October 30, 2014, 11:55:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richie Incognito threatened Jonathan Martin with racial slurs  (Read 154 times)
Sonic
Franchise Member

Here Comes The Mack Attack!

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:13:32 PM »

Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN that the following is a transcript of a voice message Incognito left for Martin in April 2013, a year after Martin was drafted:

"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9926139/richie-incognito-miami-dolphins-used-slurs-messages-jonathan-martin

Win, Lose, or Tie: Raiders 'Til We Die WE DESERVE BETTER!
backwoodsraider
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:44:11 AM »

First of all I can`t stand Incognito. I think he is a punk beotch on the field. Having said that, in only of a matter of hours since this story broke, he has been tried, convicted and executed by the media when nobody knows any of the facts other than the transcript of a phone call. The words themselves when shown on the TV screen scream hatred but anybody who has been in a locker room, fraternity, cop station, firehouse or any type of "boys club" can see these words possibly being taken way out of context. It is entirely possible that the truth lies in the middle meaning Incognito is an ass to new players AND Martin is a hypersensitive pussy who didn`t just shove back and instead screams "I`m a victim" to the press. Maybe I am wrong but my point is nobody knows really what happened yet......
805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:38:08 PM »

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/richie-incognito-and-the-best-fictional-bullies-of-all-time/

CB
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 01:10:15 AM »

Now the reports are coming out that he was asked by the Dolphins' coaching staff to 'toughen up' Martin. In today's NFL, that's just unbelievably stupid. Sending the fox into the hen house to teach them to lay eggs. If Incognito was a racist thug, why hasn't any of his teammates (or former teammates) corroborated this?

Million dollar question. Would you want him on the Raiders?

He's the kind of OG that old school line coaches drool over. Big, strong, with a mean streak a mile wide. They'll all say he was born to play for the Raiders. If anybody could ever get inside his thick skull and get him to channel his emotions, he'd be just what the doctor ordered.

Or, he could completely blow your team and locker room apart.

Raider fan in lamb land

805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 01:37:51 AM »

Richie Incognito's current troubles are just the latest in a long line of problems for the persona non grata offensive lineman of the Miami Dolphins.

All through college (two schools) and the NFL (three teams), he has been trouble at nearly every stop along the way.

Here's a brief look at Incognito's history of off- and on-field issues:

• As a freshman at Nebraska in 2002, Incognito (according to USA Today this week) bullied teammate Jack Limbaugh to the point where he stormed off at practice.

• Incognito started 13 of 14 games as a true freshman, missing the one against Iowa State because of an in-game fight against Penn State the week prior.

• Incognito was suspended the following spring by then-head coach Frank Solich. The reasons never were reported.

View gallery
Richie Incognito at Nebraska (Getty Images)
• In the spring semester of 2004, Incognito was charged with three counts of assault after a fight at a party. He was found guilty on one charge of misdemeanor assault and hit with a $500 fine.
• That following fall, Incognito was suspended from Nebraska and he withdrew from school two weeks later.

• Two weeks after leaving Nebraska, Incognito enrolled at Oregon. A week after that, then-Ducks head coach Mike Bellotti kicked him off the team and told the Oregonian: "There were conditions we had set down and set forth for him to be admitted to our program, and they were not met."

• That next spring in 2005, Incognito declared for the NFL draft. Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy recently told Dan Patrick that his team red-flagged Incognito for character concerns and removed him from their draft board. So did former New England Patriots personnel boss Scott Pioli, who echoed similar sentiments on NBC Sunday night.

• After being taken in the third round of the NFL draft by the St. Louis Rams, Incognito earned a starting spot and became known for his rough style on the field. He committed 38 penalties, including seven for unnecessary roughness, in 44 games.

• Incognito was voted the "NFL's dirtiest player" by The Sporting News in a poll of 99 players in 2009.

• After several incidents involving fans and then-Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo (during a game against the Tennessee Titans), Incognito was released in December 2009. He finished the season with the Buffalo Bills but spent only three games with them.

• In December 2011, as a member of the Miami Dolphins, Incognito incited Oakland Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who was fined $30,000 for punching Incognito during a game.

• Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith called out Incognito for dirty play in 2012. In a 2013 preseason game with the Dolphins, Smith swung his helmet during an altercation with Incognito, which earned Smith a one-week suspension.

• Also in August, Incognito was involved in an incident at a Miami Beach hotel in which it was reported he punched a security guard, but his name was cleared, charges were dropped and Incognito was issued only a trespassing warning.

• The incidents with Jonathan Martin, which reportedly dated from his rookie season, and through April OTAs, came to light in November. The Dolphins, after hearing the reported death threats and racist slurs on voicemails left on Martin's cell phone, suspended Incognito indefinitely and reportedly plan to cut ties with him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richie-incognito-troubled-timeline-dates-back-early-college-224648711--nfl.html

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 03:37:08 AM »

Richie Incognito's bully reputation goes back to 2002

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/11/05/incognito-bully-accusations-nebraska-freshman/3439819/

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Every college or pro team that signed him either cut ties with him, suspended him or both

Incognito and his father have said in interviews that he was bullied as a child for being overweight

A sports psychologist said abuse victims often repeat the cycle of abuse they learned as children

FIRE DENNIS ALLEN/ (thank you)/ FIRE REGGIE MCKENZIE/GET NEW OWNERSHIP
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 04:39:01 AM »

Report: Coaches wanted Incognito to toughen up Martin

When Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald visited PFT Live on Tuesday and we discussed the possibility that Dolphins guard Richie Incognito’s treatment of tackle Jonathan Martin came at the behest of a coaching staff hoping to make Martin tougher, Salguero predicted that, if that ends up being the case, a lot of people will be fired.

A lot of people apparently will be fired.

According to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Dolphins coaches asked Incognito “to toughen up” Martin after he missed a voluntary workout during the 2013 offseason.  Kelly cites “at least two” unnamed sources.

Per the unnamed sources, Incognito may have taken his orders too far.  Specifically, the sources tell Kelly that the racially-charged voice message from Incognito to Martin came after skipped two days of the team’s voluntary OTA program.

“Incognito was encouraged by his coaches to make a call that would ‘get [Martin] into the fold,’” Kelly reports.

Regardless of whether Incognito took his orders too far, those who gave the orders will be facing serious consequences, if the report is accurate.  Management-level employees can’t pull the rip cord on a reputed nut job and then throw their hands in the air and say “that was an overreaction” when the local enforcer is overly zealous with his methods of enforcement.

Apart from the fact that the report suggests a violation of the rules regarding voluntary workouts, the report indicates that the coaches set in motion the events that resulted in Martin leaving the team due to ongoing harassment by Incognito.  Even though Kelly’s report focuses specifically on communications occurring in the offseason, it’s quite possible that the effort to toughen up Martin was as extensive as the cinematic effort to “train” PFC William Santiago.

To summarize, one of the biggest messes in recent years is about to get a lot messier.  And if Kelly’s report is accurate, more people than Incognito will soon be former employees of the Dolphins.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/05/report-coaches-wanted-incognito-to-toughen-up-martin/

FIRE DENNIS ALLEN/ (thank you)/ FIRE REGGIE MCKENZIE/GET NEW OWNERSHIP
RVinnyT
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 07:57:21 AM »

What a piece of shit. Hope he never plays another down in the NFL. People are finally putting a stop to that kind of behavior in this world and its starting to reach into the NFL. I only find it unfortunate and confusing people are calling the man who was raised by good parents with a standford education and tought to be a bigger man a pussy, like hes the bad guy in this whole situation. No one should be treated that way. no one should hate going to work because they dont want to be abused over and over again.

Raider Nation Lifer
805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 02:06:06 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/warren-sapp-says-richie-incognito-called-him-n-181618860--nfl.html?vp=1

805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 03:30:47 PM »

Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jonathan Martin recently checked himself into a South Florida hospital to be treated for emotional distress that led the second-year player to leave the team last week, league sources told ESPN.

Martin was visited at the hospital by Dolphins coach Joe Philbin, and the organization arranged for his parents to travel to South Florida, the sources said.

Mike and Mike

ESPN Radio's Dan Le Batard shares his thoughts on Jonathan Martin's handling of Richie Incognito's conduct, the atmosphere in NFL locker rooms and more.

More Podcasts »
Martin's hospital stay was brief before he returned to California with his parents, according to sources.

The specific treatment of Martin's emotional condition was not disclosed, but sources say it was related to his belief that he had been targeted during a sustained level of harassment from teammates, including suspended guard Richie Incognito.

Martin did not disclose to Philbin any specific incident of harassment or bullying when the coach made the hospital visit, sources said.

Incognito was suspended Sunday night by the Dolphins for conduct detrimental to the team after Martin's representatives provided voice mail and text evidence from April that the team agreed was inappropriate.

Martin remains in California, preparing a detailed document for his cooperation with a league investigation into a string of alleged multiple incidents he says led to his emotional distress and exit from the team, sources said.

Some of Martin's former teammates reacted Wednesday to what has become a national controversy.

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, a teammate of Martin's at Stanford, told ESPN.com that he has talked to Martin.

"I love Jon like a brother," Luck said. "We had a lot of fun -- a lot of good times -- together at Stanford.

"It's obviously an incredibly unfortunate situation. But out of respect for him and what's going on, I'd rather not talk about it."

Pittsburgh Steelers guard David DeCastro, who played on the offensive line with Martin at Stanford, also said he checked in on his former teammate.

"I just wanted to make sure he was OK, and he is," DeCastro told ESPN.com. "I just called him to make sure he was all right."

DeCastro, a first-round draft pick last year, described Martin as a "great player" who he got along well with at Stanford.

"I could care less about football," said DeCastro, who was drafted 19 picks before Martin last year. "I just wanted to make sure he was OK as a person, and he is. So that's good. That's what's important."

Three people who know Martin and have spoken to him told ESPN that he wants to continue playing football and has never discussed leaving the sport based on simply playing the game.

Martin's high school coach, Vic Eumont, told the Palm Beach Post that Martin's personality did not fit in with the Dolphins crowd.

Eumont was Martin's coach at Harvard-Westlake School, a private high school in Studio City, Calif. Both of Martin's parents went to Harvard, but Martin passed up on a chance to go to Harvard so he could play football at Stanford.

"Before, he wasn't around Nebraska, LSU kind of guys," Eumont, a former Tulane offensive guard, told the Palm Beach Post. "He's always been around Stanford, Duke, Rice kind of players."

Eumont told the paper he hasn't spoken with Martin since he left the Dolphins last week, but he said he could see how the team might not welcome Martin back in the locker room after Incognito's suspension.

"In locker rooms full of Nebraska, LSU, Southern Cal players, Miami players -- they'll look at this as a weakness," Eumont told the paper. "If he makes it through all this, and if he was encouraged to come back, he'd come back with a vengeance."

Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN on Monday that Incognito used racial epithets and profane language toward Martin on multiple occasions. In a transcript of a voice mail message from April, Incognito referred to Martin as a "half n----- piece of s---."

The 6-foot-3, 319-pound Incognito, a ninth-year pro, is white. The 6-5, 312-pound Martin is biracial.

The NFL is investigating the troubled relationship between Martin and Incognito. One of the pivotal questions being posed by both the league and the NFL Players Association is whether Martin reached out to Philbin as the issues were unfolding.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9936309/jonathan-martin-checked-hospital-leaving-miami-dolphins

805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 06:42:23 PM »

Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill said he was shocked when learning how the situation devolved between teammates Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin.

"If you asked Jonathan Martin who his best friend is on this team two weeks ago, he'd say Richie Incognito," Tannehill said during a Wednesday media session. "First guy to stand up for Jonathan when anything went down on the field, any kind of tussle, Richie was the first guy there. When they wanted to hang out outside of football, who was together? Richie and Jonathan. I'm not in those guy's shoes. I can't explain what's going on."

The NFL announced Wednesday it had appointed Ted Wells as special counsel to investigate the Dolphins situation.

Incognito was suspended indefinitely Sunday for conduct detrimental to the team, a move that capped a flurry of developments concerning Martin, the offensive tackle who suffered an emotional breakdown at the team's complex last week. NFL Media's Albert Breer obtained a transcript of a voice mail that Incognito left Martin, which directed threats and a racial slur toward the second-year pro. The NFL and the Dolphins have heard the voice mail.

Tannehill said he never heard the voice mail and defended Incognito's character.

"All I know about Richie is that he's a great teammate to me," Tannehill said. "I saw him be a great teammate all the time. Does he like to give guys a hard time? Yes. Does he like to pester guys and have fun? Yes. He brought a lot of laughter to this locker room. He brought a lot of cohesiveness to this locker room. He was the best teammate I could ask for."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000277646/article/tannehill-defends-richie-incognito

Bart Hubbuch ?@HubbuchNYP 1h
Dolphins OL Tyson Clabo: Martin "needs to stand up and be a man. I don't know why he's doing this."
 Retweeted by Vic Tafur
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More Expand
 Bart Hubbuch ?@HubbuchNYP 54m
Tyson Clabo: "Everybody's trying to make Richie out to be a racist psychopath, and nothing could be farther from the truth."
 Retweeted by Vic Tafur
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More Expand
 Andrew Abramson ?@AbramsonPBP 1h
Randy Starks on why they're speaking up after initially being told not to talk: We want to clear Richie's name
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:49:08 PM by 805raiderslo » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: