November 26, 2014, 11:14:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NNAMDI ASOMUGHA was just released by the 49'ers  (Read 740 times)
TheMadStork
Franchise Member

How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 07:53:15 AM »

Against teh Eagles, hed have been the MVP of the game and we might have stood a chance against Foles if we didnt play a soft pussy ass zone.

There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie Smiley
TheMadStork
Franchise Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 07:54:44 AM »

"For some unexplained reason Oakland defensive coordinator Jason Tarver opted not to blitz much at all in the 49-20 loss to Philadelphia. Perhaps Tarver was concerned about the risk of getting beat deep in the passing game and figured that more defenders dropping back into coverage would make it tougher on Foles.

Whatever the reason, it was an outright miserable strategy that wound up being costly. The Eagles quarterback was sacked twice, hit two other times and was pressured on only six plays overall.

As rough of a season as Manning is having, he’ll do the same thing that Foles did, if not worse, if the Raiders take the same approach."
bandana===============================================

Roll Eyes

The one
HOF Member

"The only easy day was yesterday"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »

"For some unexplained reason Oakland defensive coordinator Jason Tarver opted not to blitz much at all in the 49-20 loss to Philadelphia. Perhaps Tarver was concerned about the risk of getting beat deep in the passing game and figured that more defenders dropping back into coverage would make it tougher on Foles.

Whatever the reason, it was an outright miserable strategy that wound up being costly. The Eagles quarterback was sacked twice, hit two other times and was pressured on only six plays overall.

As rough of a season as Manning is having, he’ll do the same thing that Foles did, if not worse, if the Raiders take the same approach."
bandana===============================================

Roll Eyes
I said it during the game, I think he "over thought" and "over complicated" the defense against the Eagles. I think his reasoning was to play zone coverages, try to confuse Foles and make him turn the ball over. Perhaps this is what worked against the Eagles the last two games (copy cat league). I think IMO this was the worst game plan he has put together this year, and he wll learn from that, He's a smart guy.

"The Marines are looking for a few good men, unfortunately you ain't it". Clint Eastwood, Heart break ridge.
nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 10:30:40 PM »

I say we bring him back...but as a Strong Safety. I'm tired of seeing Usama Young blow overages and tackles. Could you imagine? Woodson and Nnamdi back there patrolling the secondary?
He doesn't have the skills to be a safety.. He can't tackle very well and his ball skills are suspect.

He was a safety at Cal. I can't remember if we converted him to safety or if he played his SR year at corner. I haven't watched him lately, but he was the best tackling corner I can remember us having since Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes. And yes, I would consider him a better tackler than Woodson.

The reason not to pick him up is because he has struggled mightily in zone schemes. We're playing zone almost exclusively, so why bring in a corner to play in a system he can't handle. I think he could be a good safety if he could handle the zone coverages.

Aso a better tackler than Woodson?  Not too sure about that one. 

Not being a fit for our team I totally agree.  You don't usually pick your corners for their tackling skills anyway. 

nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 10:31:39 PM »

Shes pregnant too

Honestly I love to play football.  But I'm surprised more guys don't just retire early after a couple million. 
nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2013, 10:33:06 PM »

I just want to post great play Aso like 3 years ago  Wink

He was over rated 3 years ago.  Our D was so bad they could just avoid him. 
nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2013, 10:34:33 PM »

Against teh Eagles, hed have been the MVP of the game and we might have stood a chance against Foles if we didnt play a soft pussy ass zone.

Maybe there should be a button for drunk ass posts. 
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2013, 01:25:02 AM »

If he is indeed at the end of his career....... why NOT sign the guy so he can end it here?

Dude gave us some great years.

In a season of lost causes....... I think there is plenty of dead weight in the secondary.

FIRE DENNIS ALLEN/ (thank you)/ FIRE REGGIE MCKENZIE/GET NEW OWNERSHIP
Earl
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2013, 02:52:21 AM »

If he is indeed at the end of his career....... why NOT sign the guy so he can end it here?

Dude gave us some great years.

In a season of lost causes....... I think there is plenty of dead weight in the secondary.

Yup.
Raider 8
Franchise Member

Commitment to Excellence

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »

Shes pregnant too

Honestly I love to play football.  But I'm surprised more guys don't just retire early after a couple million. 

I'd give it up if I was him, its a fun game but it has long term affects on your life. Hes one of the more articulate guys in the league. He can move on to other options.  Hes got money, why stick around for the league minimum and 4th corner spot.
TheMadStork
Franchise Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »

4th corner?  Please, he'd be starting in front of Jenkins in a heartbeat.

Raider 8
Franchise Member

Commitment to Excellence

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 02:35:47 PM »

4th corner?  Please, he'd be starting in front of Jenkins in a heartbeat.

Its not 2005, he might not start over Phillip Adams
ghostmech
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »

Well....there's always Ed Reed (waived by the Texans today) any takers?  Probably too expensive and just doesn't play like he did before the injury.

Raider 8
Franchise Member

Commitment to Excellence

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 06:47:31 PM »

This thread is turning into the over the hill gang. How about asomuogha, reed, TO, ,moss, anybody else we can think of.

Hayden has a long way to go, but hes not gonna get anywhere if he doesn't play.
jiu-jitsuGOD
Pro Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 02:21:04 AM »

Tory James or  Philip Buchanon ...!>!> lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: