RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DENVER BRONCOS NEWS  (Read 2358 times)

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
DENVER BRONCOS NEWS
« on: June 11, 2015, 07:57:55 PM »

DENVER BRONCOS NEWS

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
Re: DENVER BRONCOS NEWS
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak has limited Peyton Manning's OTA reps in an effort to be "fresh and healthy" when training camp starts.

It also gives Kubiak a longer look at 24-year-old Brock Osweiler. Under Kubiak, the Broncos seem intent on placing less reliance on Manning to engineer their team, and more reliance on the pieces around him to provide a semblance of balance. The Broncos should have a strong run game and elite defense in 2015.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2015/06/10/peyton-manning-minicamp-denver-gary-kubiak/71026404/

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »

Montee Ball says the appendectomy he underwent last preseason sapped his strength early in the year.

Ball may have returned too quickly from the early-August procedure. He was ineffective early in the season, before suffering repeated groin injuries. "I feel great right now," said Ball, who is competing for the Broncos' starting job with C.J. Anderson. "I implemented a lot of pilates in my regimen to strengthen my core because they dug inside of me to get my appendix. And then that kind of weakened my core, which, I think, resulted in my groin going out. I focused on pilates and yoga, and I think it helped." Ball says his 2015 goals are to get "my starting spot back" and "rush for 1,000 yards."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28283717/montee-ball-out-regain-broncos-starting-job-after-trying-2014

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 08:07:12 PM »

C.J. Anderson reported to Broncos OTAs weighing 221 pounds, down more than 20 from the 2014 offseason.

Anderson shed the weight by "modifying his diet, and running hills and tracks in Colorado and California." Anderson weighed 243 at last year's OTAs. He finished the 2014 season weighing 223, and has now shed two more pounds. Anderson said his summer plan is to "lose even a little more weight," cutting out burgers and ice cream and replacing them with chicken and fish. "Sometimes it tastes like I am eating the same thing everyday," acknowledged Anderson, "but I know what it's going to do for me and the team in the long run."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28230707/broncos-c-j-anderson-leans-out-attempt-keep

BoNeSaW

• Franchise Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 06:56:05 AM »

Broncos end minicamp with questions about nose tackle

Wade Phillips said Sylvester Williams "has been exceptional"

The Broncos' offensive line may be beginning to take shape after the team's three-day mandatory minicamp, but questions remain on the other side of the ball.

In switching to the 3-4 defense, Denver has been on the lookout for a reliable nose tackle, and coach Gary Kubiak remained cautiously optimistic about the Broncos' options at this point.

"We got a little concern about the nose position, how we're going to go about it, but (Vance) Walker has made a lot of progress. Sly (Williams) has had a really good offseason. Marvin (Austin) has been nicked a little bit and has missed some time, so there's a little concern of how we're going to do that, but the good news is Wade (Phillips) has played with the big noses, he's played with the small guys, he's played with all of them.

Phillips said four guys on the Broncos' defensive line — Williams, Walker, Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe — have played well throughout the offseason. But he is hope a few more will step up in the final week of organized team activities and in training camp.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28296944/broncos-end-minicamp-questions-about-nose-tackle

ElevatorRaidersfanPA

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 05:15:49 AM »

Broncos just traded for Vernon Davis
"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!

The Prole

• Franchise Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 01:37:35 PM »

The Denver Broncos placed offensive tackle Menelik Watson on injured reserve Wednesday due to torn tendon in his foot, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The fifth-year veteran will be out for the remainder of the season.

Watson, who also suffered a calf injury earlier this season, is the second Broncos left tackle to be placed on IR in 2017. Billy Turner suffered a hand injury against the Giants and underwent surgery the next day.

With Watson done, the team signed former Buffalo Bills offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio to take up his place on the roster.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874040/article/injury-roundup-broncos-place-menelik-watson-on-ir

No surprise there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.