July 24, 2014, 07:00:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: C-Wood back for another year!  (Read 173 times)
SoCal_Mike
Franchise Member

Pride and poise

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2014, 11:46:23 PM »

Vic Tafur
 @VicTafur
 Source: Safety Charles Woodson has agreed to terms on a 1-year deal with #Raiders, per @JosinaAnderson

CC 2
HOF Member

Win or Lose make them pay the price!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:57:49 PM »

Yup its official several sites confirming it. Awesome  clap

BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 12:03:05 AM »

wave wave wave wave

The one
HOF Member

"The only easy day was yesterday"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 12:19:30 AM »

Nice. He will retire and go into the HOF a Raider for sure now.

"The Marines are looking for a few good men, unfortunately you ain't it". Clint Eastwood, Heart break ridge.
CC 2
HOF Member

Win or Lose make them pay the price!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 12:38:14 AM »

Nice. He will retire and go into the HOF a Raider for sure now.

Selfishly that is a big part of why I wanted RM to resign him. I think he proved to the critics he still is a baller.
Maybe this year he finally loses that step but Charles is one of those special kind of athletes that I think will be once again a playmaker.
I think it is important for the Raiders to allow Woodson to retire and go into the HOF as a Raider, to acknowledge him as yet another Raider greats. To allow the Raider fans to have pride saying this guy he was ours.
He is without a doubt from his NCAA Michigan days as #2 to his #24 Oakland, Packer career as one the best CB's ever to play the game at that position.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:40:27 AM by CC 2 » Logged

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 01:34:30 AM »

I kind of suspected he might want to play with all the vets we have been signing.

Glad he's back. I can wear my #24 C Wood jersey another season.  Grin

SoCal_Mike
Franchise Member

Pride and poise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 01:56:25 AM »

ESPN.com news services

Safety Charles Woodson has agreed to a one-year deal with the Oakland Raiders, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

The 16-year veteran made waves this offseason when he said he'd consider retirement if the right offer did not come his way a year after he made a reported $3.3 million on an incentive-laden one-year deal.

He played all but seven defensive snaps for the Raiders in 2013 and finished with 97 tackles -- third on the team -- with two sacks, an interception, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries, one of which was returned for a 25-yard touchdown against the San Diego Chargers.

That touchdown was his 13th career defensive score, tying him with Rod Woodson and Darren Sharper for most in NFL history.

Both coach Dennis Allen and general manager Reggie McKenzie had said they want him back.

Woodson turns 38 on Oct. 7.

ESPN.com Raiders reporter Paul Gutierrez contributed to this report.

USMC2141
All Star Member

RIP Mr Davis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 02:00:36 AM »

"Glad he's back. I can wear my #24 C Wood jersey another season."

Me too.   So glad he will be back for another year!

"Retreat, hell!  We just got here!"
Rolling_Raider
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 02:27:56 AM »

I am happy it got done! I think CW will have another productive year and with the major improvements on the D this off season - he belongs as part of this 2014 Raider D! It may be wishful thinking but I think they will surprise a lot of teams this year! Thank you CW and RM for making it happen for one more year!

One of the top free agent signings in NFL history after joining Raiders in 1999…Selected for the Pro Bowl 1999-2002 and won the Pro Bowl MVP Award 2 years in a row 2000 & 2001(a feat achieved by no other NFL player) Named the NFL’s 2002 Most Valuable Player after a record-setting season with the Raiders... In that season, set the Raiders single-season record for passes attempted (618), completed (418), yards (4,689), completion percentage (67.6), and consecutive 300-yard games (6) with a total of 10 games over 300-yards (a NFL record for a season) in leading the team to Super Bowl XXXVII…Appeared in 157 career games with 132 starts...Started in 71 straight league games at quarterback for the Silver and Black, a team record...Topped the 300-yard plateau 24 times in his career, including 19 with the Raiders, a team record…Also holds Raiders career records for completions (1,533) and completion percentage (62.6)…
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 02:38:27 AM »

Contract structure was at issue a few weeks back. Woodson was hoping for more salary and less of an incentive-based contract. The Raiders preferred a deal similar to last season, when he made $1.5 million of the $3.3 million earned last season through playing-time incentives.

I'll be interested to see his contract.

805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 03:08:02 AM »

I kind of suspected he might want to play with all the vets we have been signing.

Glad he's back. I can wear my #24 C Wood jersey another season.  Grin
cheers

JonRotten00
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 05:01:09 AM »

Good signing.  Another piece of the puzzle in place.
Raiderade
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 09:10:32 AM »

Let's hope he gets his record breaking 14th defensive touchdown too!

Ade~
TheMadStork
Franchise Member

How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 12:06:05 PM »

Its a great thing for Hayden especially.  I think he will be vastly improved this year.

I love the level of veteran leadership with Superbowl experience on the team now.  Where we once suffered a lack of leadership, we have a plethora of it now.   snap

There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: