RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bo Pelini Fired by Nebraska!  (Read 3814 times)

BC

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
Bo Pelini Fired by Nebraska!
« on: November 30, 2014, 12:02:35 PM »

Bo Pelini Fired by Nebraska

By Joseph Zucker , Featured Columnist
Nov 30, 2014

Bo Pelini has been dismissed by Nebraska, the team announced Sunday morning.

The 46-year-old had served as head coach of the school since 2008 and was previously the defensive coordinator and interim head coach in 2003.

The Cornhuskers (9-3, 5-3 Big Ten) are fresh off a 37-34 overtime win against Iowa on Friday, but that wasn't enough to save Pelini his job.

Was Nebraska right to fire Bo Pelini?
Yes No Submit Vote vote to see results

Pelini's firing came as a major surprise to many, given how well Nebraska's performed during his tenure. Grantland's Bill Barnwell wondered how many coaches as successful as Pelini have been let go without being clouded by some sort of controversy:

According to Omaha World-Herald's Dirk Chatelain, Pelini's the first major conference coach in five decades to have lost his job despite winning at least eight games in each of his seasons:

Deadspin's Dom Cosentino (Note: Link NSFW) unearthed an audiotape from 2011, after the Cornhuskers came back from three touchdowns down to beat Ohio State. Pelini could be heard going on an expletive-laden rant against the fans and Chatelain.

Nebraska released two statements condemning what Pelini had to say on Sept. 16, 2013, the day the tape was released.

The first, from chancellor Harvey Perlman, read, "I am aware of the publication of Coach Pelini's comments. I am disappointed and in discussions with Shawn Eichorst about addressing the issue."

Eichorst, the director of athletics, added:

I am disheartened and disappointed by the 2011 comments published today attributed to Coach Pelini about our dedicated and passionate fans and supporters. I have spoken with Chancellor Perlman and I have addressed the situation with Bo and expressed our deep concern.

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: Bo Pelini Fired by Nebraska!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 06:57:06 PM »

I was in line for the Raiders game when this came across my phone. I know I was shocked. there will be a few big named schools looking for coaches this year

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

Tommy8Gun

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:33:11 AM »

I don't think this firing is shocking. Pelini was not able to turn Nebraska back into a great team. Pelini went to bowl games but failed to win the Big 12 and play in the BCS. NU also gave him time to turn the program around... and he was not able to do so. It's too bad, IMO, because Pelini has potential to be a decent college head coach. It will be interesting to see what's next for him.

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »

I was just as shocked when they said Riley was named the new HC for NEB.

I think he is a solid HC and I think he was the main reason he even made OSU viable. they will be a joke for years to come now. with resources and a national team I could see Riley making NEB a top 15 team in a couple of years. and put out pros on a reg basis

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 04:06:10 AM »

He rubbed people the wrong way with his both off and on field persona. When he couldn't win the important games he was deemed expendable.

I am glad he's gone. We knew what we had in him and the outlook wasn't much brighter.

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.

Tommy8Gun

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 01:06:10 PM »

Riley is an interesting hire. I'm anxious to see what he can do. He's never won a conference championship at Oregon State, and hasn't been successful lately. Hope it works out for NU because they are a proud program that needs to get back to prominence!

TIBERIUS

• HOF Member
  • FUCK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 02:02:10 AM »

BOPO is a dick. He went off on the fans and unloaded on the AD who canned his ass in the final meeting with his players.

U can read it online at the Omaha World Herald

"We were the only team in pro football whose team picture showed both a front and side view. " #12 -On the Oakland Raiders outlaw image.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.