RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 2014 "Silver&Black Attack" FF Keepers League  (Read 11805 times)

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: 2014 "Silver&Black Attack" FF Keepers League
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 04:30:27 PM »

I say we keep just 1 this go around

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

Rolling_Raider

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »

Whoa! Wait a minute Gate. We had 2 last year and now you want to go backwards to 1?

Sonic

• Franchise Member
  • Welcome home, Chucky!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 08:03:32 PM »

Sign me up, Sonic is ready to roll!
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -- Sir Edmund Burke

Sonic

• Franchise Member
  • Welcome home, Chucky!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 08:05:06 PM »

It just says I'm not allowed to view the page because I'm not in the league.

ETA - Wait.  I think I just took the back way in and re-up'd.  

Yup, just got an email confirming I'm in and saying when the draft is.

How did you get in exactly?
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -- Sir Edmund Burke

BC

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »

It just says I'm not allowed to view the page because I'm not in the league.

ETA - Wait.  I think I just took the back way in and re-up'd.  

Yup, just got an email confirming I'm in and saying when the draft is.

How did you get in exactly?

I'm honestly not 100% sure, Sonic.  I was just flipping around and clicking things that might work.  But I think I hit my team icon and got a message asking me if I wanted to renew for the new year.  I probably typed in my password between those two things.  That would make the most sense, since I was signing in and all.  I also might have clicked on My Team on the drop down menu, maybe Edit Team Info.  Anything that looked like it might let me in.   ;D

Dr.Silver

• Team Physician
  • Franchise Member
  • OOOOH SHINY
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 07:33:29 PM »

Stay at 2 Keepers. I have had leagues with 3 or more and I hated it. Pick 2 and those are you boys. Thats my pick.
Follow Me on Twitter Machine
https://twitter.com/Docsilver

BC

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 10:06:41 PM »

I said what I thought was fair, but I guess I never put in my "vote."  I'd like at least 3 this year, as a kind of middle ground.  I'll play any way we set it up.

ETA:  I didn't say anything about this one on the league site.  I figured if it was important to some, I'd play it that way.  Either way works for me.   ;D

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:48:01 PM by BC »

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »

Yea I say 1 keeper but for sure not more then 2.  Like I said in the ff page I wouldn't mind changing it up every 3 yrs or so to where u cant keep the same guys 3x in a row or something.  Just a thought

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

Rolling_Raider

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 06:15:57 PM »

BC - please Vote in the Poll on the FF site. In fact, everyone please vote about the number of Keepers for this Season. That way we can get an actual number - right there - and can go forward with knowing how many each of us can Keep.

Gate - I responded to your idea about the 3 yr term limit on Keepers on the FF site. We can talk about it here or there. It's not an idea I have heard about in Keeper leagues and not really in favor of it - but I will go with the majority if we want to start that as a new rule.

Rolling_Raider

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 06:18:54 PM »

There are other issues on the FF site that we need everyone to answer - Please visit and make your position known so we can go forward.

Time is running out! And right now there is only 8 of us - so this shouldn't be difficult to get a consensus!

Rolling_Raider

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »

As most of you know - this Silver&Black Attack FF league has been my one and only FF baby since forming it and being the first commissioner back in 2007. I rarely play in other leagues. I have on the UK Raiders league - but that was only one season. And back in 2006 when I could not make it into the then only Raider Forum FF league, I joined a public league.

And not to take any attention away from what we need to be talking about with our league - which I will never leave - but I am also seriously considering joining another league - or forming another league - a Dynasty league. Anybody here every play in a Dynasty league? Have recommended place or league to join? Anyone from here want to also join a Dynasty league?

BC

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 01:04:50 AM »

OK.  I'll go vote as soon as I figure out how to delete a league from strangers that I don't know why I got there.   ;D

BC

• HOF Member
  • Raider Forum Sponsor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 02:55:22 AM »

And not to take any attention away from what we need to be talking about with our league - which I will never leave - but I am also seriously considering joining another league - or forming another league - a Dynasty league. Anybody here every play in a Dynasty league? Have recommended place or league to join? Anyone from here want to also join a Dynasty league?

There are lots of kinds of keeper and dynasty leagues.  Some leagues even go so far as to have coaches, etc.  Some are so complicated that they have players who are HCs and OCs and position coaches, meaning sometimes there are multiple owners.  I've played in light keepers, some with IDP and some without.  I've played in deep keepers, too.  Like a league where we kept 12 players and had relatively shallow bench room after that, which made for interesting strategy.  (We played 2 QBs in that one, too.)  I think that the definition of dynasty leagues would be more complicated leagues than my deep keeper, but a lot of people would call it a dynasty league.  The definition is a bit fluid.   ;D

Anyway, I don't have one to point you to, but I wouldn't be surprised to find one that is starting up on free places like Yahoo or NFL.com or ESPN.  There also is taking over a team someone doesn't want anymore.  You may know all of that already.  I'm just trying to be thorough.  If it were me, I'd google and see what came up.   ;D

Rolling_Raider

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »

Thanks BC. I did google Dynasty leagues before I posted my interests in joining/forming one. And I remember seeing Dynasty on Yahoo a couple of years ago - but cannot find it there now. I have found it on NFL.com but I also found it in a couple of other places where they are not free sites but do have more flexibility in league and team settings. I want to find something similar to our league setting but they all are Keepers - you can trade or waive if you want and the draft is for NFL Rookies. And I did see where some people have teams for sale within established Dynasty leagues but they are usually losing teams and although the whole thing about Dynasty leagues is about is about year after year building and re-building and more like NFL owners.

I did not see about some having multi-owners or owners ans someone else is a HC ect. I want to be the One - the Al Davis of the team! LOL I run it all! So I will look out for that! Thanks again for the info.

Rolling_Raider

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 03:43:03 PM »

And thanks to everyone for visiting the FF site and replying and voting in the poll. Looks like we have a majority on what to do! Now we need to get Doc in there. I will send him a message!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.