades. I'm literally sitting here LAUGHING at you. Because, I know, all it takes is just a couple of little jabs to get you going and then its an avalanche of embarrassment.

Sometimes I'm actually embarrassed for you. Those times are rare and usually fills the gaps of time when I'm not laughing at you.

ghostmech

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 06:41:27 PM »

BTW...not to toot my own horn but I predicted that Mathis would sign with the Donks weeks ago. He said he turned down more money from some unknown team to sign with a "contender".

Who knows Stork, maybe McKenzie was the bridesmaid again.

That was my first thought too....we will probably never know who he talked, but it wouldn't surprise me if RM made a play for him and he waited for another team.  The fact that it was the Donks makes it that much more plausible.

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 12:32:38 AM »

Exactly Ghostmech.

Now we have to face him twice a year and as a pulling Guard, he is light years better than Feliciano but that is not to say Feliciano cant be coached up and make the leap from 3rd string to starter some day.  I hope.

Webb looks really good though, Im happy we had the intelligence to give him a chance.  He will do well for us if his first 2 pre-season game performances are any indicator.

With all the weak offensive lines or weak links in decent offensive lines, to say that 31 teams passed on Mathis is well...  I think all of us with an ounce of intelligence can draw the same conclusion.  

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:37:01 AM by TheMadStork »

nutmg1

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »

The only reason Mathis was picked up by the Broncos is because they were about to be forced to start 2 rookies on the Left along with a 2nd year Center with no starts between the 3 of them. 

No one can say for sure why Mathis wasn't signed earlier but the story that he passed up 5.5 million a year for the 2.2 million up to 4 million the Bronco's gave him doesn't add up. 

He was going to hold out on the Eagles because he wanted more than 5 million if I remember right. 

If the League thought that highly of him he would have been signed as soon as he hit the open market.  There are a ton of teams that need help on the Oline. 

If he really walked away from a couple million dollars to play for the Broncos he's fucking stupid. 

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 11:57:53 AM »

Maybe he just didnt want to play for the Eagles.

Exactly no one can say for sure but he's in his 11th year and maybe he just wanted to take his time when he knew he could.  He signed with one of the best teams in the league so you can draw your own conclusions andn you have obviously read his mind and the minds of every coach anc manager int eh NFL so you're right.

The fact that he went to the Pro Bowl in 2013 and 2014 and was rated the #88 out of the "Top 100: players in the NFL in 2014 is irrelevant to supporting my notion he would have been a good signing.  

I get it...  I wont argue with your logic.

I will let the play on the field determine whose logic is logical.

As far as being stupid, the crowning glory of an NFL career is a Super Bowl ring so yes, I can see according to your logic, he would be really stupid to sign with Denver in his 11th season.  Yup...

Nuf said.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:01:04 PM by TheMadStork »

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 04:07:00 AM »

“Adding an All-Pro two days before Week 1 gives the whole team juice.  It’s exciting for everybody around here."  fullback and team captain Marcel Reece said.

Yeah, Mathis would have been a bad addition.  SMH  o;)

PS  Yes, with Webb we dont need him, luckily, not because of Feliciano, who hopefully will develop into a starting caliber NFL offensive lineman soon but who is still a project at this point in time and def not a Pro Bowler.   :-*

TheMadStork

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 05:56:21 PM »

So, time has come and gone and the results are in.

Evan Mathis was the best offensive lineman on the Denver Broncos this past season as they won the SuperBowl. They will the miss the living shit out of him when he is gone this year.

Simultaneously, Webb was the weak link and the worst player on our offensive line.

If I need to say anything else, you need to ask yourself why?     [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/i
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.