RaidersForum.net

Oakland Raiders Fan Community - RaiderForum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: RAIDERFORUM GAMING & ELECTRONICS  (Read 101284 times)

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
Re: RAIDERFORUM GAMING & ELECTRONICS
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 11:44:39 AM »

Russell being mobile is nice too. He is actually pretty nimble. And like Limb said above. he can get out of sacks cause he is so BIG
Also, the article hlong75 posted in the McFadden career sim thread said using Russell in goal line QB sneak situations almost guarantees a first down...
I guess I should come up with a new sig now...

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • facebook
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 11:46:31 AM »

I remember just diving so not to be sacked and got 5 yards with him. lol.

so far 2-0 vs the afc west.

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

Limb Reaper

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 12:51:31 PM »

I lost 13-10 to the fuckin' Bills.

Haven't yet figured out how to consistently move the ball on the ground.

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 01:09:18 PM »

One thing that I've read is that the adaptive AI, or IQ, constantly updates, so your potential Pro Bowl record-breakers will be gradually neutralized...

ie. If McFad gets 150 yds his first game, the CPU AI will toughen running D and cut him down to 125, then 100, then 90... etc.

Perhaps that's what happening...

Limb Reaper

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 01:11:01 PM »

One thing that I've read is that the adaptive AI, or IQ, constantly updates, so your potential Pro Bowl record-breakers will be gradually neutralized...

ie. If McFad gets 150 yds his first game, the CPU AI will toughen running D and cut him down to 125, then 100, then 90... etc.

Try 97...then 79...then 55.

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 01:35:14 PM »

Eesh.  Yeah, that sounds about right.  Can you perhaps have the rest of the sliders on adaptive and manually set the run D AI?

Limb Reaper

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »

Eesh.  Yeah, that sounds about right.  Can you perhaps have the rest of the sliders on adaptive and manually set the run D AI?

I'm still fiddling with it. I'll get to a happy medium at some point - plus I need better linemen.

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • facebook
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 07:15:46 AM »

I set it to PRO level and still had a hard time running the ball. I was able to pass better and got to the QB with easy. SO i need to find a happy medium too.

As I walk through the valley of The Shadow of Death. I have NO fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in  the whole valley!!! HOORAH!

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 07:30:09 AM »

I didn't even got to play it last night  :'(

Gatekeeper

• HOF Member
    • facebook
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 07:33:19 AM »

That sucks. I have done that before. buy a game and not be able to play it. Drives me nuts!

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 07:48:45 AM »

That sucks. I have done that before. buy a game and not be able to play it. Drives me nuts!
It's a bitch.  I at least got to take off the plastic wrapper, so it's ready to throw in the 360 and kick ass.  Hopefully I can get some good quality time tonight!

Oakland65

• HOF Member
  • Hail the Throne!
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2008, 02:48:10 PM »

I have been in Vegas the last four days, but bought it yesterday in Vegas so when I get home tonight < Oregon > I will be able to play!

It is killing me having it packed and not being able to play it!

Only after disaster can we be resurrected - Tyler Durden
Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! - Tyler Durden

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 07:27:28 AM »

I finally got (only) 3 hours with it last night.  The game looks great and the presentation is wonderful.  The tackling/running animations aren't really animations at all - mostly ragdoll-esque physics.

Running the ball sure is fucking difficult!!  I'm sucking at it at the moment!!

The IQ test pass D and run D are impossible!

Limb Reaper

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 08:33:48 AM »

I finally got (only) 3 hours with it last night.  The game looks great and the presentation is wonderful.  The tackling/running animations aren't really animations at all - mostly ragdoll-esque physics.

Running the ball sure is fucking difficult!!  I'm sucking at it at the moment!!

The IQ test pass D and run D are impossible!

I'm having the same issues. I've found that the only way to keep moving the ball on the ground is to constantly swap out the backs. I can run 3x with Fargas or McFadden at tailback and get maybe 9 yards total, but if I put in the "Jumbo" package, Griffith will suddenly rip off a ten yard gain. But don't try that twice in a row, because the defense will automatically adapt and drop you in the backfield.

To use a geek reference, it's like fighting the Borg.

My pass defense IQ keeps going up, in defiance of what actually happens during a given game. For example, Pennington was nearly unstoppable when I played the Jets. He completed 30 of 40 for 330 or so yards and two TD's - but my pass defense still jumped a notch, which moved it into All Madden range.

Meanwhile, Russell had a decent game - 16 of 23 for 193 yards, a couple TD's and a pick on a hail mary at the end of the second quarter.

Yet somehow, my pass offense rating dropped.

Seems backwards.

Some funny shit has happened so far though. Terdell Sands recovered a fumble in that game and chugged 43 yards before falling on his face in the end zone. Aside from his surprising speed, it looked almost exactly like you'd expect it to look when a 320 pound dude suddenly has to cover a large distance in a short period of time - hilarious.   

Damage Inc.

• Franchise Member
  • I will cut you!!
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 09:06:31 AM »

My passer rating also drops a notch after every game, it seems - regardless of how well I do.

On the other hand... I played the Donks and had 4 INTs, two of which were returned for TD's, and my pass D didn't go up.

Weird.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.