November 27, 2014, 03:37:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rich Gannon recalls ugly hazing incident with Raiders  (Read 380 times)
BoNeSaW
Ontario Canada
Administrator
Franchise Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »

Fast foward to 3:50 to hear Gannon's comments

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24187173/rich-gannon-recalls-ugly-hazing-incident-with-raiders
BoNeSaW
Ontario Canada
Administrator
Franchise Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:33:01 PM »

Our TE's that year (1999) were Ricky Dudley, Jeremy Brigham, Derrick Walker..... he said rookie so I would presume Brigham

wow
Raider 8
Franchise Member

Commitment to Excellence

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:41:45 PM »

I thought this was going to be something good, big deal, icy hot and baby powder. The TE was probably laughing. Theres got to be some better stories than this. You know whats not hazing a TE is when Romo broke that dudes orbital bone and ended his career. That was fucked up
nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:40:32 PM »

Gannon is a bitch. 

CC 2
HOF Member

Win or Lose make them pay the price!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 11:55:41 AM »

Oakland made Gannon's career and took him to the highest salaries he ever earned  but yet this back stabber takes shots at the Raiders every chance he can.
Hey $Rich keep our name out if your mouth bitch.

Shutdown21
All Star Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:14:49 PM »

I don't see what's wrong with his comments. He, like many other former players have been asked all week about their locker room experiences.  I don't think anyone questioned Gannon's leadership when he was winning so no harm done in my book.
TBrown4ever
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »

"I went to an organization in Oakland, which quite frankly made me sick."

Nice. Glad the only organization that gave him a chance makes him sick. He really showed his appreciation with his SB performance....
gza77
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 06:51:38 PM »

Nice. Glad the only organization that gave him a chance makes him sick. He really showed his appreciation with his SB performance....

there's a reason the raiders only success in the last 20 years was under gruden and gannon.
The one
HOF Member

"The only easy day was yesterday"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 10:30:14 PM »

Truth hurts, its no secret, he has stated in many interviews back in the day how the members of team were running the asylum when he arrived. HE instilled discipline when every one was just fucking off collecting paychecks he first year he was there. Al didn't do shit to stop the inmates from running the place and it showed on the field every Sunday. If it wasn't for Gannon (along with Gruden/Rice) bring leadership, professionalism and discipline, we would of been a joke instead of contenders for 4 years. Gannon was THE LEADER we were longing for and he WON for us. Period. NO ONE should complain about his comments because it was the TRUTH. When Gannon left, went went right back to being SHIT and a JOKE.

"The Marines are looking for a few good men, unfortunately you ain't it". Clint Eastwood, Heart break ridge.
TBrown4ever
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »

In the end it was all for nothing. I loved Gannon. The Raiders were entertaining as fuck back then. But in the biggest game of his life he put in the most embarassing performance by a qb.

I know things were fucked up in our org for years. But imo when you're a part of something you should keep things to yourself. No need to bitch about shit through the media.
nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 04:50:37 PM »

Truth hurts, its no secret, he has stated in many interviews back in the day how the members of team were running the asylum when he arrived. HE instilled discipline when every one was just fucking off collecting paychecks he first year he was there. Al didn't do shit to stop the inmates from running the place and it showed on the field every Sunday. If it wasn't for Gannon (along with Gruden/Rice) bring leadership, professionalism and discipline, we would of been a joke instead of contenders for 4 years. Gannon was THE LEADER we were longing for and he WON for us. Period. NO ONE should complain about his comments because it was the TRUTH. When Gannon left, went went right back to being SHIT and a JOKE.

His SB performance was a joke. 

Leaders lead by example not with their mouths. 

He's a fucking as been joke taking advantage of anything that keeps people listening to him now.

Since this bullshit bullying deal has some out in our culture all we do is look for the next example of it.

There were allot of QB's in the league that would have succeeded under Gruden with the Raider Roster AD put together.  That was a good team.

nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »

Man the Chargers just ran a toss sweep. 

Why do we only run between the tackles?

The one
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 12:23:35 AM »

His SB performance was a joke. 

Leaders lead by example not with their mouths. 

He's a fucking as been joke taking advantage of anything that keeps people listening to him now.

Since this bullshit bullying deal has some out in our culture all we do is look for the next example of it.

There were allot of QB's in the league that would have succeeded under Gruden with the Raider Roster AD put together.  That was a good team.

Respect opinion, but its pure speculation that allot of QB's would have succeeded under Gruden, that can and will not be proven since its the past. Point is, Gannon was the QB, the leader of the offense and made play and throws that won us many games. 

"The Marines are looking for a few good men, unfortunately you ain't it". Clint Eastwood, Heart break ridge.
TBrown4ever
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 12:32:43 AM »

Respect opinion, but its pure speculation that allot of QB's would have succeeded under Gruden, that can and will not be proven since its the past. Point is, Gannon was the QB, the leader of the offense and made play and throws that won us many games. 

A lot of QB's could've thrown 5 picks in the superbowl as well.
The one
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »

A lot of QB's could've thrown 5 picks in the superbowl as well.
A lot of COACHES would of changed our audibles against the opposing coach who KNEW EVERY PLAY in our play book. A lot of CENTERS wouldn't go to TJ and get fucked up and leave a HUGE HOLE IN OUR O line in the most important game of the year. Too many factors played into that loss, defense gave up plays and points, running game never got going, Gannon was pressured constantly--blaming Gannon SOLEY is foolish at best and yes he shares some of the responsibility.

Point is, we were consistant winners for four years, I went to all the home games, and you knew as a Raider fan we had a chance, a very good chance to beat ANYONE AT ANYTIME, when is the last time we had that kind of team?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: