December 19, 2014, 01:29:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raiders QB Matt Schaub not at club facility while dealing with `personal issue,’  (Read 268 times)
Gatekeeper
HOF Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 11:03:33 AM »

I dont have a problem with shaub staying on at 8 mil or whatever he makes. Unless you need his money to sign somone else then hes fine. The team has to spend so much money. And there just isnt anyone out there right now to spend miney on.. this team still has cap room and will have tons more next year. 

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!
The one
HOF Member

"The only easy day was yesterday"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 05:04:50 PM »

It would be nice if he could help the younger guys out.  But we don't know if he's the type of guy to step aside and teach. Pride's a bitch.

I remember when the fudge packers drafted Aaron Rodgers.  Favre came out and said that he wasn't there to teach or even be a mentor to Rodgers and that he was on his own. 

Who knows? Maybe Shaub will turn out to be a great mentor for Carr. Will the info be worth 8 million? 
Carr has already praised Schaub several times in caps and after the game complimenting how much he helps him out.

"The Marines are looking for a few good men, unfortunately you ain't it". Clint Eastwood, Heart break ridge.
The Prole
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 12:51:45 AM »

It would be nice if he could help the younger guys out.  But we don't know if he's the type of guy to step aside and teach. Pride's a bitch.

I remember when the fudge packers drafted Aaron Rodgers.  Favre came out and said that he wasn't there to teach or even be a mentor to Rodgers and that he was on his own. 

Who knows? Maybe Shaub will turn out to be a great mentor for Carr. Will the info be worth 8 million? 
Carr has already praised Schaub several times in caps and after the game complimenting how much he helps him out.

Behind the scenes I hope this is true, but Carr seems savvy enough to know how to talk to the media and rattle off the usual team approved soundbites. I'd like to see Schaub take on that role. It would show a lot of class.

az raider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 03:55:40 AM »

Behind the scenes I hope this is true, but Carr seems savvy enough to know how to talk to the media and rattle off the usual team approved soundbites. I'd like to see Schaub take on that role. It would show a lot of class.

I hope so too.  Shaub helping the kid out at camp and in some preseason games is all well and good but will he still be the happy professor if he's relegated to the third string quarterback? We'll see.....

if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis
nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »

I hope so too.  Shaub helping the kid out at camp and in some preseason games is all well and good but will he still be the happy professor if he's relegated to the third string quarterback? We'll see.....

Looks to me like Carr should be doing the teaching.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: